God is punishing American soldiers

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Anti-Gay Church Protests at GI Funerals
By BETH RUCKER

SMYRNA, Tenn. - Members of a church say God is punishing American soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays, and they brought their anti-gay message to the funerals Saturday of two Tennessee soldiers killed in Iraq.

The church members were met with scorn from local residents. They chased the church members cars' down a highway, waving flags and screaming "God bless America."

"My husband is over there, so I'm here to show my support," 41-year-old Connie Ditmore said as she waved and American flag and as tears came to her eyes. "To do this at a funeral is disrespectful of a family, no matter what your beliefs are."

The Rev. Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist in Kansas, contends that American soldiers are being killed in Iraq as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays. The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps' children, grandchildren and in-laws.

The church members carried signs and shouted things such as "God hates ***s" and "God hates you."

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps' children, grandchildren and in-laws.

That says it all, a few inbreed wackos! Reminds me of a X-Files show.