Going fulltime poker 3/25-8/1

Fezzik

EOG Veteran
3/25 live: +202, online -671, RESULT: -469
3/26 LIVE +12, online +979, result: +991, YTD: +522

Qualified for the Rio Free Roll today, $11,000 to be given away 1 week from today, about 80 players expected.

Tough sledding day 1 online, having a solid session to start Thurday, multitabling NL 2/3, 3/6. 5/10

Live games 1/3 and 2/5 for the most part, will play some higher in the future.

Thursday late night online session going well (I seem to always do well in the late night sessions, gotta play more during those hours).

Re: Going fulltime poker 3/25-8/1

GL Fezzik

I believe that if someone is a disciplined player (and a night owl), late night is the very best time to make money playing poker online.

Lot's of guys on tilt from losing earlier and/or sitting at their computer under the influence

The Devil

EOG Master

WHERE YOU PLAYING FEZZIK???

ANY POKERSTARS??? I'LL STAY AWAY FROM YOUR TABLES......

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

3/27 live: n/a online: +364, YTD 886

keeping my online spot(s) quiet.

The Devil

EOG Master

3/27 live: n/a online: +364, YTD 886

keeping my online spot(s) quiet.

WAS JUST ASKING AS I FIGURED IF I STAYED AWAY FROM YOUR TABLES I WOULDN'T HURT YOUR WIN PERCENTAGE...............:cheers

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

3/28: Live -300, Online: +429, YTD: 1,015
Falling behind goal here day 4......gonna have to step up my game.

One thing that stands out is how variance free poker is vs. sports betting. The swings in sports are brutal.

Good idea for a thread, Fezzik. I look forward to seeing how this goes.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

Online posting may just not be the right Karma for me.

I'm down 1400 today online, +48 live, as I type this for 3/29. Will update tomorrow with final numbers.

I have been playing partime for the last 3 months, and been wining very steadily. This is easily the worst day I have EVER had playing in my poker life. I have never lost this much in 1 day. (I've lost way, way, way more ina bad sports betting day).

The consolation prize is that literally, I am getting my money in with the best of it and/or racing and yet getting pounded.

KK vs. QQ, AK vs AQ, set vs. flush draw, etc.

Unbelievable!

I don't believe in this stuff, but I appear to be cursed at EOG......if i Post about it, I lose.

Squeeze

EOG Member

Losing 1400 when multitabling up to 5/10 is nothing (1.5 BI). I hope you use some sort of br management because days like this will happen often enough.
I also hope you have a lot of live experience, cause I wouldn't advice anyone to try to be a fulltime player with only 3 months experience.

Good luck

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

3/29 live: +48, online -1386, YTD: -320.

To answer the question, been playing poker 2.5 years on/off. I am a candidate master in chess which certainly helps with poker, as I have found many hands play out like chess openings.....you basically memorize the best moves to make in certain situations.

In contrast to chess, you cannot always play the best moves, as you will be too readable, ez to identify, so you have to vary your play, in fact, a few well placed big bluffs are absolutely necessary to play a strong game.

You hear all the time about poker pros going bust. I don't get it. The play at the lower NL levels is so atrocious, it is unbelievable.

Having said that, I am staying out of the 5/10 NL online games and playing 1/2, 2/3, 3/6 until I build the poker bankroll.

Also, note my poker bankroll is about 1 maximum sports bet for me, so don't worry guys, I'm grossly underbetting (which is never a bad thing).

As for live play, WHAT A CONTRAST! I played in a 2/5 game at the Wynn, and everyone at the table was solid. Today at the Rio, I played a 2/5 game where the table had some palyers that were totally dead money.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

3/30

Live: +178, online+99, +277, YTD -43

A very bad start to this endeavor.