Good news out of LA

railbird

EOG Master
Yu Darvish shoved it up the Dodgers ass tonight. The Sparks lose as 12 point favorites and the Lakers got much worse.

railbird

EOG Master
What team does Magic Johnson promote or pretend to own these days?

Last edited by a moderator:

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Yu Darvish shoved it up the Dodgers ass tonight. The Sparks lose as 12 point favorites and the Lakers got much worse.

LMAO. Have you ever thought of Standup Comedy; you're a natural. I've got two Highlanders on my squad and they are going to cut people;s fucking heads off. I don't own a crystal ball so I can't guarantee a Chip but if they stay healthy, they are much more likely than any other team to win.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
LMAO. Have you ever thought of Standup Comedy; you're a natural. I've got two Highlanders on my squad and they are going to cut people;s fucking heads off. I don't own a crystal ball so I can't guarantee a Chip but if they stay healthy, they are much more likely than any other team to win.
If Klay and Durant can break down, the odds of LBJ breaking down are higher. Not busting balls but it’s a reality. He’s older and has more miles on those tires.

The west is wide open this year, health may be the deciding factor.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If Klay and Durant can break down, the odds of LBJ breaking down are higher. Not busting balls but it’s a reality. He’s older and has more miles on those tires.

Yes, health is a concern which is why I said, if they remain healthy, the West is already won; it's basically closed. No team is going to beat them in a 7-game series, IMO.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

In all honesty, knowing what we know right now, who is your favorite to win the Title next year? I understand the odds can change as circumstances change but as of right now, who you got on top?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
In all honesty, knowing what we know right now, who is your favorite to win the Title next year? I understand the odds can change as circumstances change but as of right now, who you got on top?
As of today, Toronto. Obviously there will be a lot of moves between now and the start of the season. NO will be the interesting team with 2 of the two 4 picks.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
As of today, Toronto. Obviously there will be a lot of moves between now and the start of the season. NO will be the interesting team with 2 of the two 4 picks.

I just checked and the BFE Odds (BetFair Exchange) suggest that the Lakers have double the chance of winning a Chip than Toronto.... ~22% chance to ~11% (they are 1 and 2). It's a very immature market and things can change and I only bring it up to say I'm not off my rocker on this one, they are already perceived as the best team in the LG for a reason.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
At the moment, they basically have double the chances of winning it all over their closest competetion. This was no small move, it was a seismic one. Why do you think I am all giddy over here? I know what that move means.... not 1, not 2..... :)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I just checked and the BFE Odds (BetFair Exchange) suggest that the Lakers have double the chance of winning a Chip than Toronto.... ~22% chance to ~11% (they are 1 and 2). It's a very immature market and things can change and I only bring it up to say I'm not off my rocker on this one, they are already perceived as the best team in the LG for a reason.

Obviously, there is a shit load of Hold in a Futures Market where they sell you $1.00 for $1.50 or whatever it is and I'm not going to back out the Margin (commission in this case) to figure out Fair Prices but you take my point.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They were perceived as the 2nd best team last season, means nothing. The chances of LBJ breaking down this season is higher than most.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
They were perceived as the 2nd best team last season, means nothing. The chances of LBJ breaking down this season is higher than most.

That's about right, you're Resulting. I had their ceiling at 2nd best team in West by playoffs when they were like 2-5; Shit happens. The GS Nerds were 0-3 in the NBA Finals, Shit happens and doesn't happen in a vaccuum.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
That's about right, you're Resulting. I had their ceiling at 2nd best team in West by playoffs when they were like 2-5; Shit happens. The GS Nerds were 0-3 in the NBA Finals, Shit happens and doesn't happen in a vaccuum.
You are capping LBJ like a 27-YO when he’s not that.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You are capping LBJ like a 27-YO when he’s not that.

He was coming off of one of if not the greatest Playoff Performance ever. Put this in perspective, Kawhi was awesome in the Playoffs, doesn't compare to what LBJ did just last year.

Also, do you have any idea how good AD really is? I'm not sure why his teams haven't had more success and that is the only reason why Kawhi has occupied the #2 spot on my player rankings.

LA has the King and who I always thought would be the rightful Heir to the throne. It is going to be a campaign of terror. Hide the woman and children and get your ass to the wall because they are coming.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
He was coming off of one of if not the greatest Playoff Performance ever. Put this in perspective, Kawhi was awesome in the Playoffs, doesn't compare to what LBJ did just last year.

Also, do you have any idea how good AD really is? I'm not sure why his teams haven't had more success and that is the only reason why Kawhi has occupied the #2 spot on my player rankings.

LA has the King and who I always thought would be the rightful Heir to the throne. It is going to be a campaign of terror. Hide the woman and children and get your ass to the wall because they are coming.
Yeah but you are not considering that each year played means hes more likely to break down - just like last year. You have LBJ as the best player in the NBA, not AD. If LBJ gets hurt, they may not be as good as NO.

kane

EOG master

Darvish also shoved it up the Dodgers ass in the 2017 WS when he single handedly cost them the WS

Heim

EOG Master

Funny part about this post is Darvish wasn't even the winning pitcher. You'd think a guy shoving it up the oppositions ass would
at minimum win the game.