Good or bad middle

GamblingBrain

EOG Addicted
Is 8 pt spread enough to go for middle in totals in hoops. Here is my example. I had $500 on Lakers/Nuggets under 206. At the half its 97 points scored. I just got Over for second half for $500 to go for the middle. 8 pt range for the middle, worth the risk or should i have just stuck with origional bet that was looking good? Usually a straight up player but anybody who has experience in this area please respond what spread you normally look for in this situation. thanks

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
no just keep what you have on the table. dont give away free juice like that unless you really think the over is an even money or better wager.....

Stickie

EOG Senior Member
You need to judge the plays independantly. If the second half play is a play that you would regularily play then play it. If its just for middling then leave it. You already are in an advantage postion on your early play why risk the profit.

GamblingBrain

EOG Addicted
Yeah feel like it was a bad decision now as i dont think the over 2nd half was a strong play. Maybe I will get lucky and hit but I will learn from this and not waste a winning bet next. thanks for imput

Northern Star

EOG Enthusiast
Total middles are different than sides, you only get one chance to land on your middle numbers. If you thought you could lose your initial bet then middle. If you thought you were giving part of a winner away to double up then its a bad play. Consider playing a % off a game with a reasonable middle.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
If you are going to middle, then be a middler. Shots in the dark, here and there, is not the way to go.

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
Trying to get the middle on a total is not smart, long term. I tried that one time and f'd up a winning bet on the under. Instead of winning a unit, I lost .15 units.

Never again for me.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Looks like I picked a bad game to take off ill. That middled, the total middled. Unreal. But, someone in the thread said, treat both as independent wagers, which you are. Technically this really is not a middle, but a hedge back vs. an original position that has gained value. Had that original position not gained value, you would not be asking that question. So the better question would be, should I hedge back? Since I now have value under for the game. Well, you would have already cashed and been done if you bet the 1H under. But you bet the game and now have some value. Although the results were very favorable, best case scenario, this is not the norm. Realistically you are either going for the double hit, wasting value or protecting your original investment. Bear in mind there is a transaction cost, juice for every bet. Add to that the times you are dead wrong and the bet is in bad shape 1H. This is not a middle, but a hedge.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

BRAIN THIS IS NOT A MIDDLE. A MIDDLE IS WHEN YOU GOT BOTH SIDES BEFORE THE GAME STARTS. EVEN IF YOU WIN BOTH BETS ITS JUST TWO BETS.