John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Tuesday: 3-2 +0.30 units
Season Totals: 12-8 +1.77 units

#21. Philadelphia -115 over Ottawa 1 unit
Good up to -125
Predicted score: 4-2 Flyers

If teams take the Sens for granted, they will be surprised but I don't think Philly is in a position to do that after last night's whooping. Pickard is underrated, I would not be shocked if he stole Elliot's job by xmas.

Final score: Flyers 7 Senators 4.

Good beat the line and then beat the game.

Handy winner.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
I know that in sports anything can happen, but unless Sharks drown in the storm we're expected to get today - and I don't remember any sharks ever drowning - SJ should roll. It is their third game since Monday, while the Rangers haven't played since Sunday. Let's say 4-2 San Jose.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, JHU Dad.

ESPN's Barry Melrose last night called the Rangers the biggest disappointment of the early season.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
How can you be disappointed with the Rangers? They came out and said they are going through a rebuild. They are working their way through dumping overpriced vets, it looks like they will sit Shattenkirk in this one and let the kids play. They will take their lumps on a consistent basis but they have some talent in the wings, they are were Philly was 2-3 seasons ago. Did Melrose actually expected them be a playoff contender? He really needs to find a new positivity guru, times have moved past Tony Robbins.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
Rangers are right where they were expected to be. I question if the haul they got for Nash, Grabner, McDonough and Miller was anything much. Philly has quality young players. At this stage, the Rangers only have young players.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
#26 San Jose Sharks -140 over NY Rangers 1 unit
When the market gives you better value, you take it. now have 2 units total on the Sharks at avg price of -147.5

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
To be fair to the Rangers, Chytil and Buchnevich are two solid pieces to build their offense around for the future. Once they bring Andersson, Lingdren and Hajek up they will have that core to start adding other pieces to. Skjei is one of my faves, he can anchor their defense for 6-7 years and De Angelo will grow into a bigger role pretty fast.

I think the need to move Henrik as painful as that might sound and give their young goalies some rope against NHL level opposition to grow as the team grows. This year will be ugly, no doubt about it but in 2-3 years they will be back in the playoffs.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
#27 Toronto Maple Leafs Team Total OVER 3.5 +118 vs Detroit 1 unit
#28 Vancouver/Tampa Bay OVER 6 -110 1 unit

That should be it for today unless something comes up at game time.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Not really, should discount that blues/hawks game due to hawks goaltending if you're looking over. Flames vs Canucks was weird, first game Flames couldn't get anything going and then second game they were always chasing, vs Preds they played much more defensive, soaked up pressure but kept them on the outside without a lot of chances, just long range shooting and Smith was solid with those. Flames don't look capable of generating offense off the rush right now, mostly relying on their PP and I'm not in love with that second unit either. Basically a one line team, expect the blues to put Pareyko out against Monahan and grind it out.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Thanks for sharing, JHU Dad.

ESPN's Barry Melrose last night called the Rangers the biggest disappointment of the early season.
I listened to Dinks 31 team season preview late last night at BettorIQ. He wasn't that down on the Rangers and claimed he put some money on the over on their RSW total. Same rundown he used to give here on the EOG hour.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I did a double-take when I read 31 teams.

The NHL needs to add another squad for symmetry.

Is there a better league than the NFL for symmetry?

Thirty-two teams in eight four-team divisions.

Love it.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
When is Houston getting a team or is some team going to move there?
They will need one in the eastern conference first. The main reason Detroit and Columbus moved from the west to the east a few years ago is the whole conference is in the eastern time zone, while they had to cross three time zones to show their games at 10-10:30 start times. Those games don't make it in the newspaper, nor do they get on the news.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rough night for Goon.

Tough result at MSG.

Handicappers in the public square should take note of Drunken Goon's style and format.

#Brilliant

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated
DG, I don't follow hockey and rarely bet it. TBH, I have not really even looked at NHL lines in a year or 2..until a few days ago. It seems in that time, totals are up 1-1.5 across the board? Is the increased scoring due to some rule changes in the past few years? I've bet 4 overs and 1 team total over the past few days and every one has hit. I'm going to keep going until I lose a few.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
DG, I don't follow hockey and rarely bet it. TBH, I have not really even looked at NHL lines in a year or 2..until a few days ago. It seems in that time, totals are up 1-1.5 across the board? Is the increased scoring due to some rule changes in the past few years? I've bet 4 overs and 1 team total over the past few days and every one has hit. I'm going to keep going until I lose a few.
They will drop as the season moves along.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
thanks for the reply

I actually bet your toronto/detroit over 6.5 and Minn TT over 3.5 +120 last night, so thank you (y)

what a miracle win that Minn TT was!
Nice, congrats. I have a hard time betting TT unders Vs Chicago until I see them stop someone.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Thursday Totals: 2-5 -3.97 units
Season Totals: 15-13 -1.20 units

Ouch, that was ugly, Jets got into all kinds of penalty troubles and never had a chance. Salami was on a good pace early but things dried up in the 3rd across the board. Funny thing is if Sharks hold on to that late lead it would have been a plus day. Back to the drawing board for Saturday.

The scoring is up due to more equipment adjustments to the goalie chest protectors, there is less padding on the shoulders and they have trimmed things all around. Snipers actually have some new holes to shoot at, we saw Skjei's winner last night go buzzing by the goalie's ear last night, that would have been stopped by the shoulder pad in previous seasons. Also they are calling quite a few cheap penalties. Shots as a whole are up significantly, players appear to be more willing to shoot from anywhere early in the season.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Saturday...............I am waiting to see what the put on Caps/Leaves

Gonna be looking to play the Caps here. As expected they didn't give a "F" about last night in Joisy. Never thought the score would be what it was but knew it was a "sandwich" spot. I am 100% certain they come to play Saturday and try and "send a message" tro the Leaves on who is "boss" and that we are better than you - don't you ever forget it

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Saturday...............I am waiting to see what the put on Caps/Leaves

Gonna be looking to play the Caps here. As expected they didn't give a "F" about last night in Joisy. Never thought the score would be what it was but knew it was a "sandwich" spot. I am 100% certain they come to play Saturday and try and "send a message" to the Leaves on who is "boss" and that we are better than you - don't you ever forget it

I see Caps -120ish

LOVE them here. They tanked Thursday's game for this one Saturday. This is a game to "send a message" to the Leaves about who is the best team in the EC. Total is 7! Haven't seen one of those in some time. I can see this being played like the SCP and first instinct is UNDER

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
#29. Vegas/Philadelphia OVER 6 -115 1 unit
#30. LA Kings -141 over Ottawa 1 unit
#31. Buffalo +111 over Arizona 1 unit

Sens lose 3 players going into this one, Formenton, Ceci and Dzingle. This means Harpur is back in the lineup.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
#30. LA Kings -141 over Ottawa 1 unit

Sens lose 3 players going into this one, Formenton, Ceci and Dzingle. This means Harpur is back in the lineup.

I NEVER lay over -130 in the NHL/MLB. If I liked the Kings only way I'd bet them is to win in 60 and that price should be close to +100 or better

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Rangers played hard vs Sharks yesterday and they looked more talented than I thought. I'm not going to fade the Rangers much.