Government shutdown ends on or before 1/7/19

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Everyone reports the news but Fox, Giod to know.

I watch Canadian and british news, zero agendas when reporting about the US.

100% agree. Dad loves watching BBC news for that reason. In Britain they are called "Readers" because they read stuff - no agenda. Unlike Faux News where they spend all day slurping Der Fuhrer's 1" flaccid dick or like Hannity - smooching his rear all day. If Der Fuhrer killed Hannity's entire family he'd blame them and say (t)RUMPty Dumpty was 100% innocent

This latest closure can only hurt his re-election chances. I assume he wants to be a two term guy, just about every POTUS tries for a second term, most get it.

Halfway through his term that wall looks like a real Longshot.

I wouldn't be very confident in him being reelected.he is older than any other president, even Reagan, dishonest, a real fool with Twitter, could just plain old die of old age while in office.

Somebody could also (__x__) instead him. I can think of one poster here that would love to just that

4 presidents have been assinated but few people know of more than Lincoln and Kennedy

Lincoln got whacked circa 1865, then
2 more lesser known circa 1880 and 1900.

That was 3 gone in less than 40 years, pretty dangerous job,eh ?

I do think security has gotten a lot better since Kennedy, somebody did manage to put a bullet in Reagan though

I'll bet Obama slept in bulletproof pajamas and Trump has really good security. Whacking him would really take a highly trained military type assassin, not just your ordinary everyday lunatic with an asssault rifle. It would be a huge embarrassment to the government if anybody got to a president and took him out
The only ones that could do it would be those guarding him

Bigrunner

EOG Master
a lock for the over

Day 1, House already passes 6 bills to reopen government. They now go to the RepubliCON controlled Senate. Ball is in the RepubliCONs court. Your move RepubliCONs. Do the right thing and reopen the government!

2019 will probably be the worst year of Pinocchio's life.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
You can put the Trump's alongside the Gambino's, the Bonanno's, and any other crime family you want. The orange pig puppet conned half the country, I can only hope the same mistake isn't repeated the next election

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The lies just keep on coming....

People who have to work and not get paid is beyond belief....

Trump playing games with peoples lives.....disgusting

mr merlin

EOG Master
Can't wait for our MAGAts here to say this is OK
It is OK, We're far better off without a corrupt govt than with one, I hope it is months(or years). Trump should do what he threatened, have the military build the wall. But even if he does, he should keep the govt shut down until congress does their job.

I will say it's been a pretty good start to this new political year, the dems calling Trump a mother fucker(very classy), with Trump giving them the opposite of what they want, it's going to be a wonderful year.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It is OK, We're far better off without a corrupt govt than with one, I hope it is months(or years). Trump should do what he threatened, have the military build the wall. But even if he does, he should keep the govt shut down until congress does their job.

I will say it's been a pretty good start to this new political year, the dems calling Trump a mother fucker(very classy), with Trump giving them the opposite of what they want, it's going to be a wonderful year.
TSA employees have to work, and not getting paid. They are kind of important, no?

mr merlin

EOG Master
TSA employees have to work, and not getting paid. They are kind of important, no?
Are they important, not really, we lived without them for decades. And they're not being forced to do anything, nor are they working for free when they do come in, are they?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Are they important, not really, we lived without them for decades. And they're not being forced to do anything, nor are they working for free when they do come in, are they?
yes they are forced to go in and work for free. I went to school with a girl who is works TSA in Memphis. Not getting paid and having to pay for daycare, tough gig there.

mr merlin

EOG Master
yes they are forced to go in and work for free. I went to school with a girl who is works TSA in Memphis. Not getting paid and having to pay for daycare, tough gig there.
No they're not, when the shutdown ends, they'll get paid, and for the record they haven't missed a single paycheck yet, so all the big " ooh, the poor workers are suffering" crap is pure BS.

And they dont have to show up, they say I'm not coming in until the shutdown is over and no one is dragging them in.

That wall ain't getting built ever, certainly not during Trump's term which is half over anyway.

The next president will just abort it

Bigrunner

EOG Master

It's all relative. Impeached the mother fucker much classier than grab the pussy. One phrase is locker room talk, the other phrase is thrown around in the oval office by Kayne West. The oval office I said. Mother fucker is no big deal.

Maybe the Congress Woman should have said: Individual-1 is a mother fucker, he should be impeached!

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Apparently no tax refunds during shutdown.

So if this is not over by the end of month, shit really will hit the fan, when the W-2 refunds are not arriving.

There will be riots in inner cities and in redneck countries!

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

Congress did its job. It was Trump who wants to attach something unrelated to the spending bill.

He should work with Congress on an immigration bill, with the wall being part of that. That is how it should be done.

Btw why should the Dems cave? If they cave now, you know Trump will move the goal posts next time as well and ask for more.
Might as well stand your ground now

These government employees will likely wind up with extra compensation when this madness ends, just like when Jimmy Carter croaks , which has to be be pretty soon. Half a billion right there to pay all the USPS and other federal workers that get an extra paid day off for no great reason !

It certainly does suck if you are affected and not paid on time because of this, shit like your mortgage,rent,utility bills and such ain't very forgiving and fuck up your credit rating when not paid on time. These people aren't going to starve to death for lack of food or anything close to that, but you should be able to get your pay and take care of ordinary bills without ruining your credit when you have a sopposedly decent government job.

They will get extra money in the end, but still not cool. Most folks just don't have the liquid cash reserves to handle potentially a month or more of some BS like this !

Apparently no tax refunds during shutdown.

So if this is not over by the end of month, shit really will hit the fan, when the W-2 refunds are not arriving.

There will be riots in inner cities and in redneck countries!

Imagine if social security payments were to be suspended !

Holy Shit, would the feces ever hit the fan blades in that case !

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Trump better not cave. All balls out. Let Republicans cave and override his veto then build the wall anyway. If he caves, he's done.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Congress did its job. It was Trump who wants to attach something unrelated to the spending bill.

He should work with Congress on an immigration bill, with the wall being part of that. That is how it should be done.

Btw why should the Dems cave? If they cave now, you know Trump will move the goal posts next time as well and ask for more.
Might as well stand your ground now
I agree the dems will not cave, Trump shouldn't either, the best course of action is to keep the govt shut down till hell freezes over. regarding the tax refund checks, Trump should announce the immediate cessation of all collections of federal taxes, with no retroactivity, he can say since the IRS is shut down and has no way to pay, they wont collect either.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I was wrong, the Idiot didn't take the best deal he was gonna get before Jan 3. But he will accept a deal, and the funniest part will see how he calls it a win, and the cultists nodding in agreement, no matter what the actual deal ultimately is. The spinning on this after it's settled will be hysterically funny.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I was wrong, the Idiot didn't take the best deal he was gonna get before Jan 3. But he will accept a deal, and the funniest part will see how he calls it a win, and the cultists nodding in agreement, no matter what the actual deal ultimately is. The spinning on this after it's settled will be hysterically funny.

If we stop and think about it (which means NO MAGAts will since they can't) this is almost certainly the first time ever Der Fuhrer has ever had to: Compromise

When he ran his businesses into the ground if anyone tried stopping him from doing the wrong thing - he would fire them. Now there is nothing he can do which is why he is saying he might declare a "National Emergency" so he can get funding for the wall. If he does it Jan 20, 2021 at Noon someone else will be sworn in. We need this clown gone. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! ANY! A-N-Y!

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Lets say he gets his wall somehow, the next D Prez on his/her first day in office should sign an executive order to dismantle the wall IMMEDIATELY.

That would be sooo awesome

Bigrunner

EOG Master
If we stop and think about it (which means NO MAGAts will since they can't) this is almost certainly the first time ever Der Fuhrer has ever had to: Compromise

When he ran his businesses into the ground if anyone tried stopping him from doing the wrong thing - he would fire them. Now there is nothing he can do which is why he is saying he might declare a "National Emergency" so he can get funding for the wall. If he does it Jan 20, 2021 at Noon someone else will be sworn in. We need this clown gone. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! ANY! A-N-Y!

All he can do is what he's best at. Better than Pinocchio. Lie and throw a bunch of hissy fits. Those two traits will be the foundation of his horrible legacy!