Government shutdown ends on or before 1/7/19

Speaking of trifecta's, I went 0-3 Saturday, 3-9 since Thursday of last week......

Sorry I got you wrapped up in some of the pain, I wasn't close.

Thought a post in the political thread might serve as a slump buster, LOL.

Anyway appreciate the commentary in this thread, I don't always agree but Kane, Guesser, yourself, Heartman.... several on the left I respect a great deal.

Better luck today.

No need at all to apologize Pat-we've all been through enough W/L's so I don't at all let it bother me. With your recent string you are about to go on a hot streak because that's how it works so once you do please let us know what games you're on.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If the Russians targeted Michiganders with ads, I can't believe people fell for them. Next, I'll hear that people tell stories off the clickbait at the bottom of sites and believe it.

I'm not buying for a second that the Russians affected the election in Michigan. Indifference by the D's and their voters had far more to do with it.

Trump only won Michigan by less than 11,000 votes. People buy into BS propaganda stories on Facebook all the time

MrTop

EOG Master
adversary now, later you never know. Soviet union fought on the same side as USA defeating germany. USSR Months before fighting germany were good friends with a treaty.

Ya never know how it plays out.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Trump only won Michigan by less than 11,000 votes. People buy into BS propaganda stories on Facebook all the time
I live in Michigan. Would you believe that the only the right had propaganda stories and the left didn't? Hillary never even came to the state to campaign.

I live in Michigan. Would you believe that the only the right had propaganda stories and the left didn't? Hillary never even came to the state to campaign.

I have said numerous times that Clinton ran a terrible campaign with bad strategy and her ignoring Michigan and Wisconsin was moronic. Of course both sides engaged in false propaganda stories but it's been proven that the operation by Russian fake computer bots was massive. The hacked emails were a non stop story on mainstream news as well.

I didn't realize you lived in Michigan-thought you lived in Chicago. What's the overall feeling and mood of the people there towards Snyder and what went on with the Flint water fiasco?

And for the record I thought the way Obama handled the Flint water problem was deplorable

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I have said numerous times that Clinton ran a terrible campaign with bad strategy and her ignoring Michigan and Wisconsin was moronic. Of course both sides engaged in false propaganda stories but it's been proven that the operation by Russian fake computer bots was massive. The hacked emails were a non stop story on mainstream news as well.

I didn't realize you lived in Michigan-thought you lived in Chicago. What's the overall feeling and mood of the people there towards Snyder and what went on with the Flint water fiasco?

And for the record I thought the way Obama handled the Flint water problem was deplorable
I'm right across the lake from Chicago, we don't even get Michigan TV. I think people hate Snyder on the west side of the state for how bad the roads are more than the Flint water crisis.

kane

EOG master
It's high time we are friendly with Russia, dropping sanctions is an appropriate first step. After all, what have they ever done to us, they have no sanctions on us as far as I know.

This is something you just don't get, Russia doesn't want to be friends with us, Russia views us as an adversary, just yesterday there was a hearing and the head of our intelligence agencies said Russia will attempt to interfere with the election in 2020, and as of now we haven't taken any steps to prevent it from happening again, the lying puppet refuses to believe our intel that Russia meddled in our elections, so he hasn't taken any measures to stop it, the same shit that happened two years ago will happen in 2020, but since you think Russia is the good guy, and we're the bad guy, I know you won't give a shit when it happens again.

kane

EOG master
Good point Kane-and without aid from a foreign enemy trump doesn't get elected.

Which is why he refuses to believe every intelligence agency that says Russia was responsible, if he admits Russia interfered in our election, then in his mind his presidency would be looked at as illegitimate. The meeting in Helsinki told us all we need to know, the lying puppet stood there and said my intelligence agencies all say Russia is guilty, but Putin strongly denied it, so instead of believing the heads of the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc., he believes the head of a foreign hostile government. This whole thing is playing out perfectly for Putin, in his wildest dreams he never could have imagined just how perfect his plan has gone, and he'll interfere in 2020 to try and keep his puppet as president, it's almost mind boggling what has happened to our country, and the worst part is guys like Merlin not only don't give a damn, but actually endorse what Putin did.

kane

EOG master

MrTop

EOG Master
Lee Harvey Oswald = Mr. Merlin

when someone asked merlin where is he from merlin said "St Petersburg" . I always thought it was florida he was talking about.. I did not know it was St. Petersburg Russia.

only kidding merlin. I don't want you to come here and stuff the ballot boxes by me. My state is still blue,

:)

Holy cow, 650 huh? Facebook has what, like 2 billion users?

And for the record, please give one reason why Russia shouldn't try to disrupt , weaken, and divide us every chance they get. We've treated them like shit for 15 years, we deserve it.

Yeah-650 accounts that auto generate millions of user contact hits

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Good point Kane-and without aid from a foreign enemy trump doesn't get elected.

Exactly. Fair Warning also agrees.

Without James Comey lethal announcement 11 days before election Trump also doesn't get elected. Swung the undecided vote and independent vote bigly. Trump needed every bit of the illegal help he got.

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Anyone see that 60 Minutes piece where some dude (he wasn't Russian) claimed he won the election for Trump?

Been a while but he was hired to run his social media campaign I believe........

Pretty interesting stuff.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yeah-650 accounts that auto generate millions of user contact hits
Wow, millions of user contacts, how impressive!

Now lets reason this out, if the russians can turn an election with $4000 and by setting up a few hundred fake social media accounts, any candidate could do that lickity split with a new concept called "advertising", perhaps outspending those dastardly russians 100,000 fold?

And just imagine how many "user contacts" a candidate could generate by using(or even faking) their supporters. Hillary got 65 million votes, she could easily get maybe 5 or 10 million hard core supporters to do that, generate billions upon billions of user contacts...the other candidate wouldn't have a chance!

Bushay

NHL Expert
Holy cow, 650 huh? Facebook has what, like 2 billion users?

And for the record, please give one reason why Russia shouldn't try to disrupt , weaken, and divide us every chance they get. We've treated them like shit for 15 years, we deserve it.
This guys thoughts and opinions are often disturbing. Not only as an American but an individual in general. Who wants to bet he's single or never married renting a room in a seedier part of Minnesota.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Anyone see that 60 Minutes piece where some dude (he wasn't Russian) claimed he won the election for Trump?

Been a while but he was hired to run his social media campaign I believe........

Pretty interesting stuff.

I believe you're referring to Brad Parscale?

Evidence suggest he was working with Russia. Their were running similar and parallel platforms on Social Media. Targeting the same areas.

Yesterday we found out Trump had another private meeting with Putin. No note takers. Scroded in secretacy. Basically America has no record of what was discussed. It was in Nov '18 at the G-20 summit in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Putin was flanked by a translator, Trump was flanked by Melania. Why?

Bigrunner

EOG Master
People buy in to CNN Snowflake Talking heads all the time.

Good to know this fuken traitor is on record as saying Russia's interference in the 2016 election to get Trump elected is ok? I knew this about the Trumptard but now we have a record of the traitor's belief.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I believe you're referring to Brad Parscale?

Yes, thanks.

Evidence suggest he was working with Russia.

I asked elsewhere, no response. What kind of evidence?

Their were running similar and parallel platforms on Social Media. Targeting the same areas.

I don't understand? Are you saying the Russians hired him to do the same thing for Trump he was already doing?

From what I read he was hired by Trump back in 2011.

Russia got hold of him and said whatever you are doing for Trump, do it twice?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking you. My GF is a die hard Democrat, trying to understand the logical side of these arguments by the left.

Yesterday we found out Trump had another private meeting with Putin. No note takers. Scroded in secretacy. Basically America has no record of what was discussed. It was in Nov '18 at the G-20 summit in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Putin was flanked by a translator, Trump was flanked by Melania. Why?

I couldn't even guess. If it's against the law though I agree he shouldn't have been doing it.

mr merlin

EOG Master
This guys thoughts and opinions are often disturbing. Not only as an American but an individual in general. Who wants to bet he's single or never married renting a room in a seedier part of Minnesota.
Personal attacks for expressing political opinions, standard operating procedure for the loony left.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Yes, thanks.

I don't understand? Are you saying the Russians hired him to do the same thing for Trump he was already doing?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking you. My GF is a die hard Democrat, trying to understand the logical side of these arguments by the left

Pat here's a link. This stuff is confusing and overwhelming. The key evidence is all the secret meetings, over 100, and all the lies to cover up the meetings. Obviously it's hard to prove but Mueller is trying to get to the bottom of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...8/03/19/trump-russian-digital-parscale-470263

boston massacre

EOG Master
Pat, here's another link. Most in the know believe Russia needed help from Americans to know which states, areas and demographics to target with their disinformation campaign. The help came from Brad Parscale and firms hired by Brad and Jared such as Cambridge Analytica.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article160803619.html

I did a quick search. There is lots of reporting on this.

I always wondered why Trump hasn't hired Hillary. Doesn't he want her locked up?

This Guy is a SPY, and needs to be Captured.

kane

EOG master
Yes, thanks.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking you. My GF is a die hard Democrat, trying to understand the logical side of these arguments by the left.

I couldn't even guess. If it's against the law though I agree he shouldn't have been doing it.

No it's not against the law, it's just bizarre that Trump has had several meetings with Putin and there's no one there from the US to take notes, Putin had an interpreter, Trump had no one, to say this is unusual is an understatement, why would Trump hold meetings with Putin, and there's no way to know what was discussed.