Great game in Fort Worth

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Brewer keeps preserving Baylor's refuse to lose approach as the Bears and Horned Frogs convert 4th and longs into Tds as tgey battle in now a third OT

Valuist

EOG Master
And a great example of how stupid NCAA football overtime rules are. Both defenses played a great game for 60 minutes. Both completely exhausted. The NFL has it right; both teams should be guaranteed one possession, but first TD wins.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
And a great example of how stupid NCAA football overtime rules are. Both defenses played a great game for 60 minutes. Both completely exhausted. The NFL has it right; both teams should be guaranteed one possession, but first TD wins.

Correction, in the NFL both teams are NOT guaranteed a possession.

jimmythegreek

I have no problem at all adopting those same rules for collegiate play.

Valuist

EOG Master
I have no problem at all adopting those same rules for collegiate play.

Aren't special teams a decent portion of the game? You are eliminating kickoffs and punts. While many feel they are boring, they are still a part of a normal game.

And the NFL and NCAA claim both are concerned about player safety. You have two exhausted defenses clearly at more risk for injury the further the game goes on. We already know Thursday Night games in the NFL have more injuries.....does that stop them? Of course not.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Arena Football had the best OT rules

Each team is guaranteed a possession. If tied after that now sudden death takes place

What you saw was the team the won the coin toss deferred. Team A scores a 7-point TD if Team B scores a TD they go for 2 and the win. I think you would see that if CFB/NFL did that

kane

EOG master
College OT rules are a joke, it's not real football, it's a gimmick, I agree they should implement the rules the NFL uses

jimmythegreek

Aren't special teams a decent portion of the game? You are eliminating kickoffs and punts. While many feel they are boring, they are still a part of a normal game.

Sort of reminds me of the now defunct AAF, except at the opening gun, second half and after scores starting in your own territory.