Green Bay-Oakland preseason game shortened field

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
total 39.5 to 40.5

field is going to be shortened to an 80 yard field tonight due to an end zone "issue".

does this bet get cancelled because of the field shortening?

easy over.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just when you think you've seen it all.

I remember a football game a few years ago when both offenses played the game in one direction because of a shortened end zone.

The football game was played at Wrigley Field.

Last edited:
"Interesting situation in Winnipeg. End zone damage and field is now just 80 yrds. They took off 10 yards on each side. There will be no kickoffs either. I have to believe all bets are void?"

---

"Just talked to Sports Interaction and they said all bets have action."

https://twitter.com/sportswagers3

At one point early in the game a player caught a punt for a fair catch at his own one yard line. I don't recall ever seeing anything close to that before.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
How about having Baltimore ravens in a parlay and losing that winner thanks to weather. Wtf

NOT SO FAST!

You mighta actually caught a break. If the game continues odds are the Eagles score again and if they make the 2-pter they are within 3 getting at least 3.5 so while you might be griping now if the game continues odds are you lose the play so accept the "No Action" because if the game plays out you probably LOSE your Ravens play

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I can't imagine any book having a rule about field length, so I can't see any bets being voided. I think we'll have a new rule at some books tomorrow.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I can't imagine any book having a rule about field length, so I can't see any bets being voided. I think we'll have a new rule at some books tomorrow.

I read a quote by Jay Kornegay about this saying he didn't care of the field was 10 yards - as long as the game was played all bets would be valid

dogball

EOG Master
Lol Chris Berman. Winky I had Balt +2.5 but there was possibility they wouldn’t cover.
Very unlikely but yeah. Caught a break with the Yankees HR in ninth inning so evened our

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Packers & Raiders are playing in Winnipeg on an 80-yard field. This wouldn't be the first time an NFL game was played on a shortened field.

The 1932 NFL Championship was decided indoors at Chicago Stadium.

1566568651450.png

kane

EOG master
How about having Baltimore ravens in a parlay and losing that winner thanks to weather. Wtf

I had the Ravens on the ML to close out a parlay, my place credited me with a partial win. What they did was take the amount I bet and divided it by the line of the winning play in the parlay, I ended up winning a little less than half of what it would have payed

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Packers & Raiders are playing in Winnipeg on an 80-yard field. This wouldn't be the first time an NFL game was played on a shortened field.

The 1932 NFL Championship was decided indoors at Chicago Stadium.

View attachment 7459577
I’ve read a lot about this game. At least it was a true 80 yard field. Last night, the 10-yard line was the end zone. It was confusing as heck.

railbird

EOG Master
I played flag football, we had an 80 yd field, every 20 yard line was a 1st down. Cherry Park in Long Beach. I beat Matt Stevens ucla qb who played for Yankee Doodles bar in Long Beach

kane

EOG master
I played flag football, we had an 80 yd field, every 20 yard line was a 1st down. Cherry Park in Long Beach. I beat Matt Stevens ucla qb who played for Yankee Doodles bar in Long Beach

Other than yourself, there isn't one person here who gives a flying fuck