gym time

Re: gym time

Okay, headed to the gym now for the third workout of the week. Second day of the new program....

Stay motivated, people....I am a tub of crap and I'm still going; you might as well too.

Dave

J

joeybagadonuts

Skipped today after going 5 days in a row. Needed to rest my sore ass muscles. Going back at it tomorrow morning. This working out shit is addicting.

J

joeybagadonuts

Just got home from working out. Hurtin son, bad son.

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast

Just started working out myself this week. Took roughly 5 months off. It sucks getting back into it. Have to buy some protein as I am almost out of my old stash. and i have no money to buy it is what sucks more haha

mofome

Banned

Just started working out myself this week. Took roughly 5 months off. It sucks getting back into it. Have to buy some protein as I am almost out of my old stash. and i have no money to buy it is what sucks more haha

Wish you were around here. I have a good friend at gnc who would give you a great discount.

Optimum whey protein is the way to go. I need to get a new container after my dog took down my last one.

2348ji23e

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Scivation whey is great and fairly cheap...$65 for a 10 lb box 160 servings at 22 grams each (1.85 cents per g of protein). Not the best tasting stuff since it only has 1 carb. Love UN Isosensation but it's a little too spendy except when gnc run BOGO 50% on it.

Had almost 2 weeks off...knee is feeling better so time to get to it tomorrow.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Wish you were around here. I have a good friend at gnc who would give you a great discount.

Optimum whey protein is the way to go. I need to get a new container after my dog took down my last one.

2348ji23e
:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Sounds like 1 hell of a dog.

Many people cutting out the gym membership in this tough economy
Yeah I can imagine...many cutting out added expenses that they don't absolutely need.

J

joeybagadonuts

Did chest today and I can barely type now...
:hangt

I'm psyched up for a good workout tomorrow -- finally have a totally free day and will likely do some extra seta and cardio after. Will be a hurtin' unit after that one....

mofome

Banned

I'm psyched up for a good workout tomorrow -- finally have a totally free day and will likely do some extra seta and cardio after. Will be a hurtin' unit after that one....

I think im going to go big tomorrow too.

:houra:houra:houra

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast

Yea, Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice cream is what i have been taking for 5 or so years. 5 lb tub for 40 bucks cant beat it, problem arises when i cant get 40 bucks together haha. I'm gonna take some Kre-Alkalyn from SciFit when i finally get back into the full swing and get my natural strength back.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend ANY Controlled Labs products to this board!!!
I took some White Flood/Green Mag stacked together....best stack EVER!!!
(and no i dont have stock in this company lol)

mofome

Banned

Yea, Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice cream is what i have been taking for 5 or so years. 5 lb tub for 40 bucks cant beat it, problem arises when i cant get 40 bucks together haha. I'm gonna take some Kre-Alkalyn from SciFit when i finally get back into the full swing and get my natural strength back.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend ANY Controlled Labs products to this board!!!
I took some White Flood/Green Mag stacked together....best stack EVER!!!
(and no i dont have stock in this company lol)

What state do you live in? I will send you some protein powder.

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast

What state do you live in? I will send you some protein powder.

Mo i greatly appreciate the offer, but I can't accept--that is your protein, you workd for it. I will come up with something on my own and scrape together a few bucks shortly.

I really do appreciate you making that offer though, shows alot about your character....

Off to the gym for me....arm day! Will post my workout when i get back. Seeyou fellas later.

Song of the day to download: "Bow" by Yung L.A.

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast

For me, the pre-workout song right now (I'm assuming this is what you meant) is "Indestructible" by Disturbed.

That Yung LA song i just came across, its a real cool hip hop song, definitely not pre-workout material haha, but a good song.

I need a rock playlist on my Ipod to workout with

mofome

Banned

Mo i greatly appreciate the offer, but I can't accept--that is your protein, you workd for it. I will come up with something on my own and scrape together a few bucks shortly.

I really do appreciate you making that offer though, shows alot about your character....

Off to the gym for me....arm day! Will post my workout when i get back. Seeyou fellas later.

Song of the day to download: "Bow" by Yung L.A.

Joe, don't be silly. Send me your addy in a PM and I will send you a thing of protein. Just tell me the kind you want. I am a chocolate man, that stuff is delicious.

We're a community here, Joe. We come here to help one another find winners, but I'll always offer anything that I am able to. It just isn't that big of a deal. A thing of protein is what, 50-60 bucks? That lasts a good bit of time and is something I know you would appreciate. Plenty worth it to me.

Keep working hard and enjoy. It is not a problem.

mofome

Banned

hell yeah man. Optimum Whey double chocolate! Tastes just like instant breakfast. I mix it with a spoon.

I dont like to mess with the blender and the clean up.

:nono

hell yeah man. Optimum Whey double chocolate! Tastes just like instant breakfast. I mix it with a spoon.

I dont like to mess with the blender and the clean up.

:nono

Exactly, Mo....that's why I'm not taking protein right now -- blender and cleanup!!

Towelie

EOG Enthusiast

I don't think there is a person alive that likes squats. I am in the first few years of owning a painting company so I still have to work and I love those days I can barely get out of bed in the morning nevermind running up and down 40 foot ladders all day. Very important though. It's amazing how much stronger you get on all of your lifts after you insert one day of legs a week.

I may be that one person. I love squatting, and look forward to it. There is no one better single exercise someone can do in the gym. I only got 2 pages through this thread, but some quick things off the top of my head.

You should never work out the same muscle group if you are sore since the muscles haven't had proper time to heal. Doing so could cause injury as well as wont give you much benefit.

Soreness is GOOD! It should give you a sense of accomplishment. It lets you know what you are doing is actually working.

Everyone will be sore from a leg workout at the beginning, as you do the workouts the soreness gets less and less with each workout over time. If you are not in a regular routine, the soreness will not go away. If you have been doing leg workouts for a month and are still very sore you are not doing enough weight. Push yourself, your legs are such a big muscle group, you would be surprised how fast you can make gains.

Squat once a week and try and get in another leg workout pushing weight another day of the week. Leg Presses, Glute Ham Raises, Deadlifts, Leg Curls and Lunges are good exercises to do the other day of the week.

You can use the smith machine at first to learn proper form and get yourself comfortable, but after doing so get your ass out of it. Squatting on the Smith Rack doesn't do as much as doing it free bar, and actually works your quads more than your hammys.

Finally I wouldn't be deadlifting on the Smith Machine, I know some recommended it, but the smith machine limits where your motion is, and you turn it more into a back exercise than a leg exercise. If you can't do deadlifts, try starting with romanian deadlifts which are a little easier.