Happy 70th Birthday to the greatest of all time...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Muhammed Ali turns 70 today....one of my all time favorite athletes....what a boxing legend and gave a spark to boxing in the late 50's and on...he wins the Olympic Gold Medal and then beats Sonny Liston to go on to a great career...the fights between him and the late Joe Frazier were epic....In my mind, the greatest of all time....

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Re: Happy 70th Birthday to the greatest of all time...

:cheers

Viejo, next time we meet, remind me to tell you a story I have about ALI.................it involves meeting up with him one day at the Golden Nugget in the 80's.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Will hopefully be around for March Madness....I also have stories....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

March figures to be a great month for EOG.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

A lot of Vegas posters and some posters from out of town will meet in Vegas in March...maybe JK and EOG Mike will spring for lobster....probably the only way Railbird attends...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Phew, i got worried there, i saw your post, pulled out my drivers license to check if i was 70, lucky i'm not...than i got confused.

Ali is one of a kind. Imagine someone in today's society self proclaiming themselves as the 'greatest' and getting showered with the kind of love that Ali is getting. Someone who did that today would be crushed by the media and the general public would have none of it.

Lots of things people used to get away with that they can't get away with today.

I'm not sure society is better for it, however.

Happy Birthday Champ!