Harbaugh and U of M football

kane

EOG master
It doesn’t matter who plays QB. It’s the 1970”s offense he employs. Wouldn’t shock me a bit if he goes back to the NFL. I said long ago he’ll go to Miami and I’ll stick with it.

FW, FWIW Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has said publicly he won't pursue Harbaugh, he hasn't given any indication on Gases future, but the vibe around here is he'll be back next year

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
FW, FWIW Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has said publicly he won't pursue Harbaugh, he hasn't given any indication on Gases future, but the vibe around here is he'll be back next year
I like Gase but that Miami front office has been a mess since Shula left.

kane

EOG master

You're correct, the Dolphins have mostly been a shit show the past 20 years. QB's, coaches, and GM's constantly coming and going, combined with horrible drafts and FA busts, have left a once proud franchise a mess, and I don't see any hope for the future. Until they can find a franchise QB things won't get any better, Dan Marino isn't walking through that door.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
He might be a good coach but there is no way he is going to show what he can do in this situation. No qb or playmakers on either side.

This is a 3-4 year rebuild which gase wont see as he has a team that will win 3-4 games max the next 2 years.

He will resurface as an OC and have success.

This is being thrown into a pool with your hands and feet tied and judged on how well you swim laps.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
He might be a good coach but there is no way he is going to show what he can do in this situation. No qb or playmakers on either side.

This is a 3-4 year rebuild which gase wont see as he has a team that will win 3-4 games max the next 2 years.

He will resurface as an OC and have success.

This is being thrown into a pool with your hands and feet tied and judged on how well you swim laps.
Most likely scenario is he goes to the booth for a year, then has his pick of jobs. Who knows maybe he could have Stanford next season. Did he leave there on good terms? David Shaw will have no problem landing on his feet.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
As an OSU person Jimmy can stay at UM as long as he wants. I’m not one for I told you so but I called this disaster day one. It was simple. Michigan can’t get Ohio kids. Jim Tressel’s lasting legacy at OSU is he locked down northeastern Ohio. Since then it’s been lights out bitch for Michigan

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
As an OSU person Jimmy can stay at UM as long as he wants. I’m not one for I told you so but I called this disaster day one. It was simple. Michigan can’t get Ohio kids. Jim Tressel’s lasting legacy at OSU is he locked down northeastern Ohio. Since then it’s been lights out bitch for Michigan

He doesn't need NE Ohio kids to win, he needs to coach up what he has.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
He doesn't need NE Ohio kids to win, he needs to coach up what he has.

Politely disagree. Michigan program was built on Ohio kids. Especially Cleveland area. OSU hired Tressel over many big names. Why? Recruiting ties in NE Ohio were rock solid. And Michigan has sucked ass since. It’s forced them to go national. And the results since? Did I mention suck ass.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Politely disagree. Michigan program was built on Ohio kids. Especially Cleveland area. OSU hired Tressel over many big names. Why? Recruiting ties in NE Ohio were rock solid. And Michigan has sucked ass since. It’s forced them to go national. And the results since? Did I mention suck ass.
Might be one of the dumbest opinions I've heard in a while. Bravo though! Bravo! lol.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Might be one of the dumbest opinions I've heard in a while. Bravo though! Bravo! lol.

Compared to the opinion that started this thread? Give you credit for showing up again but damn you’re dense.

Btw where were Michigan’s last two Heisman winners from?

Last edited:

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
Almost Alright is actually 100% correct,,,,,tons of "ichigan's " key players were all from Ohio, thks to john cooper.........Grbac ,desmond howard, woodson manningham, crable, to name a few.....hundreds more.......hell BO Schembechler for god's sake, was from Ohio.....i think i found ichigan's problem this year.........only 15 player from the buckeye state, on this year's roster......wolves GOTTA recruit Ohio better, or they are in trouble.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

They have wanted to be a national program and recruit from anywhere. You are correct, they are losing Ohio to OSU and Mich to MSU now.

Heim

EOG Master
I was impressed with Harbaugh tonight. He made all the right adjustments 2H. He had Franklin reeling unfortunately his safeties let him down.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
If having James Franklin reeling in game is your barometer, then by god yes the legend of Harbaugh has arrived. Cmon Heim? Seriously? You sound like Birdie with that take.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
To be honest it’s getting old. Never thought I’d say that but damn it’s not even a fair fight. And on top of that, Michigan fans have accepted this guy as the best they can do. Most teams have a guy go 0-5 vs their rival, it would be head on a platter time. But not the dazed and blue. It’s hey he’s not Brady Hoke. How dumb.