Harden To Nets

Heim

EOG Master
Harden, KD, and Kyrie, and only one ball, this has disaster written all over it

I doubt Kyrie will be with the team too much longer. What I don't get, he put so much effort to get Durant, now
he's being insubordinate.

kane

EOG master
I doubt Kyrie will be with the team too much longer. What I don't get he put so much effort to get Durant, now
he's being insubordinate.

All along he wanted to play in Brooklyn, and he wanted to play with KD, so he gets what he wanted, but pouts and leaves the team due to him not liking the coach they hired, this guy has some issues. I guess they could move him, but right now his trade value has to be as low as it's ever been, interested to see what happens from here

kane

EOG master
Pacers made out best here. Lavert will be key for them....

I guess they figured Oladipo wasn't resigning with them, so assuming that's the case I agree, Indy did well. I have no idea what the Nets are doing, they're mortgaging the future to win now, I guess if they win a title with the current group then then it was a success, if not, they destroyed their future. The last time they gave up a bunch of picks it didn't work out too well for them

choslamshe

EOG Master
They become the Lakers when Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton were formed = easiest team to cheer against.

I can't stand Harden and will always root for him to choke, something he's accustomed to.

I also love LeVert - he showed last year the ability for him to carry a team and think he'll offer a dimension that not only Oladipo lacked, but that the Pacers so desperately need.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
I'm liking the Cav's pick ups Jarret Allen and Taurean Prince but not the 2022 first round pick via Bucks...(probably be low) also glad the bum Dante Exum is gone.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Who is playing defense on that Brooklyn team?

Not a big NBA guy, couldn't name anyone other than the 3 mentioned here......

I don't watch it these days.

From what I recall though both KD and Harden played above average defense? No?

When I did watch always thought Harden was underrated for his defense. KD was a stud defensively, in the AD arena.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Harden is a defensive liability, Patrick.

For Harden's sake, he usually outscores the opponent he's "guarding."

KD has improved his defense through the years, but that's not saying much.

He was awful defensively when he entered the league in 2007.

He's too light in the cakes to hold his defensive spot in the lane.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just looked up Kyrie Irving's defensive ratings.

One website classified Irving's defense as somewhere between bad and catastrophic.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fitting that Steve Nash is the coach of this three-headed offensive monster in Brooklyn.

Nash never played a minute of defense during his 18-year NBA career.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The pointspread on the Nets-Knicks game crashed from an opening price of Nets -6 to a closing price of Nets -2.5 when Brooklyn's Caris LeVert was involved in the blockbuster four-team trade.

The house locked up the money when the Nets posted a 116-109 win.

If they figure it out and stay healthy I don't think you beat them. They also got Jordan in the middle to protect the rim and clean up the glass so one on one defending less important than you might think. My guess is their system is going to be to give the other team shots and just say we think we can be more efficient at making shots than you. May not have worked in the old NBA but this league getting to be very offensive efficiency focused and hard to top what this COULD be. Key will be guys have to be less selfish and give it up to the best matchup, not forcing shots like Harden is used to and Kyrie has done at times.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The pointspread on the Nets-Knicks game crashed from an opening price of Nets -6 to a closing price of Nets -2.5 when Brooklyn's Caris LeVert was involved in the blockbuster four-team trade.

I should have noted the Nets were not only missing Caris LeVert but also Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Quite honestly Harden would have avoided a lot of issues had he ended up in Philly despite their ridiculed fans likely not wanting him. Harden is so out of basketball shape he's starting to look like Chocolate Claus, which is saying world's worse than the late Chocolate thunder. His demeanor, work ethic, defense and a measly 14-15 shots per game, coupled with his description of the Rockets, "we're just not good enough" comments and attitude made it all but irrelevant. At least in Philly he might be the piece they need playing for a Championship coach without going through the "no it's my team" approach amidst the lack of Brooklyn discipline with all the makings of a selfish ego triangle.

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Quite honestly Harden would have avoided a lot of issues had he ended up in Philly despite their ridiculed fans likely not wanting him. Harden is so out of basketball shape he's starting to look like Chocolate Claus, which is saying world's worse than the late Chocolate thunder. His demeanor, work ethic, defense and a measly 14-15 shots per game, coupled with his description of the Rockets, "we're just not good enough" comments and attitude made it all but irrelevant. At least in Philly he might be the piece they need playing for a Championship coach without going through the "no it's my team" approach amidst the lack of Brooklyn discipline with all the makings of a selfish ego triangle.

Harden wasn’t worth the lost draft picks, Ben Simmons, and his lack of defense....

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Not a big NBA guy, couldn't name anyone other than the 3 mentioned here......

I don't watch it these days.

From what I recall though both KD and Harden played above average defense? No?

When I did watch always thought Harden was underrated for his defense. KD was a stud defensively, in the AD arena.

I despise Harden for his, "We're Good," comment when asked if LBJ was welcome in Hou during his free agency. It was then I exposed James Harden as a fraud but he hasn't been as bad defensively as his well deserved reputation (and I've contributed to his poor defensive reputation in the past).

KD, from what I remember grew into an above avg defender but haven't seen him in years (including this year).

Heim

EOG Master

Nash showed he's still a little green as a coach. He took Durant out with 5 minutes left up 15. Not a huge lead
in the NBA. It got down to 5 with 17 seconds left and Nets had the ball. You could see Durant lobbying to
get in. Nash relented. Here is a guy off achillies surgery sitting for 20 minutes. No way you put one of the'
best back in the game at that point. Game was over. Like most coaches in the league he bowed down to
a elite. Shows you who runs the league.

On a side note, I wish that last second tip-in attempt by Robinson went in ))

Last time I checked defense still matters, slim chance this team wins a title

We all used to say that about the Warriors until they became unstoppable. All it takes is about league average defending which is where they got to and then they just blitzed you on offense. I think with Green and Jordan they can get close to that situation. Easy to say they don't defend, but its regular season. Elite players bring the D in the postseason, let's see what happens. I do agree Nash is in a tough spot and not the guy you want to ask to put together defense, but just one defensive assistant can put together a basic system and then its all about do these guys want it enough to put an effort in that part of the game to be league average. And if they don't do it this year, they'll find cheap parts to improve on what they don't have. Hard part is getting the stars together, easy part is finding veterans with only a few skills to join on minimum contracts.

railbird

EOG Master
the nba is so boring, these marxist players hold the owners hostage. The nba fan base has less than 1pct White Republicans. They are activists and nobody likes them

the nba is so boring, these marxist players hold the owners hostage. The nba fan base has less than 1pct White Republicans. They are activists and nobody likes them

When the teams are allowed to have fans the suites and club seats are full. If they do that without any Republican support then good for them.

kane

EOG master
We all used to say that about the Warriors until they became unstoppable. All it takes is about league average defending which is where they got to and then they just blitzed you on offense. I think with Green and Jordan they can get close to that situation. Easy to say they don't defend, but its regular season. Elite players bring the D in the postseason, let's see what happens. I do agree Nash is in a tough spot and not the guy you want to ask to put together defense, but just one defensive assistant can put together a basic system and then its all about do these guys want it enough to put an effort in that part of the game to be league average. And if they don't do it this year, they'll find cheap parts to improve on what they don't have. Hard part is getting the stars together, easy part is finding veterans with only a few skills to join on minimum contracts.

The Warriors were very good defensively, and they had already played together for a few years before adding KD. Kyrie and KD have never played together, and so far they still haven't had a chance to mesh, now you throw in another ball dominant guard, sorry but this won't work. Sure you have Jordan protecting the paint, but who's guarding the perimeter? Teams will put Harden and Kyire in pick and rolls all game, force them to defend, you can't win a title by outscoring the other team, at some point you're going to need some stops, and I don't see how that team is getting any when they need them