Has MLB "Fired" THe Yankees from being able to acquire top players?

Re: Has MLB "Fired" THe Yankees from being able to acquire top players?

Baseball...yeah.

Until you guys get the Amalgamated Evil Empires (Large Market teams) under control to where the small market teams can complete, you should expect to continue to suck the NFL's Cock in competition as the top sport in America's mind. You once had it up to about the 60s and perhaps 70s, but then your idiotic owners give it away. You m*therf*ckers even have a monopoly approved by Congress, how f*cked up is that?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Baseball...yeah.

Until you guys get the Amalgamated Evil Empires (Large Market teams) under control to where the small market teams can complete, you should expect to continue to suck the NFL's Cock in competition as the top sport in America's mind. You once had it up to about the 60s and perhaps 70s, but then your idiotic owners give it away. You m*therf*ckers even have a monopoly approved by Congress, how f*cked up is that?

The NFL is getting worse, not better. You watch a team one week and they're champions, you watch them the next week and they're total dogshit. In 7 short days, a team can go from world beaters to wife beaters. Is that the 'league' you want?

The NFL is getting worse, not better. You watch a team one week and they're champions, you watch them the next week and they're total dogshit. In 7 short days, a team can go from world beaters to wife beaters. Is that the 'league' you want?

I didn't say the NFL is good, but they've built a better competition model than baseball.

I hate the constant rules changes in the NFL, we don't even know what the rules mean anymore.

Back to the point: Baseball once represent all that was good in America; America's game and all that. Monopolies usually consume themselves, and baseball has done that as well.

It's a sad state of affairs, you guys got it (money), and us small market guys get butt-f*cked by you large market guys every year.

F*cking Padres.

J

joeybagadonuts

Yes, of course it is. That is a competitve league and should be the goal of every professional sport. Any team should be able to beat the other under the right circumstances. Parity at its finest. It makes the sport much more exciting.

Integrity

EOG Master

in fairness to baseball, they have had sooooo many diff world series champs over the last 15 years or so

more than any other sport :pop:

J

joeybagadonuts

in fairness to baseball, they have had sooooo many diff world series champs over the last 15 years or so

Other than the "fired" Yanks winning 5.

no, no , no...count up what portion of the large market teams made the playoffs, vs the portion of the small-market teams.

biggies have an overwhelming advantage.

Integrity

EOG Master

alright, maybe it's the last 12 then...but since the yanks won their 4 in 5 years, there's been all these diff champions. boston and stl each twice

they were talking about it when the new cba was done. how baseball gets a bad rep for competitive balance but had the most diff champs and stuff

Integrity

EOG Master

no, no , no...count up what portion of the large market teams made the playoffs, vs the portion of the small-market teams.

biggies have an overwhelming advantage.

teams like fla winning and tb getting there prove that it CAN be done on a small budget :btj:

shit, even beane's moneyball A's won 20 games in a row

alright, maybe it's the last 12 then...but since the yanks won their 4 in 5 years, there's been all these diff champions. boston and stl each twice

they were talking about it when the new cba was done. how baseball gets a bad rep for competitive balance but had the most diff champs and stuff

For all the championships the Yanks have, they should be docked at least 1 player, i.e. only field 8 players in a game...

...no, I take that back, it should be 7.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Yes, of course it is. That is a competitve league and should be the goal of every professional sport. Any team should be able to beat the other under the right circumstances. Parity at its finest. It makes the sport much more exciting.

The sport has parity, but the product is horrendous. So, in order to get parity, you have to create 30 teams who are 'hanging by a thread' between good and bad. You look at teams like the Bills and Bucs and those teams started the first 1/3rd of the season as 'winning' teams, now they're completely uncompetitive. Those 'wins' early in the year were a mirage.

J

joeybagadonuts

The sport has parity, but the product is horrendous. So, in order to get parity, you have to create 30 teams who are 'hanging by a thread' between good and bad. You look at teams like the Bills and Bucs and those teams started the first 1/3rd of the season as 'winning' teams, now they're completely uncompetitive. Those 'wins' early in the year were a mirage.

So a better product to you is to have a few dominate teams that crush every other team each week out unless they happen to play one another? That is a 'better product' to you?

I love the 'any given sunday' chance that each team has in the NFL. That to me is what makes it so exciting to watch.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

So a better product to you is to have a few dominate teams that crush every other team each week out unless they happen to play one another? That is a 'better product' to you?

I love the 'any given sunday' chance that each team has in the NFL. That to me is what makes it so exciting to watch.

I don't mind 'parity' i just don't like the 'inconsistency' of what i'm watching. I don't want to see a team one week look like worldbeaters and then the next week, they're dogshit. When i see a dogshit performance from a team who looked like a worldbeater the previous week, it makes me think that i wasted 3 hours watching that team LAST week because it was just a mirage. What i saw 'didnt really happen'.

Its the overly poor performances that bug me. I can see a team winning one week and looking good and then losing a close one the following week, but there's too many 'win by 20' and then 'lose by 20' type of games one week apart.

I just wish the quality of the product was better, idon't mind the parity as much as i mind the crappy play.

I don't mind 'parity' i just don't like the 'inconsistency' of what i'm watching. I don't want to see a team one week look like worldbeaters and then the next week, they're dogshit. When i see a dogshit performance from a team who looked like a worldbeater the previous week, it makes me think that i wasted 3 hours watching that team LAST week because it was just a mirage. What i saw 'didnt really happen'.

Its the overly poor performances that bug me. I can see a team winning one week and looking good and then losing a close one the following week, but there's too many 'win by 20' and then 'lose by 20' type of games one week apart.

I just wish the quality of the product was better, idon't mind the parity as much as i mind the crappy play.

Well, this is actually why the NFL play is better than baseball: each team has time (7 days) to watch film of your upcoming opponent and game plan your best strategy. Given that so few scores actually happen, even relative to bases, any slight advantage gets magnified, and then the finding team pounds that advantage play-after-play.

So, there is actually better, more pointed game planning, which results in more "how the f*ck did that happen?" results when the breakdowns happen and things can't get completely fix in the short half-time intermission.

Bases? You ain't got time for that: so little time, so many "ball" groupies.

rjt721

EOG Master

Yanks desperately need a closer too. :doh1

Integrity

EOG Master

A-Rod got controversial surgery in Germany, why didn't the Yanks fire them for that??

maybe they can suspend a-rod for getting something so controversial? :+clueless

Integrity

EOG Master

isn't it something that hasn't been done before and not done here?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

poor yanks trying to trim down to a 189 million dollar payroll....fired.

diogee

To embed a video all you have to do is click on the film strip (on the row of buttons above the quick reply box...2nd one in from the right and next to the quote button) and put the link to the video in the box that pops up. :cheers

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Thank you DIO!

I tried a year ago to embed and just couldnt figure it out. You've created a monster now.

diogee

:lolxmas

No problem. I like seeing the vid and just being able to press play instead of following a link with my shitty cell phone internet. :scooter

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Can you post still pictures the same way or this just works with video?

diogee

Pictures are the squarish box next to the video icon...or with some browser you can take the easy way out and just drag the picture with the mouse from one window to the other and drop it in the quick reply box. Other way is putting the url between the [IMG ][/IMG] tags

Integrity

EOG Master

Pineda. Kuroda today....yea, not fired anymore

CC/Kuroda/Pineda/Nova/Hughes or Burnett

yanks got some sp now!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Pineda. Kuroda today....yea, not fired anymore

CC/Kuroda/Pineda/Nova/Hughes or Burnett

yanks got some sp now!

Still fired. We gave up a lot, probably didnt get the better of this trade. We will become UNFIRED when we actually get a huge name player via FA (means, for free).

Giving up Montero and Noesi isnt my idea of being unfired.

diogee

Will be interesting to see where the payroll of the team that was "fired" from having good players ranks for the upcoming season. Probably towards the bottom of the league in payroll since the mlb won't let them have anybody good.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Will be interesting to see where the payroll of the team that was "fired" from having good players ranks for the upcoming season. Probably towards the bottom of the league in payroll since the mlb won't let them have anybody good.

Next time they acquire a WINNER, i'll let you know. Acquiring nobodies from losing teams isnt my idea of being 'rehired' by the MLB.

Still fired. We gave up a lot, probably didnt get the better of this trade. We will become UNFIRED when we actually get a huge name player via FA (means, for free).

montero cant catch in the majors. You can find a dh anywhere. Yankees stole pineda, dude is a stud.

If the yanks can find a way to unload a-rod and his contract i would say they are unfired. Thats the biggest move they can make.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

You have a roster full of big name players, that's why your payroll is $220 million. What don't you get about that?

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

If the yanks can find a way to unload a-rod and his contract i would say they are unfired. Thats the biggest move they can make.

Never happen- no team would take, or could afford that contract. Unless the Yanks got so desperate that they offered to pay half his contract to unload him, maybe you would get some takers. The guy is old, injury prone and past his prime.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You have a roster full of big name players, that's why your payroll is $220 million. What don't you get about that?

I'm not disputing what you say, but i think youre missing the point im trying to make. My bone of contention is that the Yanks, in the last year or so, have no acquired ONE SINGLE PLAYER of any value. Meanwhile, the Sox, Phillies and Rangers are stocking up and bleeding money all over whoever is available while the Yanks are 'sitting pat'.

The Yanks have more money than most teams or all teams and havent been shy about spending it. My point of the post was to ask the question "why Yanks so quiet".