Have you bet anyone on the forums and been paid?

I have only bet 1 guy on a forum that I trust a lot. His name is trixtrix. I won 1k and he paid in about 2 days. We hear a ton about the stiffs on these forums, how about those people who actually aren't stiffs. 12io4j2w90

Re: Have you bet anyone on the forums and been paid?

Sent out $500 to Osucowboys but not official until he confirms that he got it. Bigdaddy sent me $200. Lost $1000 and sent out to Slash or Sheva. Forgot who because it was a 3 way bet. There were a couple more but can't think of them of hand.

No doubt. It's pretty sad that it's easier to make a list of stiffs than it is of people who actually pay.

Actually I lost on the James Toney-Vassily Jirov fight on a website a few years ago. It was around 200-300 bucks with several different people and paid that off.

WVU

EOG Master

I have been paid about a dozen times on forum bets without a hitch. Journeyman was one of them, Lapdance will be the last

Journeyman

EOG Master

Not only did I pay all bets pre fall 2007, I gave away over 1K out of my own pocket over the years in my own contests and gifts that no one asked me to do.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The Shrink paid me on a goof bet a martini (when he was still a drunk) against a dinner for two at the best restaurant in the world. I was a huge underdog and still won. He paid immediately. Every other bet I won I just let the poster slide. Never lost a bet I had to pay. But I discourage anyone from betting other posters. Just not prudent.

OF...:cheers

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Money I got from people on forums.

$100 ROACH23
$100 FORGOT HIS NAME
$100 JIMFIESTSUX (stiffed me for the other $400)
$250 PO69 ($150 outstanding balance)

Money I have paid.

$1000 Journeyman
$1000 Jason4000
$500 DOCTORS PICKS
$500 JoeyFitz
$250 MRCLEO
$500 WANNABEE WHALE
$100 WVU
$100 AFL GURU

Im forgeting 3 or 4 of them.

I need to get out of the forum bet business.
My homerism is getting the best of me.
You never know for sure how many of the people I lost to was freerolling me if any. Thats what sucks about forum bets.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

These two have no business posting in this thread.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1271386 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 06-19-08, 11:59 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #7 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->WVU<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1271386", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Enthusiast

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1271386 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Have you bet anyone on the forums and been paid?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->I have been paid about a dozen times on forum bets without a hitch. Journeyman was one of them, Lapdance will be the last<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>WVU</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>View Public Profile</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send a private message to WVU</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Find More Posts by WVU</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Add WVU to Your Buddy List</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tborder id=post1271394 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 06-20-08, 12:03 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #8 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->Journeyman<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1271394", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1271394 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Have you bet anyone on the forums and been paid?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Not only did I pay all bets pre fall 2007, I gave away over 1K out of my own pocket over the years in my own contests and gifts that no one asked me to do.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

$100 ROACH23
$100 FORGOT HIS NAME

Money I have paid.

$1000 Journeyman
$1000 Jason4000
$500 DOCTORS PICKS
$500 JoeyFitz
$250 MRCLEO
$500 WANNABEE WHALE
$100 WVU
$100 AFL GURU

You never know for sure how many of the people I lost to was freerolling me if any. Thats what sucks about forum bets.

Good grief. Get a day job.

Journeyman

EOG Master

These two have no business posting in this thread.

I have lent posters money, given back money to an old co mod who made a bet once on my recomendation and it lost and I gave the guy 200 bucks for it, it was stupid on my part....I was very generous on these forums at one time.

It will be settled.

No further comment at this time, because I don't want this to turn into that kind of thread.

And I believe Jman will do the right thing as he says...

If MC can be forgiven, then why not JMan? 91023i2ndw;l

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Some people may call me crazy but I think I could make a $500 bet with JMAN and think I will get paid.

I think he got in way over his head on the big bets. You have to know your limits on what you can afford to lose.

Everyone who makes a forum bet makes them because they think they are going to win the bet or they would not have made the bet to begin with.

You have to ask yourself the question "Can I pay the bet if I lose?".

I think some people fail to ask themselves that question.

I think WVU would pay a reasonable sum of money. 14K? Not so much.

Journeyman

EOG Master

It wasn't like that Chop....'way over my head' is not what happened...I understand why you may think this, but that isn't it.

A lot has been said and I can't defend the position, and have kept mum on a few things since.

I sent the guy 4 dimes first, two weeks earlier, he then sent me like 4100 the next week, it had nothing to do with being in over my head, we had already exchanged large amounts. It was a combination of other events, I'm not blaming anyone else, just responding to your post about me being over my head.

I was in over my head in a way , I had committed 5 years to a job that was basically taken away, that was my own fault though...I was promised a lot of things that never came true , all of this was happening at the same time I said fuck it. Unfortunately one of my closest 'friends' was the guy I was left owing...I said it then and I say it again today it will be taken care of.

no one to blame but myself.

Journeyman

EOG Master

BTW Chop I never owed Bad Company...I saw where u think it's him...he's just the voice in the whole thing...and just steamed I beat him like a drum last summer before all this happened.

WVU

EOG Master

Some people may call me crazy but I think I could make a $500 bet with JMAN and think I will get paid.

I think he got in way over his head on the big bets. You have to know your limits on what you can afford to lose.

Everyone who makes a forum bet makes them because they think they are going to win the bet or they would not have made the bet to begin with.

You have to ask yourself the question "Can I pay the bet if I lose?".

I think some people fail to ask themselves that question.

I think WVU would pay a reasonable sum of money. 14K? Not so much.

Chop, 14k is bigger to me now than a few years ago, but it really wouldn't hurt me financially. I have taken much bigger losses recently, but moving money around is still relatively easy. You can believe me or not, it makes no difference

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

I dont know all the details of who owes what. I was just saying that I think you would pay a $500 bet. I dont consider you a full blown stiff. I just think that the sums of money you owe people are a little bit on the high side.
If you only owed whoever it is you owe $1000 or less I think they would be paid already.

Had a small bet with Mo (I think it had to do with the queerskins) and was paid immediately. . .:cheers

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

$100 ROACH23
$100 FORGOT HIS NAME

Money I have paid.

$1000 Journeyman
$1000 Jason4000
$500 DOCTORS PICKS
$500 JoeyFitz
$250 MRCLEO
$500 WANNABEE WHALE
$100 WVU
$100 AFL GURU

BUMP

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

i won a hat from osccowboys which he promptly sent.
dirty paid his losing political bets promptly also.