Heard on VSIN - Matt Youmans congratulating Squarepants

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Great score for Squarepants.

He finished in a four-way tie for sixth place in the SuperContest Classic after posting a 55-27-3 record.

As I understand it, the payout is somewhere in the neighborhood of $160,000.

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Great score for SquarePants.

He finished in a four-way tie for sixth place in the SuperContest Classic after posting a 55-27-3 record.

As I understand it, the payout is somewhere in the neighborhood of $160,000.

Payout is the average of 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th place. I have it as $147,608.60

Hey guys, just seeing this thread. Appreciate all the kind comments.

Bob of course is correct on the specific payout for the T6 finish for the Squarepants alias.

Yes, Fish, it does seem like 84 years. Missed winning the SuperContest Classic in my rookie contest season in 2004 by a missed field goal, so, yeah, it's been a while since a really nice payout, with a couple of lesser payout hits here and there along the way. The Hustler was on the other night, but this is course is closer to Fast Eddie Felson later in The Color of Money (loved the Clapton music from that movie and the album from that same time).

Youmans good-naturedly rags me about that POS '99 Corolla all the time. And, yes, he is a good handicapper. After I was done with my own handicapping last week, I pulled up the video file of his "Between the Sidelines" show with Scott Kellen and Erin Rynning on VSiN breaking down Week 17. It was very good stuff.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Holy beejbus, what a score by Squarepants !!!

So you really had about 750k riding on Colts -3....my oh my. I think Dave said you watched the 2nd half at Westgate, 1st half at home or looking for best
hedge # on Titans?

I would think an early retirement might be in the future?

Congrats again

Thanks guys.

Yeah, parlay, but they'll all be square pants, lol.

Joe, I scurried from home down to the SouthPoint right before SNF trying to catch a +6 down there and then I stopped by the Westgate on the way back during the second half actually to ask the book to keep a lid on the story for the moment. It was just happenstance that I ran into Dave and Dorn (lol) there -- but enjoyable, if not completely forthcoming on my part, happenstance.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I now expect Squarepants to be sitting near poker pro and fellow Golden Knights fan Daniel Negreanu for NHL games at T-Mobile Arena.

Dave, if the SuperContest Classic and Gold entries jump again substantially next year, I already know the cause: The ShowGirl Effect

: ^ )

(Much better than the Old Lawyer Guy Effect, I'm certain.)

Thanks for the nod, Rail.

John, I'm thinking maybe seats close to Negreanu still may be out of my price range, although I would like to do a game up in the Hyde Lounge. Looks like a good place to show them how Louisiana folk really can laissez le bon temps rouler. But I've gotta do something for better hearing protection in there, though. It's probably the most entertaining venue in sports outside of the game itself -- we are the Entertainment Capital of the World after all, and they do it up right -- but the absolute worst opening line for someone at my age is "ehh, ehh, whadidya say, honey?" lol