Hellmuth wins 12th WSOP bracelet

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated
in the $2500 Razz event...like him or hate him the guy is a great tournament poker player...last year he finished 2nd in 3 events at the WSOP looking for his 12th bracelet, I'm happy for him.

At the same time Hellmuth was heads up for the bracelet, so was Phil Ivey in the 10k Pot limit Hold em event, but he finished 2nd to Andy frankenberger.

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/updates.asp

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Hellmuth wins 12th WSOP bracelet

Is he the first to 12 bracelets? If I remember right- Brunson, Hellmuth and Chan were tied a couple of years ago.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

yes he was the first to 11 as well..next best has 10..glad he got it after the 3 second place finishes in last year's WSOP, which is a damn fine accomplishment in it's own right.

J

joeybagadonuts

Hate the guy and how he plays, but there is no arguing with his success.

I find him entertaining and as you guys already stated he's an excellent tournament player.

redstripe

EOG Veteran

the poker world would be boring with out helmuth. he is very entertaining . :cheers

tblaze

EOG Addicted

nice link..looks like the magician is going for another one!

KKoz9

EOG Senior Member

I've lost a little interest in the WOP the last few years so i haven't kept up with it but Helmuth used to make grand entrances to the WSOP, I think to the main event. Does he still do this?

eberetta1

EOG Addicted

I do not like Hellmuth at all, but don't need anyone to like you to be a winner. He won the bracelet, that's what matters. Dude knows how to keep his eyes on the prize.

ERBtheGREAT

EOG Dedicated

If everyone hates on you then you're doing something right...all the man does is win, although he seems to get crushed in the cash games...atleast on HSP lol

pretzelz

EOG Addicted

I'm very surprised that Hellmuth isn't playing in the 1 mil tourney.:+clueless

tblaze

EOG Addicted

no one doubts phils tourny skills but i think ive seen this guy at cash tables a dozen times or more and cant remember him ever winning. Its not hard to give back your tourny profits at the rings if you cant handle the heat

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

If not mistaken, he finished 4th in the 1 million $ buy in! Not a bad payday, but sucks for how much you had to put up. Estandiari finished first and won 18.356 million and 2nd won 10 million.

tblaze

EOG Addicted

furthermore, id stake Antonio over hellmuth in a cashgame and now probably a tournament most days

BigDaddy

EOG Master

he ran really good to win

if you watched the live coverage he had all the coolers it seemed

not hard to win when getting dealt AA etc..

not taking anything away from his win just putting it in perspective.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

furthermore, id stake Antonio over hellmuth in a cashgame and now probably a tournament most days

I'd take almost anyone over Hellmuth in cash games..I'd take Phil over Antonio in tournies all day every day..