Hit the Preakness trifecta and win $500

blueline

EOG Master
If you go into the TG archives and look at Romans from the 2016 Preakness he took a horse that looked slow and popped a big forward move in the preakness..so it has happened before.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Benoit that is just proof that Beyer numbers have no true meaning other than to sell DRF products. Ignore those.

I agree there. Most of my handicapping is on pace set ups.

But did anyone like the 10 horse before the race? He was the first horse I threw away— there were much better closers in the race, he really hadn’t shown anything other than the holy bull, which was just a big pace breakdown.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Anyone can go back and find something after a race.

But did anyone here bet the horse? Major props if you did. I had him at 75/1+... no way in hell he should have been 25/1

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
good lord no, he killed my exacta actually, had win win win , war of will , bode on top of a couple of the reasonable new shooters. I felt like I was robbed when he lugged up 2nd like that! then robbed again seeing the Assistant starter holding onto Bode in the gate giving him no chance to run and yet was not declared a non starter. this after the MAX security DQ fiasco killed me in a few ways just days after the Omaha Beach scratch, I had a huge Omaha Beach future.. just a disaster of a Triple Crown season for me me me...on to the Belmont however!!! I still love this game...

blueline

EOG Master
I didnt bet anything but if you're going to make money on 3yo races you have to find situations where you can project forward movement.
Romans has now done it twice...maybe more....getting his 3yo to fire in mid may

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I didnt bet anything but if you're going to make money on 3yo races you have to find situations where you can project forward movement.
Romans has now done it twice...maybe more....getting his 3yo to fire in mid may

I had owendale, win win win and bourbon war as my key horses. Didn’t like any of the top horses..

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
good lord no, he killed my exacta actually, had win win win , war of will , bode on top of a couple of the reasonable new shooters. I felt like I was robbed when he lugged up 2nd like that! then robbed again seeing the Assistant starter holding onto Bode in the gate giving him no chance to run and yet was not declared a non starter. this after the MAX security DQ fiasco killed me in a few ways just days after the Omaha Beach scratch, I had a huge Omaha Beach future.. just a disaster of a Triple Crown season for me me me...on to the Belmont however!!! I still love this game...

Belmont is my favorite of the 3, and they always have the best undercard of the 3. The met mile is looking like an amazing field. One of my favorite days of the year.. can’t wait

And yeah, I’ve gotten killed on both of the triple crown weekends. Friday was brutal for me... financially, one of the worst betting days I’ve had in a couple years

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Still chuckling at Matt Carothers and his bold Preakness selection.

Carothers boldly keyed longshot Bodexpress in a series of 128 Pick 5 combinations.

Whoops!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The horse and rider (John Velazquez) escaped injury in the incident.

Carothers lost his bet on Bodexpress two steps out of the starting gate.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I saw TVG's Caleb Keller make a compelling case for Preakness winner War of Will in the run-up to the race.

blueline

EOG Master
with 3yo betting theyre volatile and there will be explosive moves forward...betting the fastest horses at short prices can be a bumpy road

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Bump.
Any chance for a Belmont trifecta challenge JK?
It’s an excellent card at Belmont for Saturday.
Several huge Stakes races.