Horrible line at BetJam

Syracuse +700 to win their region.

This is absolutely scalpable. Cuse is a pk em against OU and will be no worse than +350 against UNC. Zaga is +365 against UNC and the line will be a little lower...about 7.5 or 8 if Cuse plays UNC

Already emptied my BetJam account on this. Others should do the same.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Horrible line at BetJam

argh!!!
A maximum wager amount of 250.00 USD is permitted because the game is circled.

nice find..

Gonna wait before I bet OU against this. Think that OU is gonna close as a dog to Cuse.

triple try, even with a max bet of $250, you can make a few hundred bucks scalping this.

Wouldn't blame anyone if they just wanted to hold on to it either. Tremendous value

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Gonna wait before I bet OU against this. Think that OU is gonna close as a dog to Cuse.

triple try, even with a max bet of $250, you can make a few hundred bucks scalping this.

Wouldn't blame anyone if they just wanted to hold on to it either. Tremendous value

its a typo but they will honor it..they meant 4-1 Im sure

+470 at pinny..

this is a great find I wanted to go 3k but they limited it to 250!!

rjt721

EOG Master

Definitely a bad line. Oklahoma's a slight favorite over Syracuse, yet Cuse are +700 to win the South and OU's +400. Market price on Cuse elsewhere is in the +450 range. But like try3 said, at $250 a pop they'll probably honor it.

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

What's scalping?

My guess is you bet Cuse at +700 then bet ML against them in the remaining games and win the difference. Correct?

justsilly

Banned

Syracuse +700 to win their region.

This is absolutely scalpable. Cuse is a pk em against OU and will be no worse than +350 against UNC. Zaga is +365 against UNC and the line will be a little lower...about 7.5 or 8 if Cuse plays UNC

Already emptied my BetJam account on this. Others should do the same.

Your math seems a little fuzzy to me.

You need two independent decisions to occur to win this bet.

One decision is at a current market price of -102. (Syracuse beating OU)

According to your handicapping, the next decision would be at a market price of +320. (Syracuse beating UNC)

Parlaying those two results looks a little like this:

1.98 * 4.20 = 8.316
8.316 -1.00 = 7.316 or +731.6

Not only is the line not "horrible", you, my friend have the worst of it.

You guys that agreed with this need to do your math before you follow someones "advice".

This thread and your math are justsilly.

Apple

Banned

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap> 3/23/2009 7:07 PM </TD><TD noWrap> Future/Prop </TD><TD noWrap align=right> $50.00 </TD><TD noWrap align=right> $350.00 </TD><TD noWrap> Basketball Futures - 2008-09 NCAA Basketball Championship - Team to win South Regional - 935 South Regional - Team to win - Syracuse +700</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks Hines, love shit like this..

munson15

I want winners...

I think independent of any scalp it is a good bet simply because you are getting value. They are a pick Friday which means you have a 50/50 shot at a 7-1 payoff on Sunday. If Gonzaga beats Carolina, you'd really be sitting pretty under that scenario.

Your math seems a little fuzzy to me.

You need two independent decisions to occur to win this bet.

One decision is at a current market price of -102. (Syracuse beating OU)

According to your handicapping, the next decision would be at a market price of +320. (Syracuse beating UNC)

Parlaying those two results looks a little like this:

1.98 * 4.20 = 8.316
8.316 -1.00 = 7.316 or +731.6

Not only is the line not "horrible", you, my friend have the worst of it.

You guys that agreed with this need to do your math before you follow someones "advice".

This thread and your math are justsilly.

You are right, I made a miscalculation and did not include the price of losing the first bet on Oklahoma into my calculations.

Two things however.

1) Why did you create a ghost to point this out? Are you that insecure that you can't bring it up under your regular posting handle? Just say I'm wrong on the math under your regular username instead of creating a handle just to post this.

2) You are also making a mistake. You are assuming that UNC beats Gonzaga. If Zaga upsets UNC and Cuse wins, Cuse will be a small fav against Zaga. In that case, this bet has tremendous value.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Hines I would tell ya but I dont know shit about this shit.

Love the ghost coming in. Adds to the drama

Gyno you stuck now.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

damn hines, gyno was just starting to smile, u ruined it this time..

shrink is off the hook now

Timetopay

EOG Master

Tuck who the hell you think is smart enough at EOG to come up with that math equation and then ghost that quick?

As far as Gyno wholly smokes. Guy gets some sunshine and then the cloud Hines comes and rains down...

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Tuck who the hell you think is smart enough at EOG to come up with that math equation and then ghost that quick?

As far as Gyno wholly smokes. Guy gets some sunshine and then the cloud Hines comes and rains down...

uh it surely wasnt me, i dont even understand what all that gibberish was 2938u4ji23

Tuckman

Uh Poster

all i know is that gyno could be using that 50 bucks on meds, he must be running low on funds after being fired

Yeah I fucked up on this one gyno. My bad dude. If you want me to buy your bet off you I'll be more than happy to.

Still, like munson said this is pretty good value. I do think Cuse is gonna beat OU and if Zaga pulls off the upset against UNC then it will be phenomenal.

Like I said though, this was my mistake so if you want me to I'll buy the bet off you.

Apple

Banned

I'll probably just bet UNC to win the region and hope I dont get fucked in the asshole.. You would think there would be a way to get out of this though considering the 7-1 is a lot better than anyone else is offering..

I'd be very surprised if Zaga beat both UNC and Syracuse, dont think they have what it takes.

I'll probably just bet UNC to win the region and hope I dont get fucked in the asshole.. You would think there would be a way to get out of this though considering the 7-1 is a lot better than anyone else is offering..

I'd be very surprised if Zaga beat both UNC and Syracuse, dont think they have what it takes.

Gyno, I'll buy the bet off you if you want man. This was absolutely my mistake as the ghost pointed out.

I still would love to know who the ghost was. Props to them for being right, but why not just post it under your regular username. Doesn't make sense why you would create a ghost just to say I was wrong.

justsilly

Banned

You are right, I made a miscalculation and did not include the price of losing the first bet on Oklahoma into my calculations.

Two things however.

1) Why did you create a ghost to point this out? Are you that insecure that you can't bring it up under your regular posting handle? Just say I'm wrong on the math under your regular username instead of creating a handle just to post this.

2) You are also making a mistake. You are assuming that UNC beats Gonzaga. If Zaga upsets UNC and Cuse wins, Cuse will be a small fav against Zaga. In that case, this bet has tremendous value.

Your math is fuzzy again, sir.

For your bet to have "tremedous value" (i.e. a Syracuse vs Gonzaga match-up) you would still need a +350 dog to win. Even a longer shot (according to your first post) than Syracuse beating UNC. So mathematically you are even more of dog for that scenario to occur.

You had it right when you said "You are right, I made a miscalculation and did not include the price of losing the first bet on Oklahoma into my calculations.". You should have just stopped there.

And I would worry less about who is correcting you and focus more on giving out correct information to the fine people here at EOG. :)

Your math is fuzzy again, sir.

For your bet to have "tremedous value" (i.e. a Syracuse vs Gonzaga match-up) you would still need a +350 dog to win. Even a longer shot (according to your first post) than Syracuse beating UNC. So mathematically you are even more of dog for that scenario to occur.

You had it right when you said "You are right, I made a miscalculation and did not include the price of losing the first bet on Oklahoma into my calculations.". You should have just stopped there.

And I would worry less about who is correcting you and focus more on giving out correct information to the fine people here at EOG. :)

What's up Doc? Why not just correct me under your regular name?

This bet still has value. I believe I will be able to grab OU at +100 somewhere before tipoff. Which would mean that I would just need to grab UNC at -300 or better against Cuse, that is IF UNC got past Zaga, to make it breakeven. Of course, if Zaga wins then there is a huge scalp.

How does this make my math fuzzy if Zaga beats UNC? Do tell. You caught me once. Savor the flavor cuz it won't happen again. :)

Apologies to tripletry and anyone else who played this too. I fucked up.

Still value in it but probably not scalpable like I thought it was

munson15

I want winners...

I think if you really don't like the bet, you should look for a prop bet on Syracuse NOT winning the region and bet that. With the odds being +470 at Pinnacle, you might be able to find a -700 or better to bail out.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Tuck think about how much that draft would have cost 5star at $25 an hour.

$102,642

tripp

EOG Master

Syracuse is the worst remaining team in the South in my opinion. If it's a good scalping opportunity than yeah it's a good play, but on it's own I'm not a fan of it.

Syracuse to me has no chance vs UNC, and I would have them as a dog vs Gonzaga. OK should be a good game, but I think they lose there also. Time will tell.

I think if you really don't like the bet, you should look for a prop bet on Syracuse NOT winning the region and bet that. With the odds being +470 at Pinnacle, you might be able to find a -700 or better to bail out.

I was looking around for one of those No bets but haven't found em yet. I know 5D usually will open shit like that up but right now it is just yes/no on the 1 seeds to win their respective regions

mofome

Banned

hines im in for 16K. Just send me a check for 15,500 and take yourself somewhere nice with the other 500 you owe me.