Houston Rockets to win NBA championship

Re: Houston Rockets to win NBA championship

Good luck mofo, but I can't see them getting past Dallas without the home court advantage.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

They continue to look pretty good... Have been watching them tonight against Denver. I don't know if Howard and Mutombo can both hold up through a rugged playoffs . When is Ming coming back ?

mofome

Banned

They continue to look pretty good... Have been watching them tonight against Denver. I don't know if Howard and Mutombo can both hold up through a rugged playoffs . When is Ming coming back ?

Ming will be back soon, i believe. they play the best defense in the league and have to guys that are very tough to defend. they can make a game ugly and score with 3s or in the post. like the odds here.

so i should sell both kidneys and buy sythetic with the winnings?

Houston will have no problem facing any teams if Yao and TMAC are healthy.

The team that Houston really had to worry about is the SUNS, because their style is just too fast for Houston, they're a slow pace team.

mofome

Banned

a good, slow paced team, can give the suns trouble though. would be a very interesting series imo.

:cheers

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Houston will have no problem facing any teams if Yao and TMAC are healthy.

The team that Houston really had to worry about is the SUNS, because their style is just too fast for Houston, they're a slow pace team.

Agree, I think that would be a nightmare matchup for the rockets. As a Mavs fan though, Houston probably scares me as much as San Antonio when healthy. We all know what Yao brings, and if T-Mac gets hot for a few games, Houston could definitely pull the upset.

mofome

Banned

Agree, I think that would be a nightmare matchup for the rockets. As a Mavs fan though, Houston probably scares me as much as San Antonio when healthy. We all know what Yao brings, and if T-Mac gets hot for a few games, Houston could definitely pull the upset.

i wish the west would just play best of 9 and the east could be left out.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

Houston has 0% to win NBA champinship!

first of all they are not a team that likes to push the ball

they are a team that likes to use that clock till it gets under 10 seconds

and then shoot a brick! yao barely gets down the floor back and forth

2 minutes of fast pace hes gona be dying!! those guys

can go back and forth 3 4 times while he wil lget down the court once!

HOuston does nto have any1 big man that likes to get down the court!

that will be the problem for them!

mofome

Banned

Houston has 0% to win NBA champinship!

first of all they are not a team that likes to push the ball

they are a team that likes to use that clock till it gets under 10 seconds

and then shoot a brick! yao barely gets down the floor back and forth

2 minutes of fast pace hes gona be dying!! those guys

can go back and forth 3 4 times while he wil lget down the court once!

HOuston does nto have any1 big man that likes to get down the court!

that will be the problem for them!

0%?

so you're saying ive got a chance. thats all i wanted to hear.
:+excited-

a good, slow paced team, can give the suns trouble though. would be a very interesting series imo.

Sorry Mo, but this is not correct. Suns only weakness is against teams who rebound and run on them. If you get the Suns into a slow tempo game, it becomes who has the better half-court offense. Suns have too many weapons in the half-court to make this a smart strategy for all but maybe the Mavs. Spurs are always the toughest matchup because they can dominate the boards and they run when there is an opportunity to do so.

Teams who intentionally walk and dribble time off the clock only hurt themselves. Basketball is about getting more good opportunities to score than your opponent, slowing the tempo down on purpose cuts down on the ability to create opportunities.

mofome

Banned

Sorry Mo, but this is not correct. Suns only weakness is against teams who rebound and run on them. If you get the Suns into a slow tempo game, it becomes who has the better half-court offense. Suns have too many weapons in the half-court to make this a smart strategy for all but maybe the Mavs. Spurs are always the toughest matchup because they can dominate the boards and they run when there is an opportunity to do so.

Teams who intentionally walk and dribble time off the clock only hurt themselves. Basketball is about getting more good opportunities to score than your opponent, slowing the tempo down on purpose cuts down on the ability to create opportunities.

i understand your points. but, for the rockets, its not about changing their style in slowing the game down, thats how they play their best basketball...as you know. certainly the rockets are not likely to win it, thus the large odds against it. if i was taking the suns vs houston su, i would take the suns. But...i also would have thought the mavs would finish off miami last year and that obviously didnt happen. i dont watch all that much nba basketball, but i do like the rockets and thought these odds were worth a small play. likely just a donation to the book, but we'll see.

I agree the price isn't bad. Maybe the toughest spot for the Rockets would be the first. I think the Jazz are a real mountain for them to climb. They might get some momentum though if they can get by them. Rockets real issue though is they don't pass the ball around enough. Too much one-on-one play makes a team easier to defend.

mofome

Banned

I agree the price isn't bad. Maybe the toughest spot for the Rockets would be the first. I think the Jazz are a real mountain for them to climb. They might get some momentum though if they can get by them. Rockets real issue though is they don't pass the ball around enough. Too much one-on-one play makes a team easier to defend.

yeah, and its tough to get a hold of just how much tracy wants to win on a given night. surely hes blessed with as much talent as most anyone in the league, but he doesnt seem to have his heart in it each night. i was holding out some hope that they could wrestle away home court from utah in round 1, but thats not looking too likely at this point.