How bad are the Jets?

Valuist

EOG Master
If you just look at that 27-17 final, it may not look that bad. Here's the reality: the Jets got one TD in garbage time with one minute to play. The other TD was a 69 yard play in which Darnold threw a 5 yard pass to Crowder, who slipped 2 tackles and burst clear for a freakish TD. The Jets easily could've finished with 3 points. Defensively? Buffalo was only 3 for 8 in the red zone. 8 red zone possessions? That is crazy. Buffalo could've topped 40 quite easily with a bit more efficiency in red zone. 20 MPH windy day and Jet secondary allowed Allen his biggest pass yardage of his career. Jax and Washington won. Carolina didn't look bad. Right now, I don't think anyone is worse than the Jets.

Valuist

EOG Master
Who is worse, the Jets or Browns?

Browns would destroy the Jets. They faced a top 2-3 team in the entire league. Lost the TO battle and made a very unwise fake punt attempt early in the game and held Jackson to 45 rush yards. Yes, Mayfield looked terrible and still having passes deflected. But no comparison between the two, IMO.

Heim

EOG Master
Darnold, 21 completions for 215!? Which includes the freak 69 yarder to Crowder as you mentioned. Offense looked pathetic today
especially on 3rd down.

Breaking news: Namath offered a tryout tomorrow.

Valuist

EOG Master
Darnold, 21 completions for 215!? Which includes the freak 69 yarder to Crowder as you mentioned. Offense looked pathetic today
especially on 3rd downs.

So 69 of the 215 was on the freak play, and another 40-50 on the garbage time drive. But that D has got real issues as well. EIGHT red zone possessions allowed?

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
On the other hand.

Josh Allen is still crap. Missed two wide open td's and fumbled twice.

The Bills simply beat an inferior opponent.

Doesnt look like Allen improved a bit

kane

EOG master
especially on 3rd down.

Breaking news: Namath offered a tryout tomorrow.

waco

EOG Dedicated
Cowherd thinks Darnold is the greatest thing since slice bread. He’s the most overrated QB in the NFL. I CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT COWASS HAS TO SAY MONDAY ABOUT HIS GREAT QB.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Browns will be good once they take the ball out of bakers hands and go 65/35 run pass.

It worked in minny.

Jets have no chance.

Trevor sweepstakes begins today

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Only Carson Wentz (14.2) played worse than Sam Darnold (19.3) in Week 1, according to QBR numbers.

Valuist

EOG Master
With most of week 2 in the books, IMO the Jets ARE definitively the worst team. Take a look at what they did today. They were playing a home game against a non divisional opponent, a game where the opponent is likely to overlook them. The Niners lost 4 key starters during today's game. Among them was last year's Rookie of the Year in Nick Bosa; QB Jimmy G was hurt in the first quarter on a sack and missed the entire 2nd half. Raheem Mostert, who scored on an 80 yard run on the first play of the game and also missed the entire second half. A 4th starter, Soloman Thomas also left with an injury. Despite this, the Jets still lose by 18 points. They now have trailed in 114 of the 120 minutes of play so far.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
With most of week 2 in the books, IMO the Jets ARE definitively the worst team. Take a look at what they did today. They were playing a home game against a non divisional opponent, a game where the opponent is likely to overlook them. The Niners lost 4 key starters during today's game. Among them was last year's Rookie of the Year in Nick Bosa; QB Jimmy G was hurt in the first quarter on a sack and missed the entire 2nd half. Raheem Mostert, who scored on an 80 yard run on the first play of the game and also missed the entire second half. A 4th starter, Soloman Thomas also left with an injury. Despite this, the Jets still lose by 18 points. They now have trailed in 114 of the 120 minutes of play so far.
SF-NYG next week may be worse than the SF-Jets this week. Giants did show some fight after Barkley went out.

Valuist

EOG Master
SF-NYG next week may be worse than the SF-Jets this week. Giants did show some fight after Barkley went out.

The Giants definitely a cut above the Jets. I thought the Giants weren't hopeless against the Steelers. They did put together a 90 yard drive against the Steeler D only to come away with no points when Jones got picked at the goal line. And today on the road, they were right there at the end. The Jets have trailed by double digits for most of their 120 minutes played.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I have Jets Un6.5 RSW and like the way that looks

I also have them starting the season 0-4 for +400

I figure it all comes down to Week 4 vs. Broncos

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The Giants definitely a cut above the Jets. I thought the Giants weren't hopeless against the Steelers. They did put together a 90 yard drive against the Steeler D only to come away with no points when Jones got picked at the goal line. And today on the road, they were right there at the end. The Jets have trailed by double digits for most of their 120 minutes played.

Listen

Jets are just gutless right now. Its not so much talent, just no drive at all. Feels like a coach that has lost the team. They are nowhere near as bad as the Dolphins were to start the season last year where they gave up every player they could, this Jets team has plenty of NFL talent around.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Jets are just gutless right now. Its not so much talent, just no drive at all. Feels like a coach that has lost the team. They are nowhere near as bad as the Dolphins were to start the season last year where they gave up every player they could, this Jets team has plenty of NFL talent around.

They Also Layed out The Big Money For Free Agent RB Le 'veon Bell.

RB is The Worst Position To Pay out The Big Money.

Majority Have Short Career Span.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They got a tough break when L Bell got hurt. I suspect he’s not the best locker room guy. They could have moved him .

They got a tough break when L Bell got hurt. I suspect he’s not the best locker room guy. They could have moved him .

Putting money or a high draft pick into a running back is pure stupidity in the modern game. Giants and Jets are proving that the two franchises are just dumb as nails and figure the fanbase ain't going to do a goddamn thing about it. Season ticket waitlist will continue on for generations.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Where did you get The Jets at +400 to start the season?

Someone - forget who - pointed me to this site. They had something for every team to start 4-0 or 0-4. Jets were +400 to start 0-4 and I figured it would rest on the 4th game at which point I could always hedge slightly. With Lock hurt and most likely OUT who knows what the line will be? My guess is no more than -3 either way but maybe closer?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Gase has a rep because Peyton liked him and recommended him. Why? Because Gase let Peyton be his own OC, same as he was in Indy. Gase deserves no credit for Peyton's great year in Denver. Watching A Gase Presser brings memories of Ray Handley, a guy who could not deal with the media at all, especially the NY media.

how many former nfl oc succeed as nfl hc.........

I think the defending champs coach might qualify, but he's a dying breed. I think in general its a bad idea for any HC to also be the coordinator or play caller on either side of the ball. I'm sure that's why Fangio is so terrible with timeouts right now, its the last thing he's thinking about when he's trying to get his D ready for a play near the end of a game.