How bad are the Jets?

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
2 pick sixes and a safety given up. Gase headed to the hot seat?

Gang green are unquestionably, the Bad News Bears of the NFL.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Colin Cowherd is leading the Darnold bandwagon.

He is blind to how bad this kid is.

He might have been ok in the right system but his confidence is beaten to nothing.
He was a turnover machine at USC, and he has atrocious pocket instincts. Those are tough to overcome.

Valuist

EOG Master
Any odds on them going winless? I think their best shot at a win is November 29 vs Miami. If Miami plays anything like they did today, the Jets have no chance. But it is interesting scheduling; the Jets play at Miami on November 15. Then they have their bye week. Then they face the Dolphins again in an extremely rare NFL rematch.

Washington is real bad too. But not as inept as the J-E-T-S.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Any odds on them going winless? I think their best shot at a win is November 29 vs Miami. If Miami plays anything like they did today, the Jets have no chance. But it is interesting scheduling; the Jets play at Miami on November 15. Then they have their bye week. Then they face the Dolphins again in an extremely rare NFL rematch.

Washington is real bad too. But not as inept as the J-E-T-S.

I doubt they go 0-16. They do get Miami T-giving week and after a BYE (although one can make a legit point they have had a BYE all season) so I could see that happen. Hard to imagine Gase lasting much longer

Valuist

EOG Master
I doubt they go 0-16. They do get Miami T-giving week and after a BYE (although one can make a legit point they have had a BYE all season) so I could see that happen. Hard to imagine Gase lasting much longer

I normally view late season byes as a positive. But I think it depends if the team is good or at least not hopeless. The real shit teams give up by late November. Gase may not even be the coach by that point. It's hard to imagine that motley crue spending extra time watching film just to avoid an 0-16 season.

Now the Niners aren't anywhere near the Jets, or even Washington. But this is not a good or average team right now. Their two wins were over the 2 winless New York teams. They lost at home to an in-decline Philly team. They got destroyed today at home by a weak Miami team.

I think the Jets will do like the Dolphins and win multiple games at the end of the year. They are just too banged up right now to compete and Flacco certainly isn't going to win games, but Darnold gets back healthy and they get some injury luck in second half of the season. This team ain't 0-16 bad.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I think the Jets will do like the Dolphins and win multiple games at the end of the year. They are just too banged up right now to compete and Flacco certainly isn't going to win games, but Darnold gets back healthy and they get some injury luck in second half of the season. This team ain't 0-16 bad.

They will be fortunate to win 2 games this year....JMO

Valuist

EOG Master
Fewest minutes led so far this season:

Jets 16
Jacksonville 25.5
Dallas 43.5
NY Giants 48.5
Denver 50.5 (4 games)

Most minutes trailing:
Jets 253
Dallas 214.5
Jacksonville 211.5
Chicago 196
NY Giants 192.5

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
How you could have multiple coaching candidates in a room and come away with that guy is mind boggling. It helps explain away 52 years.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I could see him going to New England. They have a RBC and having him there could help things out a lot

Definitely addition by subtraction. I stand by my prediction, 3-4 wins for the Jets this year IF the injury bug lets up a bit.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Definitely addition by subtraction. I stand by my prediction, 3-4 wins for the Jets this year IF the injury bug lets up a bit.
Agree, they may have turned the corner last night. The locker room will be better without Bell for starters.

Heim

EOG Master
They kept Frank Gore and are paying Bell not to play...what does that tell you. He can't play anymore.

Joe Douglas is no dummie.....they're not going to use a guy if he's getting 4.5/4.6 ypc?? Guy is done.

kane

EOG master
I never know what to believe, but I've heard there are 4 teams Bell is looking at, the Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, and another team. Like I said, it's impossible to know what's truth and what isn't but I guess we'll find out soon enough

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I never know what to believe, but I've heard there are 4 teams Bell is looking at, the Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, and another team. Like I said, it's impossible to know what's truth and what isn't but I guess we'll find out soon enough
The three teams you mentioned were confirmed this morning on 'Get Up". Additionally, yahoo sports reported that before Bell was released, he was in talks to be traded to Las Vegas, so that could be the 4th team he might be interested in joining.

When a guy says he wants to go to certain "lifestyle" locations, you have to think he's done. He's just like one of these soccer players wanting to get paid in the US, he's done in trying to achieve big things.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
We just see so many talented guys fall off from their own wrong doing. Either just looking to get paid or simply dont want to put in the work to peform at the level they did. Bell was running over guys in Pittsburgh man. Catching passes out of backfield like no other. Jesus. Hope he gets back to that some day.