How bad are the Jets?

kane

EOG master
According to reports he's going to the Chiefs on a one year deal, the Dolphins offered him a two year deal, but he wants to win a SB, so his decision comes as no surprise

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
According to reports he's going to the Chiefs on a one year deal, the Dolphins offered him a two year deal, but he wants to win a SB, so his decision comes as no surprise

He wants a one-year deal so he can have a good season this year and then be a free agent and hope to sign a big(ger) money deal

Valuist

EOG Master
I suspect Leveon values carry opportunities much higher than a potential Super Bowl. And whether he realizes it or not, he's not gonna be the "final piece" for any team to win a title.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I suspect Leveon values carry opportunities much higher than a potential Super Bowl. And whether he realizes it or not, he's not gonna be the "final piece" for any team to win a title.
Not too sure about that. If the Chiefs running game picks up, and the Chiefs win the title, he will be looked at by some as the final piece. Of course he has to at least somewhat resemble the Steeler Le'veon Bell for that to happen. The Steeler Le'veon Bell fits the Chiefs Offense perfectly, much like Kareem Hunt did.

Valuist

EOG Master
Not too sure about that. If the Chiefs running game picks up, and the Chiefs win the title, he will be looked at by some as the final piece. Of course he has to at least somewhat resemble the Steeler Le'veon Bell for that to happen. The Steeler Le'veon Bell fits the Chiefs Offense perfectly, much like Kareem Hunt did.

His last good year was 2017, Three years is an eternity in the NFL, especially for a running back. I wouldn't have big expectations.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
His last good year was 2017, Three years is an eternity in the NFL, especially for a running back. I wouldn't have big expectations.
If he was 30 or north of 30, I'd agree. He's only 28, and he played for a horrid team, with a particularly bad HC/OC. The Chiefs OL sucks, but Bell should at least be a good compliment to CEH, and will probably supplant him as the starter soon enough. At worst he drastically improves their RB depth, and even with the horrid J-E-T-S he still was a receiving force out of the backfield.

Last edited:

Ray Luca

EOG Master
They kept Frank Gore and are paying Bell not to play...what does that tell you. He can't play anymore.

Joe Douglas is no dummie.....they're not going to use a guy if he's getting 4.5/4.6 ypc?? Guy is done.

Jets got nothing in return. Idiots

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Jets got nothing in return. Idiots
I can't blame them for that. There was no reason for anyone to trade for him with his contract status. I can blame them for everything else surrounding him.
There are myriad examples of RB's that thrive somewhere, falter somewhere else, and then go on to become what they were when they move on from the bad situation and are still young. There's little reason to doubt Bell will join that list. This isn't like signing a done Shady McCoy.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I can't blame them for that. There was no reason for anyone to trade for him with his contract status. I can blame them for everything else surrounding him.
There are myriad examples of RB's that thrive somewhere, falter somewhere else, and then go on to become what they were when they move on from the bad situation and are still young. There's little reason to doubt Bell will join that list. This isn't like signing a done Shady McCoy.
NE did this for a decade with success. Bell may not be the final piece for most teams, but he would for KC.

How does this really help the Chiefs? Did they really have a problem at RB? Seems they were fine there, so adding him raises the risk of creating issues. He probably will behave better, but imagine he takes touches away from already capable players. At some point he could become a little too vocal about deserving more touches and then it becomes a risk. It's a strong organization so they can probably minimize some negatives but I don't see this helping much.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
How does this really help the Chiefs? Did they really have a problem at RB? Seems they were fine there, so adding him raises the risk of creating issues. He probably will behave better, but imagine he takes touches away from already capable players. At some point he could become a little too vocal about deserving more touches and then it becomes a risk. It's a strong organization so they can probably minimize some negatives but I don't see this helping much.
Yes. After a nice game 1, which even there showed an extreme short yardage weakness, CEH has done very little. He's a nice receiving back, but the Chiefs have not been able to run when the other team is looking for it CEH may develop in time, but for now, Le'veon should be a nice upgrade. They are still trying to find what Kareem Hunt was for them, and Le'veon is closer to that.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It helps the Chiefs knowing he's not on a competitor also.

"It doesn't matter if it’s Joe Flacco or Sam Darnold, who was famously laid up last year with the world’s longest bout of mono (or was that two years ago). Remarkable. Darnold also lost a toenail. Not since Robert Griffin III has an NFL team suffered so many unorthodox injuries. Dislocated nipples. Pickled testicles. Fractured ass cheeks. You have to be a sick bastard to bet the Jets but we promise you that they’re not going 0-16 against the spread. The books FINALLY compensated but in the case, they may have overcompensated a bit too much. This one could make our board. Plug your noses, friends." lol

With the line at -19.5 instead of the advance -21.5 its clear the market gives some value to Darnold over Flacco, which they most definitely should. Every square is going to say Chiefs or pass, with maybe a couple betting the Jets on the money line, while every sharp is going to be Jets or pass because you know almost no sharp is laying 20 on an NFL game. I could see the Chiefs going up by 21 and putting in backups like they did yesterday to finish the game and the Jets backdoor it.

Valuist

EOG Master
Despite a solid effort last week, I think Jacksonville is trying to make a run at the Jets.

Minutes led: Jets 96.5 Jaguars 57
Minutes trailed: Jets: 356.5 Jaguars 387.5

I can't believe Football Outsiders has Jax rated above several teams in DVOA.

MrTop

EOG Master
Despite a solid effort last week, I think Jacksonville is trying to make a run at the Jets.

Minutes led: Jets 96.5 Jaguars 57
Minutes trailed: Jets: 356.5 Jaguars 387.5

I can't believe Football Outsiders has Jax rated above several teams in DVOA.

i am not high on that Outsiders place. ..I got on a neutral...jax 4+ and dallas 2+ above the J-E-T-S ..... maybe i am wrong

Valuist

EOG Master
Fast forward a year. Nothing has changed. How's that defense the last 3 games? 1400 yards allowed and 130 points. 1 turnover forced, and 16 red zone opportunities by opponents. Minutes led this year: 23. Minutes trailed: 356.