how can anyone bet against boston today? - In Game Thread

MCP

I understand not betting ON them today but no way would i put a cent on them to lose today, no way. anyone betting on chicago today ?

MCP

you are braver than me sir ! i cant fathom them losing today, but at the same time id never put -160 on wakefield. kind of contradicting myself, i know.

MCP

knuckleball is looking good today ! couldnt imagine having my money on that headcase garcia

I generally like several of the Red Sox players and if anyone but Wakefield was pitching I would have bet this game ... I have been burned so many times by Wakefield. Did you see that 16-12 stat for the year ... I was probably on all 12 of those loss games lol.

-160 and Wakefield, that is hard for me to fathom.

may actually win, but bad price against a good white sox team that smells blood and is hungry as hell, 1959 for white sox, 2004 for red sox

peteep

EOG Addicted
:+excited- Have Konerko +120 in a totals bases prop vs. Ortiz. That shot sure helped!

Go White Sox!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Red Sox bases loaded, nobody out, still losing 4 -3, bottom of 6! Pitching change! Orlando Hernandez! (I think he is about 45!)

peteep

EOG Addicted
WOW. Unbelievable work by El Duque! Even with the umpire wanting to help the fans.

Big Momentum killing.

MCP

agreed this ump is terribly slanted for boston, but most umpires are gutless like him. most intense game ive wathced in a long time.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
El Duque ( Cuban), head-to-head with Manny (Dominican), who will win the battle? El Duque! 4-3 ChiSox , top of 8!

peteep

EOG Addicted
EL DUQUE!!!!!

Considering Ozzie wasn't sure if he would be on the playoff roster, that guy just OWNED the red sox.

MCP

i think it will be a mistake bringing in jenks.. he has one pitch and a short porch in left and right.. not a good combo

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
MCP said:
i think it will be a mistake bringing in jenks.. he has one pitch and a short porch in left and right.. not a good combo
I did not know Ferguson Jenkins was back with Chicago?

MCP

i used to like Berman, but not after this series, his bias oozes through the broadcast, he was so dejected after the whitesox scored the 5th run.

ESPN should let Hawk do a Chicago game on ESPN