..how is any poster a "scam artist"?

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
:D

recently there have been multiple accusations concerning posters on this website. i do not understand the arguments... if someone posts, can't you make up your own mind; over time; as to the validity of his posts??

is the poster trying to get confidence of others and then turn tout???

is poster , on purpose, posting wrong side to "keep line down"

how do you "stiff" someone online; and isn't that a personal business situation; if loans are invloved??

i am naive; but on internet : it is buyer beware...as really , in all situations in life...

just what exactly has fili done to invke such wrath??

please be specific..

secondly; why put someone down for making a lot of posts; isn't it in everyone's best interest to help get this board going; and one way boards are judged is by dailty posting volume?

ty

gl

:+signs8-1

Big Black Man

EOG Enthusiast
This place is a haven for scammers. Fili and AK to name a couple. Fili owes more than just Wanabe Whale. AK however, doesn't deny anything he's done and seems to have an in with Ken. Doesn't say much about this place, and when you bring stuff up it goes straight to the dump.

Kelp, no one likes a stiff! I don't know the whole story of MC/FILI.
BUT I see your point and it is a lesson I learned many years ago! MAY'N!

Personnel loans are not good business. You can lose friends and even family because of a loan. I have several rental homes and I won't even rent to a friend or family for that reason.
Being stiffed sucks and I suggest that you NEVER loan a poter money or place a bet for someone else unless you can afford to never see that money again!!! That's just my opinion!!

MC/Fili was a mod at another site. He came up with a sob story that he needed money for rent and borrowed money from other mods and anyone else that fell for his trap. He never paid them back.

Other posters use the forums for a tout business. As soon as a guy goes on a hot streak he goes PPV and starts charging for his picks and collects email adresses.

Others try and scam by offereing posters credit. Of course if the player wins he never gets paid.

degenerategambler

EOG Enthusiast
"recently there have been multiple accusations concerning posters on this website. i do not understand the arguments... if someone posts, can't you make up your own mind; over time; as to the validity of his posts??"

Kelp, I find it easier to make decisions when I have all the information available. I certainly appreciate knowing if a poster has been known to rip people off. Maybe you'll still look at their posts, maybe not, but it would certainly be good info if they ever asked you for money, wouldn't it? Or would you prefer it was never mentioned and you had the opportunity to learn on your own? Its like books, if you have all the info on how they deal with customers, you can decide how to proceed, a book may have a policy that really bothers some but means nothing to you, or vice versa, but with the info hopefully you can avoid some pitfalls along the way. That is the benefit of these forums as far as I am concerned. I know they have saved me from making costly mistakes with books and people. Also if a posters can rip people off and have it fade away, it encourages similiar activity. Its good that filibuster(madcapper) continues to get dogged about his previous activities, its a reminder to others that if you're going to rip people off it will dog you forever, or at least until you make it right, and hopefully prevents further victims.

tryingtofade

EOG Member
Kelp,

Appears you play in the BetJamaica sponsored contest here. How would you feel if a scamming fellow poster was playing against you with multiple aliases?

Just one example. Haven't you ever seen a newbie come on these forums and ask if anyone knows how to contact a local bookie? That usually will bring the scammers out in droves. Use your imagination. History suggests those who scam, even when exposed, don't just go away quietly and never reappear.

Here's my favorite. There was a contest at the RX. As soon as it ended Mr. Kennedy called the book and said he won. The book sent the money to Kennedy. There was no rollover requirement so Kennedy withdrew the money. Later it came out that Kennedy didn't win the contest.

Big Black Man said:
This place is a haven for scammers. Fili and AK to name a couple. Fili owes more than just Wanabe Whale. AK however, doesn't deny anything he's done and seems to have an in with Ken. Doesn't say much about this place, and when you bring stuff up it goes straight to the dump.

Like I have said before. BEWARE When it comes to dealing with gamblers period. You only get phucked by the people you trust. Do not trust no one.

degenerategambler

EOG Enthusiast
coconutman said:
Don't give people money over the net then. It's survival of the fittest and if you get robbed you get robbed.

I've met a few fellow gamblers online who I've had dealings with that required the exchange of money with no problems.

degenerategambler

EOG Enthusiast
wrigley said:
Sure the people you owe money to are not ho huming:+signs9-1

No they're not ho humming, still can't understand why one would continue to put themselves out front and center when they owe people money? Fili-capper you care to explain?