How is Barry Sanders the #9 all-time college football player?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
9????

Dick Butkus, Red Grange, and Archie Griffin all ahead of him which is a disgrace.

List should be
1. Hershal Walker
1b Bo Jackson
3. Jim Brown
4 Barry Sanders
5 who cares.

Heim

EOG Master
I don't know why these polls always omit NEB Tommy Frazier. B2B national championships....3 consecutive undefeated regular seasons. Ran
the option as good as anyone. We're not talking NFL potential here, college.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I don't know why these polls always omit NEB Tommy Frazier. B2B national championships....3 consecutive undefeated regular seasons. Ran
the option as good as anyone. We're not talking NFL potential here, college.

these are always popularity contests

turksure

EOG Enthusiast
Barry Sanders had the best single year of any college RB setting 27 or so records. I was lucky to see him play many times when he was at Okla State. One fast dude.

turksure

EOG Enthusiast
Barry Switzer quote the week before Oklahoma's playing Oklahoma State. I hope that Thomas kid is not hurt too bad because his replacement on the bench is better and we don't want play against him, aka Barry Sanders.

Barry Sanders only had one highlight tape Oklahoma State claimed that got lost in the mail. lol

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
in the pro game, i would take Thurman Thomas over Sanders.

Thurman was an every down back-- in fact he probably was the one that started it.

Sanders would get you a nice run to midfield and then his next 10 carries for like 6 yards after that

Last edited:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
in the pro game, i would take Thurman Thomas over Sanders.

Thurman was an every down back-- in fact he probably was the one that started it.

Sanders would get you a nice run to midfield and then his next 10 carries for like 6 yards after that
not close.

sanders in the bills system when they actually threw it to the RB would have destroyed.

sanders never had a QB that defenses worried about.

Sanders was untouchable in one on one matchups on the perimeter and in the bills system he would have been a 1500 rusher/1000 receiver on an annual basis without trying.

Heim

EOG Master
Barry Sanders is clearly #1....the USA Today poll got it right. He still holds close to 27 NCAA records. Dorsett in the poll second.

railbird

EOG Master
best college runningbacks of all time

1. OJ Simpson
2. Marshall Faulk
3. Marcus Allen
4. Reggie Bush
5. Tony Dorsett

common guy

EOG Senior Member
That Thorpe kid was good-coached by Pop Warner at Carlisle Indian Industrial School. Staubach had zero business on that top ten squad. Why sports think they need to kiss military ass I do not understand. Kellen Moore 50 wins,Tommy Frazier I like. Mr Railbird top 5 running backs I agree with-mainly because I saw them all up close live. Never got to see Sanders in person. I saw Ed Reed play-s.o.b was great.He should be on that list.

Bo Jackson is the best RB I’ve ever seen

To put into perspective how great of an athlete Bo was-he’s probably the only baseball player ever to have 80 grade raw power-80 grade speed and 80 grade arm

kane

EOG master
Had Bo Jackson not had a career ending injury, he would own all the records, he would have been the GOAT of RB's

kane

EOG master
In his NFL career Bo averaged 5.4 yards per rush, and this was when he was playing baseball as well, imagine if he had just concentrated on football