(HOW MUCH A YEAR DO YOU SPEND ON GAS)

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
BOYS I WAS WATCHING THE WORLD NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS AND HE SAID THE AVERAGE AMERICAN SPENDS OVER $4,000 DOLLARS A YEAR FOR GAS IN THERE CARS.IT COST ME 83 DOLLARS YESTERDAY TO FILL MY TOYOTA TUNDRA PICK UP TRUCK AND I MIGHT NEED MORE GAS BY SUNDAY.

I DONT WANT TO GET DEPRESSED AND DO THE NUMBERS I MUST SPEND CLOSER TO 6 OR 7 THOUSAND A YEAR ON GAS FOR MY TRUCK.I JUST THROW MY CREDIT CAR IN AND FILL UP MY TANK NEVER THINKING ABOUT DOING THE NUMBERS BUT IF YOU DO BOYS YOU WILL PROBABLY BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH IT COST ON GAS ALONE FOR YOUR CAR

CHECK IN WITH HOW MUCH YOU THINK YOU SPEND A MONTH AND A YEAR FOR GAS IN YOUR CAR YOU WILL BE SHOCKED IF YOU DO THE NUMBERS :sad

BEANTOWNJIM 6 OR 7 DIMES A YEAR ON GAS FOR MY TRUCK

Re: (HOW MUCH A YEAR DO YOU SPEND ON GAS)

Beaner, sounds like your next vehicle will be a pussy Prius.

Deal with it.

I'm sure it is well over 6k for me with both cars. I figure 25 cents a mile to drive a truck just in gas. High gas prices will be very bad for the economy, people can't spend money they already spent on gas for less needed things like eating out, entertainment, vacations, etc.

A lot of people I'm sure are spending 10% or more of their gross income on gas.

I suppose we could retire the old pick-up trucks but then we'd have big car payments on a Prius, Volt, Smartcar, etc.

Obama won't get re-elected with gas more than doubling since he was elected.

I'm sure it is well over 6k for me with both cars. I figure 25 cents a mile to drive a truck just in gas. High gas prices will be very bad for the economy, people can't spend money they already spent on gas for less needed things like eating out, entertainment, vacations, etc.

A lot of people I'm sure are spending 10% or more of their gross income on gas.

I suppose we could retire the old pick-up trucks but then we'd have big car payments on a Prius, Volt, Smartcar, etc.

Obama won't get re-elected with gas more than doubling since he was elected.

Right, we need Rick Santorum to really "sort" us out... :LMAO

...then with a Catholic in the White House all we will have to worry about will be the Priest's open season on little boys.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Around 2500 a year...everything I need is within close proximity of where I live...I drive a 2008 City Honda....

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

IF PEOPLE STARTED KEEPING TRACK YOU WOULD BE SHOCKED TO SEE HOW MUCH GAS REALLY IS AS AN EXPENSE.:+clueless MAN IF GAS GOES TO 5 DOLLARS A GALLON JESUS WE COULD BE SPENDING CLOSE TO 8-10 THOUSAND A YEAR JUST TO GET AROUND :shoot:

I AM GOING TO TRACK MY GAS FOR ONE MONTH.

MONDAY I SPENT 83 DOLLARS I STILL HAVE WELL OVER A HALF TANK LEFT BUT I THINK I WILL NEED GAS AGAIN BY NEXT MONDAY.

People driving too much or get shitty gas mileage. If you get 30 miles a year and drive 18000 miles a year thats 600 gallons. Avergae gas price has been well below 4 bucks lately. But even at 4 thats only 2400 bucks. 18K miles a year is a lot of miles for most people. Thats about 70 miles a day 5 days a week.

Ifyou drive a semi normal 15K a year and get even modest gas mileage even at 4 bucks you should be well below 2K a year in fuel for a single car.

People driving too much or get shitty gas mileage. If you get 30 miles a year and drive 18000 miles a year thats 600 gallons. Avergae gas price has been well below 4 bucks lately. But even at 4 thats only 2400 bucks. 18K miles a year is a lot of miles for most people. Thats about 70 miles a day 5 days a week.

Ifyou drive a semi normal 15K a year and get even modest gas mileage even at 4 bucks you should be well below 2K a year in fuel for a single car.

My yearly gas costs is about $1500, with a Bimmer 330ci running high test...oh, and I don't drive slowly either...

Wade

EOG Master

jeem probably has a 20 year old toyota tundra. jeem, change the air filter in that thing pal. it's probably dirtier than a thai hooker.

befeege

EOG Member

I spend around $6000 a year on gas... I do a lot of driving.

Ditto. I spend easily a nickel a month on gas. I fill my tank twice a week, about $60-65 to fill the tank. BTJ, don't depress me about $5 gas. Jaysus, I haven't been thinking of the price of gas in a while, now you got me thinking about it!

Wade

EOG Master

you boys are making the arabs rich. they told me to tell you thanks for the new bugatti they just bought with your money. :scooter

Their gas makes me big bucks too hustle, so it goes both ways....tell them thanks from me.

I spend approximately $180 a month driving my Prius. Yes, a Prius... I actually enjoy the ride.
My SUV stays in the garage except for when I take the dog hiking or to the beach.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

I spend approximately $180 a month driving my Prius. Yes, a Prius... I actually enjoy the ride.
My SUV stays in the garage except for when I take the dog hiking or to the beach.

Somebody told me that Prius owners need to replace the battery every 4 years and it cost 2K. Is that true?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Around $500 a month here between myself and the wifey. Both fill up once a week at like $60 a pop

I'm spending over $100 a week to drive a Ford F-150 to a condo I'm remodeling that is 25 miles away, about 350 miles a week there alone...maybe 450-500 miles a week total at 16 mpg....It's killing me ! I rarely use the truck this much...more like 5k miles a year on average, but sometimes you need a truck.

A smaller 4 cylinder truck is becoming an option, I could manage with something less than an F-150 4X4. When gas gets to $5/ gallon I can't really afford to drive much...or time for a bike/ motorcycle/ scooter/ moped. :+clueless:shoot:

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

I FEEL YOUR PAIN DOUG I HAVE A TOYOTA TUNDRA FULL SIZE 4X4 IT COST OVER 85 DOLLARS TO FILL MY TANK AND I AM LUCKY IF I CAN ONLY FILL IT ONCE A WEEK.I NEED A TRUCK FOR WHAT I DO WITH PROPERTY BUT LIKE YOU I COULD PROBABLY GET BY WITH THE TOYOTA TUCOMA WICH IS SMALLER.I JUST CANT GIVE UP ON MY TUNDRA ITS ALL PAID FOR AND I DONT WANT TO START DOING CAR PAYMENTS AGAIN :finger004

THEY SAY 5 DOLLARS IS CLOSER THAN WE THINK ITS 3.69 RIGHT NOW WHERE I AM :shoot:

I FEEL YOUR PAIN DOUG I HAVE A TOYOTA TUNDRA FULL SIZE 4X4 IT COST OVER 85 DOLLARS TO FILL MY TANK AND I AM LUCKY IF I CAN ONLY FILL IT ONCE A WEEK.I NEED A TRUCK FOR WHAT I DO WITH PROPERTY BUT LIKE YOU I COULD PROBABLY GET BY WITH THE TOYOTA TUCOMA WICH IS SMALLER.I JUST CANT GIVE UP ON MY TUNDRA ITS ALL PAID FOR AND I DONT WANT TO START DOING CAR PAYMENTS AGAIN :finger004

THEY SAY 5 DOLLARS IS CLOSER THAN WE THINK ITS 3.69 RIGHT NOW WHERE I AM :shoot:

Get a Prius, you wanking Toyota driver. Jap cars/trucks are for pussies.