How often do 14-point underdogs in the NFL win outright?

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Bet against public money. Especially when the game is prime time. Game opened 9 and closed 14. What was the money line on Philadelphia

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Thank you, JK.

I figured you would know.

I took the Rams -9 when I heard Wentz was out.

There is an old saying: Bet on the injured team.

Players rally around for their injured teammates.

Works good short-term.

Last edited by a moderator:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
why don't u play railbird in January octagon challenge? didn't think so

Not under these rules: "The format is simple: Thirty plays over a 30-day period featuring NFL, NCAAF, NBA and NCAAB plays..........All plays at -110 or less and the handicapper with the higher winning percentage will be declared the winner. "

Under THESE rules - you'd clean my clock. Because I prefer taking +130 dogs than -105 faves. I also stink in the NBA and CBB and there won't be any/much NFL/CFB left.

I'd do it THIS way, though: 30-plays...........your pick can be any price you want it to be. Winner is the one with most units won (or least units lost).

If you notice the EOG BB Thread I am way under .500 but almost at B/E with units won. My winning plays are averaging +135ish so to have all plays graded -110 hurts me big time. Knowing there will be no NFL/CFB, I need to NHL included and having the Premier League, too - wouldn't hurt.

I'd be OK like this: Make 30 plays. On any sport. At any line. Units won determines the winner

MrTop

EOG Master
Finding Data like how many dogs win at +14 is it out there ??? CSW use to do a good job on a year by year case using the stardust lines. It did cost $89 per year but got bought out by cantor. CSW did it with one man. Yet Don Best does not have anything like it for free , paid or included on the premium. There is more sports betting than ever before now but. no where to be found on the internet in the same style that CSW delivered.

I cannot understand how come it is not sold today using 1 or 2 openers & closers. Probably the next biggest mystery next to what happens after death. ( yes , I know what railbird would
say )

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
One day when the time is right I will for for sure use the word "douchiest" in a sentence. Thanks Kane. I wonder if that was already in JK's glossary?

cyberbabble

EOG Addicted
KillerSports.com - sportsdatabase.com has the info. They have a query language that is fairly simple for basic queries. It is easy to get started.
There have been some questions about their line accuracy.

1989 thru 2018 to date, 208 games

H and line>=14 ----- home team is 14 or more dog
straight up 2-24, against spread 11-14-1

A and line>=14 ------ away team is 14 or more dog
straight up 16-166, against spread 93-87-2

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
KillerSports.com - sportsdatabase.com has the info. They have a query language that is fairly simple for basic queries. It is easy to get started.

Thanks for contributing, CYBERBABBLE.

Jb777

EOG Dedicated

Much appreciated (y)

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Finding Data like how many dogs win at +14 is it out there ??? CSW use to do a good job on a year by year case using the stardust lines. It did cost $89 per year but got bought out by cantor. CSW did it with one man. Yet Don Best does not have anything like it for free , paid or included on the premium. There is more sports betting than ever before now but. no where to be found on the internet in the same style that CSW delivered.

I cannot understand how come it is not sold today using 1 or 2 openers & closers. Probably the next biggest mystery next to what happens after death. ( yes , I know what railbird would
say )
There was a post two? years ago about betting favorites in NFL and favs at -2 or -3 had higher betting win rate than favs at -8 or more....