Huge terrible explosion in Beirut...Causes?

mr merlin

EOG Master
I heard stored ammonium nitrite, i heard a grain explosion, trump just called it an attack, It was a big one.

blueline

EOG Master
from WSJ

Beirut Explosion Caused by Fire Kills Dozens, Injures Thousands
The blast occurred after a warehouse with highly explosive material at a port in the Lebanese capital caught fire

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Three US Defense Department officials told CNN that as of Tuesday night there was no indication that the massive explosion that rocked Beirut on Tuesday were an "attack," contradicting an earlier claim from President Donald Trump.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Three US Defense Department officials told CNN that as of Tuesday night there was no indication that the massive explosion that rocked Beirut on Tuesday were an "attack," contradicting an earlier claim from President Donald Trump.
Anytime someone talks to CNN instead of a real network, you have to figure it's political.

blueline

EOG Master

trump lied again?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Here we go, more political bullshit up here.

Two of the better posters, Kane and Merlin get suspended for less yet some of the others carry on.....

Sigh.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Damn, said blew the windows out of buildings 10 kilometers away??

What is that, like 6.5 miles or so?

That is a fing blast!

So sorry for the people caught up in this....

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Damn, said blew the windows out of buildings 10 kilometers away??

What is that, like 6.5 miles or so?

That is a fing blast!

So sorry for the people caught up in this....

saw McVeigh used 4,000 pounds of fertilizer.

the explosion in beirut had 2.7 METRIC TONS of fertilizer.

I think this was planned.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
drama.....suspend me if need be

No drama, just post that bullshit where it belongs.

We get it, we get it, YOU DON'T LIKE THE POTUS!!!

JFC!!?? Why up here another million times, post it down there with the other idiots.

No, Kelly isn't going to ban you, that's why everyone posts politics up here when they want.....

blueline

EOG Master
No drama, just post that bullshit where it belongs.

We get it, we get it, YOU DON'T LIKE THE POTUS!!!

JFC!!?? Why up here another million times, post it down there with the other idiots.

No, Kelly isn't going to ban you, that's why everyone posts politics up here when they want.....

its all drama....I post a 3 word response to Try3's post.....how many other political posts have I made in the " new" version of the main forum?

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'd say there's two prime suspects. Israel and Hezbollah.
Hard to say, if they really had a warehouse full of the stuff, it could have been an accident. But the fact it just happened to kill a leader of an opposition party suggests otherwise.

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
its all drama....I post a 3 word response to Try3's post.....how many other political posts have I made in the " new" version of the main forum?

First off Try never posted anything political, he stayed away from it like he always does.

Secondly I never mentioned your name or anyone else.

I like you Blue, I like your posts, always have. I'm just sick of hearing, reading, talking about all this crap....

I go to FB and my feed is dominated by idiots on both sides. I watch sports and now it's getting more and more about everything but athletics.

I come to gamble, here again posters want to bring the forum to who we vote for rather than who we bet on.

Why? Everyone was asked NICELY by JK several times not to do it, PLEASE post it down there so we can go back to sports/gambling up here.

Not my rules but we were promised no more politics up here, we're promised this would be a clean zone and man do I ever need it.

I just don't understand why people wouldn't voluntarily help JK out and do as asked?

Why is imperative we all know how much someone likes/dislikes POTUS 1500 times a day?

No drama, just help us out man, please.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
The thread will be moved. Some guys are just to stupid to post sports threads in a sports forum.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The thread will be moved. Some guys are just to stupid to post sports threads in a sports forum.

I am not stupid...I am just following what I see are political comments and letting those in charge know that a thread has turned political...don’t care if I get banned because nobody has been warned since Kane got banned...

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I read it was 2700 metric tons, 1000 times more.
where does a group get that much from?

how long does it take to plan to get this much?

this had to be some big sales which should have made someone scratch their heads at the quantity being sold.

if windows 10 km away were blown out how was there only 70 deaths?

It would appear that there was enough power at the epicenter to destroy anything in the 1 km radius.

mr merlin

EOG Master
where does a group get that much from?

how long does it take to plan to get this much?

this had to be some big sales which should have made someone scratch their heads at the quantity being sold.

if windows 10 km away were blown out how was there only 70 deaths?

It would appear that there was enough power at the epicenter to destroy anything in the 1 km radius.
Apparently it was 2700 tons, and it's been sitting in a warehouse since 2014 when it was seized from a ship, why they let it sit their so long, and all together is a good question. i'm leaning against a planned attack.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Apparently it was 2700 tons, and it's been sitting in a warehouse since 2014 when it was seized from a ship, why they let it sit their so long, and all together is a good question. i'm leaning against a planned attack.
Makes it an easy target for someone that is looking to do damage.

The warehouse situation makes me lean toward it not being planned.