I 100% agree with Jimmy Butler

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I would go as far as saying he is one of the few athletes in the NBA who gets it, if not in all of sports.

People don’t care anymore and that needs to change.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yea, making a scene at practice, screaming at everyone, bragging about yourself, all because an ESPN news crew just happens to be there, that's the way to lead.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I love Jimmy Butler on the court, not so much off it.

Too erratic.

Self-made star in a league full of gifted players.

Butler made a good point about his teammates Karl-Anthony Towns ("best player on the team") and Andrew Wiggins ("most natural talent on the team"), implying they don't need to try and they're soft.

Butler described himself as the team's hardest worker.

Last edited:

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
been bad chemistry soon after he came here.

Just another jinx situation for the troubled timberwolves.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It’s like being sober in a room full of drunk guys. Butler is proven. He plays defense. He gives it his all. I can’t say the same for Wiggins and Towns.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It takes effort to play defense in the NBA.

Butler puts his body on the line every night.

That's what I like about him.

He's a two-way player in a league filled with offensive stars (Curry, Harden, etc.).

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
figures the Timberwolves get the one guy who cant fit into the NBA, becasue he wants to play 100% out of control intense night after night.

We just want a playoff run or two its not asking that much.

I dont want guys bleeding or dying on the court and getting injured nightly so we cant see them. its the damn NBA for goodness sakes.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Thibodeau looks like an enabler.

I've downgraded him.
Tibs had a good rep when he came here, turns out he's just a one note song, trying to bring back all his old players to relive the past. if he was a good coach he could succeed with a new batch of players.

kane

EOG master
Minnesota cancelled practice today, what a mess this has become, just trade the guy and move on

MrTop

EOG Master
NBA is a circus. Meanwhile I will send them $249 next week for NBA package to help them out since they are struggling.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
If the Wolves want to improve they need to get some 3 point shooters. Trading Butler for 2 good 3pt shooters would not be a bad trade. One starter and one swingman.

MrTop

EOG Master
keeping butler is worse. Get rid of him now. The other teams are waiting by the phone hoping twolves call .Then they will all low ball the wolves

cut the losses now

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Exactly, trade Butler for some 3pt shooting. It's a new game now you need to have multiple guys who can hit the 3

kane

EOG master
When you trade a star you never get back equal value, Thibs knows this considering how little he gave up to get Jimmy from Chicago, so either they move him or deal with the mess in the locker room all season

MrTop

EOG Master
I respectfully disagree. The back end of a trade usually does better when getting rid of a star. There have been bad trades yes for stars but usually when the team is not under pressure. The wolves should do really bad here in a trade , all the GM's in the NBA have ESPN on and are next to the phone . Twolves should get 2 high school players now. LOL

Gabe

Horse racing expert
I love Jimmy Butler on the court, not so much off it.

Too erratic.

Self-made star in a league full of gifted players.

Butler made a good point about his teammates Karl-Anthony Towns ("best player on the team") and Andrew Wiggins ("most natural talent on the team"), implying they don't need to try and they're soft.

Butler described himself as the team's hardest worker.

JK, my man. Aren't you being a little too hard on JB?

He doesn't take bullshit and wants to win, imo he's a breath of fresh air.

kane

EOG master
JK, my man. Aren't you being a little too hard on JB?

He doesn't take bullshit and wants to win, imo he's a breath of fresh air.
Personally I love him as a player, but John makes a good point. Jimmy wasn't happy in Chicago and wanted out, a year later he's not happy in Minnesota and wants out, it's not a good look when this happens twice in two years

MrTop

EOG Master
I wonder if butler will turn into "Operation shut down " like derek bell of the pirates from years ago.

Heim

EOG Master
Can you disrespect the GM and at minimum not get suspended? During a preseason game in Hawaii Shaq made a basket and turned towards Jerry Buss and
yelled 'pay me'......he was traded the next year. That's Shaq.....who the fuck is Jimmy Butler??

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
The company you keep but he has no choice in that regard other than to demand a trade to a team that actually wants to win and play together. Im telling you. Wiggins and Towns are pieces of shit who dont have any motivation to get better or play defense.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Can you disrespect the GM and at minimum not get suspended? During a preseason game in Hawaii Shaq made a basket and turned towards Jerry Buss and
yelled 'pay me'......he was traded the next year. That's Shaq.....who the fuck is Jimmy Butler??

Good memory.

Funny quote but the best Laker quote of all-time comes from Nick Van Exel: "1, 2, 3...Cancun."

Some reports say Van Exel was only joking after a practice before Game 4 of the 1998 Western Conference Finals with the Jazz leading the Best-of-7 series, three games to none.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
From an article in May of this year.

As a result, the addition of Butler did absolutely nothing to improve his advanced statistics, which, for the most part, ended at career worsts. Last year, Wiggins (while playing the most minutes in the league) was basically the least efficient volume scorer in the NBA. His true shooting percentage, 50.5 percent, was more akin to Carmelo Anthony, whose team has performed better with him on the bench all year.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Nick Van Exel said:
"I say things all the time as far as, 'Well, this is my last game with you guys. See you again when I come in here with 40,' just to keep guys loose and laughing. It’s just when things are going wrong, somebody says something wrong, especially me, it seems to be blown out of proportion and people get to finger-pointing. Everyone who was in that locker room with me knows I’d never give up on the team. But finger-pointing happens. I never meant anything wrong."

kane

EOG master
Butler doesn't like the attitude of KAT and Wiggins, he doesn't like their work ethic, or lack thereof, they don't work hard or play defense. This is why he would be a perfect fit in Miami, they're everything he likes, the Heat are a tough minded, physical, defensive oriented team, they don't have any stars, but they're a group of hard working grinders, the Heat are Jimmy's type of organization.

kane

EOG master

Shaq was traded because he wasn't getting along with Kobe, given their ages at the time it was an easy decision which guy to move. Had Shaq said the same thing to Buss when he first got there, no chance the Lakers trade him

Heim

EOG Master
Shaq was traded because he wasn't getting along with Kobe, given their ages at the time it was an easy decision which guy to move. Had Shaq said the same thing to Buss when he first got there, no chance the Lakers trade him

Kobe was almost traded to the Bulls. It was never a clear choice early with Buss. He liked them both. The beat writers in Hawaii claimed Buss was embarrassed by Shaq and was the tipping point off-season.