I got it! Sadly

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I text JK earlier today but.................

I GOT IT!

Sadly!

Nephew got it. It took some time but now I have it. I got tested Tuesday and won't get the results until this weekend but I am 99.999999999% sure I got it.

Signs to look for: Fatigue, Body Aches, Fever, Coughing

Check. Check. Check. Check

I am exhausted now. I feel like I did last year when I got the Chemo put into me. I would get my first dose around 10P and by the time I woke up around 6A I WAS DONE!

Only time I am leaving the house is to walk the pooch to the park up the street and make sure I don't get close to anyone

UGH!

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Sounds like you do have Covid-19. Take care, don't do anything to get short of breath. Get well soon.

Obviously, you have had auto-immune problems, but not many other co-morbidities like obesity . The odds are vastly in your favor, but monitor your temperature closely. Keep your Doctor appraised of your status.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Winky, get well soon.

Make sure you get enough vitamin D3 and Zinc to help fight the infection. Be especially vigilant around day 10 or so of the onset of your infection as many people take a turn for the worse around that time. If you make it past that, hopefully you'll be good to go.

Sounds like good advice from ComptrBob, too.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Sounds like you do have Covid-19. Take care, don't do anything to get short of breath. Get well soon.

Obviously, you have had auto-immune problems, but not many other co-morbidities like obesity . The odds are vastly in your favor, but monitor your temperature closely. Keep your Doctor appraised of your status.

Gunny you mention that. I saw the doc about a month ago to go over the results of my most recent scan. I asked about this. he said as long as it has been I am no longer have an auto-immune problem.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Funny you mention that. I saw the doc about a month ago to go over the results of my most recent scan. I asked about this. he said as long as it has been I am no longer have an auto-immune problem.

That's great news.

Primarily, we rely on our antibody response and ultimately T-cells to fight the virus. Its an amazing system, even sometimes it goes overboard with something called an cytokine storm in which the body overreacts to the virus, causes more damage than good, and can be fatal.

Last edited:

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Funny you mention that. I saw the doc about a month ago to go over the results of my most recent scan. I asked about this. he said as long as it has been I am no longer have an auto-immune problem.

Good news indeed.

I've heard from my cousin who is a pediatric emergency room physician that your immune response slowly recovers after chemotherapy ends. I'm not sure what that time frame is. I should have asked, but I didn't.

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Some good advice here.

WINKY, a positive mental attitude is also a plus.

The mind and body are connected.

(Not sure about the soul).

Stay strong.

I don't have a choice. I have it. I have to deal with it. I have to be smart about it or end up a statistic.

I am almost certain I know how I got it. The nephew works 2 days a week at some PT place. I am almost certain he got it from someone there. It took time to rise up ad be noticed and by then....................

I feel bad for him. He graduates from Long Beach next week. We were going to have a big celebration for him since his B-day is Dec 20. All that will have to wait until he comes back from seeing his parents in Vegas sometime in early 2021.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Get well Wink.

I have several close friends currently hospitalized with covid. I've heard the body aches are awful.

True! I am just sitting down doing hardly anything and I ache. I also have chills even though it is warm outside and inside and I have a sweatshirt on

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
do we have to hear from every poster with a head cold.......cancer, shoulder pain, fevers......who cares, what pussies....i know gamblers dont have friends or especially girlfriends but sob are you so pathetic that you have to cry about every hang nail and stubbed toe just to get someone to notice you..

eye on feel sorry for me
eye on someone notice me
eye on im lonely
eye on i have diarrhea

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
with winky dipshits record on plays that have 99.9999 pct chance of winning, that would give him having covid a 30pct chance....

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Sorry to hear your Current misfortune
Time to Stay extra strong like you always do
Wishing you a Very speedy and full recovery

billysink

EOG Dedicated
True! I am just sitting down doing hardly anything and I ache. I also have chills even though it is warm outside and inside and I have a sweatshirt on

Try at very least to stay stretched out and keep the circulatory moving as best you can. I got some my family with clotting issues.

You a tough out anyway all the best to you

Sinker.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Try at very least to stay stretched out and keep the circulatory moving as best you can. I got some my family with clotting issues.

You a tough out anyway all the best to you

Sinker.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my 3rd Chemo visit last year I got a blood clot in my right leg. It hurt like hell. I got it because I was in bed most of the day because I simply had no desire to get out of it.

The next 3 visits I made it a point to walk a mile every day. I was told 21 laps around the nurse station was a mile. So I did 6 laps one way and 6 the other then a few hours later did 5 and 5. I had a crutch under the left arm and used the IV machine to hold on with my left arm. It took every last ounce of strength and stamina I had to do this but I did it because blood clots are no fun at all.

So I am walking around some. I will be taking the dog up the street to the park every night and that is about an 0.25 mile total walk. Better than nothing and I will walk around the backyard, too

I keep my arms "busy" some "other" way:eek:

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Damn, get well soon. Did you get the test results back? Because alot of those symptoms are also bad cold/Flu. You didn't mention loss of taste/smell, and that seems to be an every time symptom.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
You better stay alive until December 20. After I get paid, tweets and prayers.

Dell Dude 61-657-2 +1,282.29 UNITS (Trump to be named president on 12/20/2020 at 10/1

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
every test out there is same day results.....how do you take a test on tuesday and have to wait until this wkend for results.....did you send the q-tip sample in the mail to dr fauci to review personally....

smells like a jessie smollet sympathy grab....18mo of cancer pity wasnt enuff i guess