I have a question about rollover at Pinnacle

The_Man

EOG Senior Member
Does a money line wager count toward the rollover requirement and if so, does the book go by amount being risked or amount to win ?

Sammy said:
Does a money line wager count toward the rollover requirement and if so, does the book go by amount being risked or amount to win ?

Yes, and it is amount risked....must be on a bonus?

JC

EOG Veteran
Any reputable shop will count money line bets and count the amount risked whether favorite or dog.

The_Man

EOG Senior Member
Yes, it is a bonus. Don't plan on cashing out until after the superbowl anyway, but couldn't find the info from website. Thanks.

Sammy said:
Yes, it is a bonus. Don't plan on cashing out until after the superbowl anyway, but couldn't find the info from website. Thanks.

Its pretty much an industry standard that rollover is always amount risked...

Good Luck

G

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Different shops do it differently. I have seen the debate before also and some use the lesser as stated.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Bonus roll-over calculations: The lesser of the risk and win amounts is used, unless the wager is a loss then risk amount is used. 'no action' wagers will not be used in the calculations.

Help me understand how it is mis-leading when it is in the written rules before one posts-up.

Thanks

Sam Odom

EOG Master
so-in-so is a -800 fav, some books get pissed when bonus requirements are met by risking 800 to win a 100, they rather see you bet -110. BUT when the -800 fav loses the books dont mind as much:doh1

JC

EOG Veteran
Because in big letters it says XX% Bonus, Y times rollover.

Everyone knows that "rollover" refers to the amount of times you must play the deposit plus bonus to keep the bonus free and clear. The amount of money in play is the amount risked whether or not it is a favorite or dog.

What's deceptive at some books is that you have to dig down into the fine print in the rules to read that it is the lesser amount and not the amount risked. While this may be acceptable because they state it in the rules ahead of time, it is misleading since they advertise, "XX% Bonus, Y times rollover" which on its own means something else entirely.

JC

EOG Veteran
Sam Odom said:
so-in-so is a -800 fav, some books get pissed when bonus requirements are met by risking 800 to win a 100, they rather see you bet -110. BUT when the -800 fav loses the books dont mind as much:doh1

The expected hold on a heavy moneyline wager should be the same whether players bet the favorite or the dog. This is why these "lesser amount" rules are unethical. Players are not getting credit for legitimate action where the house has a theoretical hold.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
JC, I will without hesitation defer to you when it comes to the math of Booking:D

How's 'life' now? Good I hope!