I have officially gone BONKERS on this fight tonight

alkoholiks

EOG Veteran
Re: I have officially gone BONKERS on this fight tonight

yeah oscar gave the green light to stop the fight

De La Hoya quit if he came out in the 9th he was leaving the fight on a stretcher and maybe dead

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

They aren't "Reporting"

Oscar did quit after/prior to the 9th round

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

if he was scared, all he had to do was call me Prior to OU game when I had $650 & I would have Bought him a DOG

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Wow this is why I don't bet boxing. Oscar didn't even put on any weight from the time of weigh in. Disgusting show by Oscar.

Everyone says Manny is the best pound for pound boxer, he is in his prime and yet he is an underdog because he steps up a weight class??

OK :doh1

Matt Rain

EOG Enthusiast

Everyone says Manny is the best pound for pound boxer, he is in his prime and yet he is an underdog because he steps up a weight class??

OK :doh1

In fact, he stepped up THREE classes. Officially, he went from 135 to 147(skipping 140 along the way), but that was just one fight after stepping up from 130 to 135.

That was some siiiiick shit.

In fact, he stepped up THREE classes. Officially, he went from 135 to 147(skipping 140 along the way), but that was just one fight after stepping up from 130 to 135.

That was some siiiiick shit.

Impressive, no doubt... Money May?

waco

EOG Dedicated

Manny didn't have a mark on him after the fight. Oscar looked like someone hit him in the face with a baseball bat. The round before the finish, his corner told him to start throwing punches or they were going to call it. When he got back to the corner, they asked him at least 2 times if he wanted to continue. He didn't say anything and his corner knew he had enough. What a beating he took. wow

Qtip

EOG Addicted

Wow this is why I don't bet boxing. Oscar didn't even put on any weight from the time of weigh in. Disgusting show by Oscar.

Ya I heard the announcers mention that too. I think I read somewhere that Pacman actually outweighed DLH at the start of the fight. Very odd to me.

Manny didn't have a mark on him after the fight. Oscar looked like someone hit him in the face with a baseball bat. The round before the finish, his corner told him to start throwing punches or they were going to call it. When he got back to the corner, they asked him at least 2 times if he wanted to continue. He didn't say anything and his corner knew he had enough. What a beating he took. wow

Anyone who says Oscar bitched out has never taken a beating like that.. They only thing that couldve happened to Oscar from RD 9-12 would have been for him to end up one step closer to a condition that Freddy Roach, Riddick Bowe, Ali, Frazier, Meldrick Taylor are in... it was over.

weight was not the problem, pac fought a perfect fight and got in on de la hoya all night

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

What a joke of a fight! It was over in the first 5 seconds... De la Hoya is toast

weight was not the problem, pac fought a perfect fight and got in on de la hoya all night

fellow boxing enthusiast.. 12io4j2w90AJ, my man.

like i was just saying in another thread, oscar is great, in his prime this wouldve been a classic match

waco

EOG Dedicated

Yes, Manny did outweigh him and the anouncers couldn't figure that out. One anouncer said he might of been sick. This was said before the fight.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I didn't have a bet on this fight...but it smells of bad laydown... De La had enough in the tank to throw some haymaykers before he threw in the towel

Don't confuse a laydown with a beatdown. A laydown drops first or second round to avoid 8 punishing rounds. Was a good move not to come back out, would have been risking permanent injury at that juncture. I was telling anyone who listened Pacman walks around 155 to 160 in the PI. Everyone kept saying, Oscar is so much bigger, well, not really, and way past his prime. Worst ass kickin and face pummeling Oscar ever absorbed. Time to quit. Can't even dream of a rematch. And he was lining up other fights after he was to beat Pacman. Guess not.

Best Wishes...OF oij213490

Don't confuse a laydown with a beatdown. A laydown drops first or second round to avoid 8 punishing rounds. Was a good move not to come back out, would have been risking permanent injury at that juncture. I was telling anyone who listened Pacman walks around 155 to 160 in the PI. Everyone kept saying, Oscar is so much bigger, well, not really, and way past his prime. Worst ass kickin and face pummeling Oscar ever absorbed. Time to quit. Can't even dream of a rematch. And he was lining up other fights after he was to beat Pacman. Guess not.

Dead on, if Oscar came back out he was not leaving the ring under his own power

Oscar would fight Floyd Mayweather 100 times over before he would fight Manny again.

We knew we had him after the first round," Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach said. "He had no legs, he was hesitant and he was shot."
Roach trained De La Hoya in his last big fight a year ago and said De La Hoya simply couldn't throw punches when he needed in that fight. That was magnified even more against Pacquiao, who not only was as elusive as Floyd Mayweather Jr. but threw punches back that kept De La Hoya off pace.
"Freddie, you're right," De La Hoya told the trainer after the fight. "I just don't have it anymore."

Sad to see Oscar really just have nothing anymore, but that time comes...

Floyd was nice to just dance all fight and get a easy win.. Manny went out to take ODLH's head off and did

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Wow. Sorry to all those that I lead in the wrong direction. Pacman just gets better every fight. Kudos to all those on the right side tonight.12io4j2w90

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

What's up Froggy? Did you see this one playing out like this? I'm in shock right now. I just couldn't imagine that Pacman could be that dominant in this one.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

We knew we had him after the first round," Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach said. "He had no legs, he was hesitant and he was shot."
Roach trained De La Hoya in his last big fight a year ago and said De La Hoya simply couldn't throw punches when he needed in that fight. That was magnified even more against Pacquiao, who not only was as elusive as Floyd Mayweather Jr. but threw punches back that kept De La Hoya off pace.
"Freddie, you're right," De La Hoya told the trainer after the fight. "I just don't have it anymore."

Sad to see Oscar really just have nothing anymore, but that time comes...

Floyd was nice to just dance all fight and get a easy win.. Manny went out to take ODLH's head off and did

Floyd was a patty cake patty cake show, and many moons ago. Oscar was OK in his mind, but physically, his skills are gone. You could not even drag the best out there with such a bad break in activity, one soup can in over 18 months, to fighting top guys every fight, often. Worst possible matchup, and Oscar's handlers knew this. He overruled him because Freddie baited Oscar and disrespected him. But no patty cake from Pacman, he plays smash face. He hits with intent to inflict pain and injury. Next round Oscar meets the canvas and risks concussion/coma/death. He was not going to get better after that beating, and Pacman looked fresh and untouched. Would have been a much uglier ending. I actually respect Oscar more with his moment of clarity after the fight, yes bud, you are done.

Speed kills!!!

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

What's up Froggy? Did you see this one playing out like this? I'm in shock right now. I just couldn't imagine that Pacman could be that dominant in this one.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1477886 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 09-05-08, 08:09 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #69 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>OMNIVOROUS FROG<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1477886", true); </SCRIPT>
NBA FROG

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1477886 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Used to be Golden Boy may be bigger, but he is slower, older and just about done. When Pacman rips his chin with that right, we will see why Oscar made a mistake not listening to his handlers.

Pacman will find Oscar an inviting slow target.

Best wishes...oF :+excited-
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Was ready for this one to even be made. The early price was the best though. Just figured Oscar was old slow and done, and Pacman would be able to hit him easily, at will. I thought Oscar would go down fighting, but not answering the bell? He lost more than a fight here. He was really hurting bad, and got a free ride to the hospital even finishing on his stool. Not very macho to end up like that. Was actually sad. Very good dog here. Every round winner on my card.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

<table class="tborder" id="post1477886" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 09-05-08, 08:09 AM </td><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #69 </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175">OMNIVOROUS FROG<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1477886", true); </script>
NBA FROG

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1477886" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"> Re: I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1">Used to be Golden Boy may be bigger, but he is slower, older and just about done. When Pacman rips his chin with that right, we will see why Oscar made a mistake not listening to his handlers.

Pacman will find Oscar an inviting slow target.

Best wishes...oF :+excited-
</td></tr><tr><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Was ready for this one to even be made. The early price was the best though. Just figured Oscar was old slow and done, and Pacman would be able to hit him easily, at will. I thought Oscar would go down fighting, but not answering the bell? He lost more than a fight here. He was really hurting bad, and got a free ride to the hospital even finishing on his stool. Not very macho to end up like that. Was actually sad. Very good dog here. Every round winner on my card.

My card too. Congrats.:cheers

Matt Rain

EOG Enthusiast

No match.. Manny would waste Hatton..

Money May! Money May! Money May!

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your call on Hatton-Pac... I'm done having an opinion on boxing for a while. :+textinb3
Mayweather is probably very happily retired right now. No way he comes back to face Manny unless he gets a really stupid offer. 50+ million.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your call on Hatton-Pac... I'm done having an opinion on boxing for a while. :+textinb3
Mayweather is probably very happily retired right now. No way he comes back to face Manny unless he gets a really stupid offer. 50+ million.

It will.

As good as PAC is and he is DAMN GOOD... if the mayweather fight happens people are going to take tonight the wrong way.. Yes he beat the holy living fuck out of de la hoya but that doesn't mean much due to the shape DLH is in

As good as PAC is and he is DAMN GOOD... if the mayweather fight happens people are going to take tonight the wrong way.. Yes he beat the holy living fuck out of de la hoya but that doesn't mean much due to the shape DLH is in

I dont know bud, he pulverized Oscar... Mayweather even lost rounds against him

this is true... totally different style of fight though. May went at it 100% different then Manny

Matt Rain

EOG Enthusiast

Anyway, I dunno that there is enough mainstream interest in a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight to guarantee such a huge purse. Mayweather has never been a huge seller in the States.

IMO, Hatton-Pacquiao would be a nice way to solidify Manny's #1 P4P status - then he can try to lure Mayweather into coming out of retirement.

Anyway, I dunno that there is enough mainstream interest in a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight to guarantee such a huge purse. Mayweather has never been a huge seller in the States.

IMO, Hatton-Pacquiao would be a nice way to solidify Manny's #1 P4P status - then he can try to lure Mayweather into coming out of retirement.

I think it would be extremely hyped.. perhaps the biggest weve seen since I dont know, one of Tyson's old fights.. like Holyfield or Lennox

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I just don't see a lot of fighters lining up to take the beatings Pacman delivers. He pretty much beat the shit out of Diaz also. And he just killed Oscar. I think ended his great career. You never come out looking good after fighting Pacman. He hits with intent to injure, not to score points or look defensive. I don't see anyone out there in his class, no one.