I LIKE PITTSBURGH..............

munson15

I want winners...
I think the Penguins' young legs and hunger for a Stanley Cup will carry the day. Detroit might not even fill the arena with the economy being so bad and Pittsburgh has the revenge angle working from last year's Finals. I have a feeling Fleury might outplay Osgood and if that's the case, I can see the Penguins stealing a game in Detroit and finishing off the Red Wings in 6 hardfought games.91023i2ndw;l

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: I LIKE PITTSBURGH..............

Good luck Munson...thanks for your thoughts on the series. Need all the help I can get. :houra

munson15

I want winners...

Be warned, D. I always look for a reason to back the dog. Nothing like those + odds to get my juices flowing.:+textinb3

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

lol Munson...I'm usually a dog hunter first in most sports as well. Out of my 300 side wagers for hockey around 60 were faves with about 15-20 above -120. From what I learned this year hockey dogs are the way to go. 91023i2ndw;l

I think the Penguins' young legs and hunger for a Stanley Cup will carry the day. Detroit might not even fill the arena with the economy being so bad and Pittsburgh has the revenge angle working from last year's Finals. I have a feeling Fleury might outplay Osgood and if that's the case, I can see the Penguins stealing a game in Detroit and finishing off the Red Wings in 6 hardfought games.91023i2ndw;l

Good point - let's not forget all the Pittsburgh fans that headed to Detroit for the Super Bowl a few years ago. Might be quite a few of them there as the series goes on.

munson15

I want winners...

Good point - let's not forget all the Pittsburgh fans that headed to Detroit for the Super Bowl a few years ago. Might be quite a few of them there as the series goes on.
That was partly what I was driving at, I should have elaborated. And, I do think it can be a factor. If Fleury holds up, not stand on his head, but just hold up his end, I think they have a great shot.

munson15

I want winners...

lol Munson...I'm usually a dog hunter first in most sports as well. Out of my 300 side wagers for hockey around 60 were faves with about 15-20 above -120. From what I learned this year hockey dogs are the way to go. 91023i2ndw;l
Only took me 20 years to learn that, D. I'm guessing you're way ahead of that curve.:cheers

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I like the Wings but not real crazy about laying -160ish

will probably find my spots to make indy game plays and nothing more UNLESS Pens win G1 and i can now get Wings at "plus money"

FLIP-A-COIN

EOG Addicted

I like the Wings but not real crazy about laying -160ish

will probably find my spots to make indy game plays and nothing more UNLESS Pens win G1 and i can now get Wings at "plus money"

Detroit is only -145 at Bookmaker. That line makes me sick to my stomach as I LOVE Pittsburgh in this series now I only get +125 for the series on them :shoot:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Detroit is only -145 at Bookmaker. That line makes me sick to my stomach as I LOVE Pittsburgh in this series now I only get +125 for the series on them :shoot:

i see Wings -145 now a well. gonna take them and WHEN theyw in G1 come back on the Pens and guarantee myself a profit no matter who wns - maybe

munson15

I want winners...

i see Wings -145 now a well. gonna take them and WHEN theyw in G1 come back on the Pens and guarantee myself a profit no matter who wns - maybe
Did you come back with the Pens? Looked like 2-1 this morning.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Did you come back with the Pens? Looked like 2-1 this morning.

NO - i did not. thought about coming back with Pens today iin G2 knowing if Pitt loses today it is OVAH and if i played Pitt today and they won i can still cash both tix - but decided to sit tight and do nothing. read something that made al ot of sense - saying if there was a team that would be negatively affected by B2B it would be Pitt more than Det because Pitt plays fewer guys and plays their stars for longer minutes - so if anything Det should be fresher and more well rested - and that made a lot of sense and the more i thought about it the more i agreed

having said that unless i get priced off it i WILL be on Pitt in g3 when we have 3-in-4...........THAT is when Pit will have an advantage

munson15

I want winners...

Still think the Penguins will show up for the games in Pittsburgh and possibly climb back into it.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

The home ice advantage with the last change will favour PIT greatly to get Crosby away from Zetterberg and Lidstrom. By forcing quick changes from DET, then PIT and their forwards should be able to get on track. At the same time, PIT needs to find some secondary scoring, just like the Wings have had so far. DET stars have been effective but not necessarily scoring. Helm, Ericsson and others have scored for the Wings. They also chew up precious time on the ice to allow the Wings stars to get rested and fresh. Should be a good game tonight.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

are the 2 det injured players back tonight?

not sure but i would be stunned if they are. UP 2-0 i can't think of 1 good reason to bring them back - especially on the road where the home tam gets the last line change meaning Pitt can match up whoever they want on them

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

FWIW - I think that Datsyuk has a broken foot and will not return in this series period. The Wings have won without him, and they will continue to have to do so. No hopes of his return in my mind on the horizon. That injury looked like a puck off the laces from a point shot, the same type shot that broke Brendan Shanahan's foot a couple years back. Lidstrom is back and Draper who skated in the warm up for Game 2 but not the game can return at any time. The rumour was that Samuelsson would be rested in Game 3 and Draper put in, but that did not occur.

munson15

I want winners...

Pens really took it to them in the 2d last night. This has a chance to be a great finish.

munson15

I want winners...

Have been looking for a reason to take the Pens, but Detroit is so cool and experienced, I think the Pens may have an "Orlando" moment or two that will cost them.

global24

EOG Veteran

Munson I would tend to agree with you but the line really has me troubled, I thought detroit would be a -145ish favorite, but with such steep odds maybe the oddsmakers are thinking the way you are as well. BOL tonight.

munson15

I want winners...

The Wings have made the errors in this game so far, a shocking development.:doh1Not over yet, Detroit will throw everything but the kitchen sink at them in the 3rd.:pop:

munson15

I want winners...

What a great game and an amazing postseason run by Pittsburgh. Nice to see youth be served, sorry Newbie. You know I love the Original Six.12io4j2w90

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Kudos for the call here Munson. Hope that you profited from your selection. It was not meant to be. The battered Wings ran out of gas, and looked it in Game 7. Note that Lidstrom has testicular surgery in Game 4 of the Hawks series from a spear in the nuts by Patrick Sharp. Ouch! Also too note the Ericsson had his appendix removed in the Hawks series as well. Two defence playing after surgery.

Rafalski who looked tired had back problems and Draper, Cleary were slowed by groin injuries. This is no excuse as all teams after this marathon have guys who are banged up. I had wished for a more determined effort in Game 7. Credit to the Pens defence and the defensive scheme. The Pens won 4 of the last 5 games. Impressive. Well done Munson. Training camps open in 3 months. NHL draft is a week from Friday in Montreal! Free Agency begins July 1 and we see if Hossa re-signs with the Wings long term.