I love soup

kane

EOG master
There's nothing more nourishing on a cold winter's day than a piping hot bowl of soup. Okay, so I don't even know what a cold winter's day feels like, but nonetheless I still love soup, here are my top 5 in no special order. Let's see your favorites

Chicken Noodle
Split Pea with Ham
New England Clam Chowder
Minestrone
French Onion

Honorable Mention

Lobster Bisque
Navy bean
Tomato Soup

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
If you haven’t already
Go to any good
Thai Restaurant and order their chicken noodle soup.
Whatever it costs and it’s not much it’s money well spent.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I like some, too

When I get a can of Tomato I add MILK instead of water. Makes it much creamier and better. I've been eating it that way my entire life and not sure I'd want it with water now.

Only bad thing about some of your soup choices.......Sodium

Keep in mind most cans are more than 1 serving so whatever the numbers are you usually have to multiply them by at least 2 and in some cases 2.5 and that quickly turns a good meal into one not as good

kane

EOG master
If you haven’t already
Go to any good
Thai Restaurant and order their chicken noodle soup.
Whatever it costs and it’s not much it’s money well spent.

I've only eaten Thai food a couple of times, but the next time I do I'll try the soup, thanks

kane

EOG master
I like some, too

When I get a can of Tomato I add MILK instead of water. Makes it much creamier and better. I've been eating it that way my entire life and not sure I'd want it with water now.

Only bad thing about some of your soup choices.......Sodium

Keep in mind most cans are more than 1 serving so whatever the numbers are you usually have to multiply them by at least 2 and in some cases 2.5 and that quickly turns a good meal into one not as good

I know Winky, and pretty much all soups are loaded with the stuff, the problem is I've tried low sodium soups before, and it sucked, certain foods need salt to give them flavor, and soup is one of them

Bigrunner

EOG Master
There's nothing more nourishing on a cold winter's day than a piping hot bowl of soup. Okay, so I don't even know what a cold winter's day feels like, but nonetheless I still love soup, here are my top 5 in no special order. Let's see your favorites

Chicken Noodle
Split Pea with Ham
New England Clam Chowder
Minestrone
French Onion

Honorable Mention

Lobster Bisque
Navy bean
Tomato Soup

I like them all. You left out Matzah Ball and Italian Wedding soup.
Also Sweet and sour cabbage.

MrTop

EOG Master

Chicken Noodle
Split Pea with Ham
New England Clam Chowder
Minestrone
French Onion

Honorable Mention

Lobster Bisque
Navy bean
Tomato Soup

no lentil ?

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

Chicken Noodle
Split Pea with Ham
New England Clam Chowder
Minestrone
French Onion

Honorable Mention

Lobster Bisque
Navy bean
Tomato Soup

Vegetable Beef
Tomato (with milk as Winkyduck suggests)
Chicken Noodle
Italian Wedding
Lobster Bisque

MrTop

EOG Master
I like yours.. split pea with no ham for me

anything with tomato is good for the heart the doc said.

French onion never had it.

chicken noodle overrated.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I know Winky, and pretty much all soups are loaded with the stuff, the problem is I've tried low sodium soups before, and it sucked, certain foods need salt to give them flavor, and soup is one of them

I agree on this. Sadly. When I cook something to requires the use of soup I always use low sodium. I make some tuna dish with "Cream of Celery" soup and always go for the Low Sodium one because you can taste the difference but otherwise just suck it up and make amends at another meal or another day

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I agree on this. Sadly. When I cook something to requires the use of soup I always use low sodium. I make some tuna dish with "Cream of Celery" soup and always go for the Low Sodium one because you can taste the difference but otherwise just suck it up and make amends at another meal or another day

Tuna Casserole? Peas, Pasta, green peppers, cream of celery or mushroom soup, and Tuna. Top with potato chips or Ritz crackers that are crunched. Bake for 30 minutes. Love this simple casserole.

svbettor

EOG Veteran
Two types of Thai Soup with chicken or shrimp

Tom Ka Kai - Same as Tom Yum except with a creamy coconut
Tom Yum - Thai Soup

I am a fan of this soup

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Tuna Casserole? Peas, Pasta, green peppers, cream of celery or mushroom soup, and Tuna. Top with potato chips or Ritz crackers that are crunched. Bake for 30 minutes. Love this simple casserole.

2-ish cups of elbow mac noodles
1 can of cream of celery soup.....then fill that can with milk and pour into pot
About 6-8 ounces of Cheese (I use Cheddar)
1 can of tuna

Cook the noodles and while doing it put the soup/milk/cheese/tuna in a pot but one big enough for the noodles to be added in

When the cheese is melted and the noodles are done pour the noodles into the cheese mixture pot. Cook in a 9-by-9 dish in the oven at about 365-degree but I also like putting some more cheddar cheese over the dish to melt it in and taste better. When the cheese is bubbling it is done

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
Just had 2 bowls of homemade Escarole soup for dinner. Cold as a witch's tit outside!

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
It's not one of my favorites, but I do like pea soup. Strange though, because I can't eat peas straight. Not even if you soaked them in butter.

Italian Wedding
Broccoli and cheese
Straticella with tortellini
Lentil
Chicken noodle

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Does chili qualify as soup?

Every NFL season a friend who has DirecTV Sunday NFL thing invites me to his house to watch games. He lives about 70 miles away. He lets me know he will not let me in the house unless I bring Chili and Mud Pie. I know he is not kidding so I bring both. In order to bring the Mud Pie on a Sunday I have to start making it no later than Wednesday

nut6

EOG Master
All of these I make homemade yummy

Guinness Stew
Chicken Marsala and wild rice
Tai Chicken and red curry
12 bean Cajun soup
Cream of Asparagus