ICBINK

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Fuck you, pussy. Poetic Justice. I told you when you first started your coup against the Crown that you had an ass-kicking coming, you just weren't good enough for us to do it. You tried to fuck us over but ended fucking yourself.

I dont want to hear any more BS about ICBINK being the best player in the world or 13-Klaws being the best team; they never were and I will never understand why the majority view was that they were.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Downgrade Kawhi only a fraction of a point.

I'll blame the Clippers collapse on the bubble and Doc Rivers.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

How overrrated is this guy?

It was a combination of Coaching and Culture.

I wrote this on Nov 15, 2019.....

I don't like their coaches (T-Lue is on the staff and trolled me for years) or their culture; PG13 fucked over and publically humiliated Doc;s daughter and Kawhi is clearly a Primaddonna. Kawhi is the only guy in the LG who could benefit from playing 2 out of 3 games?

While Beverely is my 4th favorite player, that isn't enough for me to pull for them.

I want, "I can't Believe it's not Butter,"....ooops, I meant to say, "I can't believe it's not Kawhi," fully fit for the ass-kicking he's going to get.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Once again, he's not who you think he is, I said this last year after he won a title. He had a ton of help and alot of good players around him. It takes a Village to win a Chip and people thought the Village would burn down w/out him..... not Uncle Bred. Tor did themselves proud.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good call, GameBred.

Doc falls to 6-8 in Game 7s.

The Western Conference took Doc Rivers and Frank Vogel away from the Eastern Conference.

The Eastern Conference now features the three best coaches in the game today: Brad Stevens, Eric Spoelstra and Nick Nurse.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good news for the Celtics, Heat and Raptors: Stevens is 43, Spoelstra is 49 and Nurse is 53.

Gregg Popovich, by the way, is 71.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Good call, GameBred.

Doc falls to 6-8 in Game 7s.

The Western Conference took Doc Rivers and Frank Vogel away from the Eastern Conference.

The Eastern Conference now features the three best coaches in the game today: Brad Stevens, Eric Spoelstra and Nick Nurse.

Thankfully, if UniBron gets to the Finals, the quality gap is too big for better coaching to matter much. I want to be clear, I don't dislike Vogel, he can just be extremely frustrating w/ some of his in-running decisions; I think he's a good coach save that.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If basketball were football, Frank Vogel would be a defensive coordinator.

His Pacers teams could really defend.

Kurt Rambis, a senior adviser to owner Jeanie Buss, endorsed Vogel.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If basketball were football, Frank Vogel would be a defensive coordinator.

His Pacers teams could really defend.

Kurt Rambis, a senior adviser to owner Jeanie Buss, endorsed Vogel.

He is a really good defensive coach, there is no denying that.

railbird

EOG Master

when Rivers quit 3 weeks ago i knew they were in trouble, Beverly injury was bad, picking up the racist cheapshot artist Morris and the useless Reggie Jackson did not help their chemstry at all. Rivers needs to be fired ASAP.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
when Rivers quit 3 weeks ago i knew they were in trouble, Beverly injury was bad, picking up the racist cheapshot artist Morris and the useless Reggie Jackson did not help their chemstry at all. Rivers needs to be fired ASAP.

He's really bad which is one of the reasons I couldn't see 13-Klaws beating UniBron 4 out of 7; ecspecially 7 games on the Road pre-bubble. In the bubble, they were still the better team w/ the better coaching and culture.... as foretold.

kane

EOG master

Kawhi had a 3-1 lead, PG was the guy he hand picked to play with, last night they both shit the bed, Doc wasn't the one missing all those shots, LMAO at him being better than LeBron. I was one of those who thought the Clipps would beat the Lakers, we'll never know, but last night completed an epic choke job

kane

EOG master

Rivers wasn't the one missing all those shots, Kawhi and his teammates choked, Kawhi = West Coast Soft

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Kawhi had a 3-1 lead, PG was the guy he hand picked to play with, last night they both shit the bed, Doc wasn't the one missing all those shots, LMAO at him being better than LeBron. I was one of those who thought the Clipps would beat the Lakers, we'll never know, but last night completed an epic choke job

Come on, Kane. I haven't jumped on you because I like you but they weren't beating UniBron, they weren't even good enough to get there and you thought they were the best team in the LG. Wait tilll you see what UniBron does to Denver.

P.S. Doc is terrible. His team wasn't mentally or schematically prepared and he got out-coached in both Rounds.

kane

EOG master
The NBA is all about matchups, the fact is we'll never know who wins a series between them since they wont play. Miami was a bad matchup for Milwaukee, doesn't mean the Bucks weren't a good team or a team that couldn't have beaten Boston, just that they didn't match up well with the Heat. You can think or assume the Lakers would have beaten the Clippers, but the reality is we'll never know, and had there been a Lakers/Clippers series I saw a couple books would have had the series pretty much a pick em

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The NBA is all about matchups, the fact is we'll never know who wins a series between them since they wont play. Miami was a bad matchup for Milwaukee, doesn't mean the Bucks weren't a good team or a team that couldn't have beaten Boston, just that they didn't match up well with the Heat. You can think or assume the Lakers would have beaten the Clippers, but the reality is we'll never know, and had there been a Lakers/Clippers series I saw a couple books would have had the series pretty much a pick em

Kane, we said we will see who is right about our UniBron v. 13-Klaws feud, you were wrong. 13-Klaws never has been and never was the best team in the LG. For them to Matchup, both have to be there, we held up our end of the bargain, 13-Klaws didn't. Yes, the NBA is about Matchups, the better team usually wins the matchup, that's how it works.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
but last night completed an epic choke job

How about giving the Nuggets some credit for playing well?

Unlike the Clippers who apparently quit when in the lead, the Nuggets never quit while down twice big in the 2nd half (16 points -- game 5, 19 points -- game 6).

How about giving the Nuggets some credit for playing well?

Unlike the Clippers who apparently quit when in the lead, the Nuggets never quit while down twice big in the 2nd half (16 points -- game 5, 19 points -- game 6).

The Nuggets and their fans prefer if you keep all the focus elsewhere. This team thrives on low expectations. The more we hear from Game about the greatness of Unibron, the better.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
I suspect the bubble, with all games being essentially neutral court games, has added a degree of randomness to the playoff results.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Because he might be the best coach in the league

I really don't follow the NBA close at all -- kind of like how you don't follow the NHL close at all -- so please enlighten me.

Also, didn't his Heat teams "fall off the map" after LeBron left? Wouldn't a good coach have had them more competitive?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The Nuggets and their fans prefer if you keep all the focus elsewhere. This team thrives on low expectations. The more we hear from Game about the greatness of Unibron, the better.

Low expectations? This is what I said on Jan 4th, 2020 in regards to UniBron Competetion:

Michael Porter Jr. is back for Denver so they could cause problems: I'll have to run some counter-surveilance to get a better handle on things.

Lo and behold, look who they are playing. I am all over this shit.

This is the kind of shit you say when someone nabs 76 about a 31 chance.

Fine argue it all you want, it's just under 2% edge. If you bet something at even that you are confident should be -110 you have earned a greater edge. That's just simple math.

You’re a full of shit poster who is dumber than a box of fucking rocks. Getting 76 about a 31 is just under a 2% edge? Your edge is greater getting 2.00 about a 1.91 chance? It's simple math? GTFO.

You're a dumb fuck and I want you to know that. Don't mention my name unless it's to say that MoFo is scary w/ his NBA takes.

kane

EOG master
I really don't follow the NBA close at all -- kind of like how you don't follow the NHL close at all -- so please enlighten me.

Also, didn't his Heat teams "fall off the map" after LeBron left? Wouldn't a good coach have had them more competitive?

No, his Heat teams didn't fall off the map after LeBron left, they made the playoffs a couple of times and have been competitive, Cleveland fell off the map after he left them not once, but twice. Also, don't forget he lost Chris Bosh unexpectedly when he had to retire due to blood clots. Just listen to the talking heads, the guys that follow the game, the things they say about him, listen to what other coaches in the league say about him, last week Tim Legler said he always had Spo in his top 5, but with the job he's done this year he might have him number 1. This Heat team has one player drafted in the top 10 and that's Iggy who was taken 9th many years ago, all these other teams are loaded with stars and high draft picks, the Heat are loaded with rookies, young guys, and undrafted FA's. Every time someone is asked their opinion of the Heat, they always mention how well coached they are, Brad Stevens gushes when he talks about Spo. You say you don't follow the NBA close, so it's understandable you don't realize how good a coach he is, but those who do follow the league closely do know. I could link you to articles of various people saying how Spo is one of the best in the league, but anything I can link to you could look up on your own if interested

kane

EOG master
I was listening to a Zach Lowe podcast a couple of years ago and he told a story about a Western Conference GM going up to him and asked him if he thought Pat Riley would trade Spo for a first round pick, Lowe told him there's no way Riley would do that

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
No, his Heat teams didn't fall off the map after LeBron left, they made the playoffs a couple of times and have been competitive, Cleveland fell off the map after he left them not once, but twice. Also, don't forget he lost Chris Bosh unexpectedly when he had to retire due to blood clots. Just listen to the talking heads, the guys that follow the game, the things they say about him, listen to what other coaches in the league say about him, last week Tim Legler said he always had Spo in his top 5, but with the job he's done this year he might have him number 1. This Heat team has one player drafted in the top 10 and that's Iggy who was taken 9th many years ago, all these other teams are loaded with stars and high draft picks, the Heat are loaded with rookies, young guys, and undrafted FA's. Every time someone is asked their opinion of the Heat, they always mention how well coached they are, Brad Stevens gushes when he talks about Spo. You say you don't follow the NBA close, so it's understandable you don't realize how good a coach he is, but those who do follow the league closely do know. I could link you to articles of various people saying how Spo is one of the best in the league, but anything I can link to you could look up on your own if interested

Thanks for responding.

I would think some credit would also go to team president Pat Riley and general manager Andy Elisburg for recognizing talent other teams didn't, and, of course, it would seem, Spoelstra gets credit for coaching them up. Would that be a fair assessment?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

How has that worked out for you so far?

I've been talking about their greatness since they formed, how they are going to burn down the league if fully fit. Well, they are not fully fit, they are missing 40% of their starting lineup and they are still burning down the League.

We're a bad matchup for the "lowly" Nuggets who I pegged 8 months ago to look out for. The low expectations are from morons like you who don't know what you are watching or talking about and talk shit about people who do.

P.S. The "Lowly" Nuggets will bend low to bend the fucking knee. The GOAT King is going to let them clown him? GTFO, he ain't ICBINK by a long shot.

Here's what you got coming:

Be afraid MoFo, be very afraid.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

The NBA is a different animal because of the cap. It’s too hard to replace a top 5 salary - a player can make 20% more by staying put.

kane

EOG master
Thanks for responding.

I would think some credit would also go to team president Pat Riley and general manager Andy Elisburg for recognizing talent other teams didn't, and, of course, it would seem, Spoelstra gets credit for coaching them up. Would that be a fair assessment?

For someone who doesn't follow the NBA closely, I give you credit for even knowing who Elisburg is. Absolutely credit goes to both of them for finding diamonds in the rough, guys like Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn could have been had by any team, drafting Bam and Herro late in the lottery, signing Butler as a FA and trading Justice Winslow for Iggy and Crowder, all great moves by the organization. Other than Butler, they don't have anyone considered a star, just a bunch of hard working grinders who play 100% all the time. Budenholzer finished 2nd in Coach of the Year voting and Spo coached circles around him. The Heat have one of, if not the best, front office/coaching combos in the league, and remember Spo was hand picked by Riley to be his successor, that's how highly Riley thought of him. I could link you to a bunch of articles all saying what a great coach he is, from players, to announcers, to writers, those in the game all know he's one of the best, I believe right now he's the second tenured head coach behind Pop, and he'll be the head coach of Miami for many years to come, and the guy is as humble a person as there is, anytime someone wants to give him any type of credit, he always talks about the players, the guy literally has no ego. From a strictly talent standpoint the Heat have no business being 3 wins away from reaching the finals, but from a coaching standpoint they do.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
No, his Heat teams didn't fall off the map after LeBron left,

Miami Heat record last season with LeBron (2013-2014) 54-28
Miami Heat record first season without LeBron (2014-2015) 37-45

That's quite a drop off -- 17 games.

I'll give you that they did better from the 2nd season after Lebron left but where essentially a .500 team, give or take a few games, except for that "second season" after LeBron left with the 48-34 record. That season seems like an outlier. Like I wrote -- I don't follow the NBA close at all.

Source: Basketball Reference

kane

EOG master
Miami Heat record last season with LeBron (2013-2014) 54-28
Miami Heat record first season without LeBron (2014-2015) 37-45

That's quite a drop off -- 17 games.

I'll give you that they did better from the 2nd season after Lebron left but where essentially a .500 team, give or take a few games, except for that "second season" after LeBron left with the 48-34 record. That season seems like an outlier. Like I wrote -- I don't follow the NBA close at all.

Source: Basketball Reference

Go look at Cleveland's record the years after LeBron left them, that's falling off the map, of course after losing the best player in the league they weren't going to be as good, going 37-45 the first year after LeBron left was pretty good all things considered, then like you said the second year after he left they went 48-34 and made it to the EC semifinals. Like I've been saying, just listen to what those in the game say about Spo, anytime someone is asked about the Heat, the first thing they all say is how extremely well coached they are. And like I mentioned, they were planning on building around Chris Bosh, but lost him unexpectedly due to blood clots, if Spo was fired today, he'd have his choice of head coaching jobs tomorrow, teams would be lining up to hire him

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Go look at Cleveland's record the years after LeBron left them, that's falling off the map, of course after losing the best player in the league they weren't going to be as good, going 37-45 the first year after LeBron left was pretty good all things considered, then like you said the second year after he left they went 48-34 and made it to the EC semifinals. Like I've been saying, just listen to what those in the game say about Spo, anytime someone is asked about the Heat, the first thing they all say is how extremely well coached they are. And like I mentioned, they were planning on building around Chris Bosh, but lost him unexpectedly due to blood clots, if Spo was fired today, he'd have his choice of head coaching jobs tomorrow, teams would be lining up to hire him

I'm not disagreeing with you about Spoelsta -- just wanted an explanation -- and thanks for that. I didn't think I was wrong about a "drop off" after LeBron left. That probably would have been a better choice of words. But 17 games is significant and helps illustrate how good a player LeBron is.

Predictable "Joe Public" rhetoric. Zero credit given to the Nuggets, makes it all about Clippers choking.

Low expectations? This is what I said on Jan 4th, 2020 in regards to UniBron Competetion:

Lo and behold, look who they are playing. I am all over this shit.

This is the kind of shit you say when someone nabs 76 about a 31 chance.

You’re a full of shit poster who is dumber than a box of fucking rocks. Getting 76 about a 31 is just under a 2% edge? Your edge is greater getting 2.00 about a 1.91 chance? It's simple math? GTFO.

You're a dumb fuck and I want you to know that. Don't mention my name unless it's to say that MoFo is scary w/ his NBA takes.

Keep running your mouth...

How has that worked out for you so far?

I've been talking about their greatness since they formed, how they are going to burn down the league if fully fit. Well, they are not fully fit, they are missing 40% of their starting lineup and they are still burning down the League.

We're a bad matchup for the "lowly" Nuggets who I pegged 8 months ago to look out for. The low expectations are from morons like you who don't know what you are watching or talking about and talk shit about people who do.

P.S. The "Lowly" Nuggets will bend low to bend the fucking knee. The GOAT King is going to let them clown him? GTFO, he ain't ICBINK by a long shot.

Here's what you got coming:

Be afraid MoFo, be very afraid.

Why do you keep calling MoFo you fucking moron?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Why do you keep calling MoFo you fucking moron?

LOL. If I'm a moron, what does that make you?

You literally lectured a poster about being square while providing the most square analysis I've possibly ever heard; it was totally and completely wrong and to this day you don't have the balls to admit it. it's sad that you have to pretend to be something you're not.