IDENTITY vs Filibuster Challenge

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Anyway, ID, how do we move forward from here?

Lets try to be civil when dicussing this.

Look me up on AIM when you get a chance.

Thanx!

i think this is how we should proceed....

(1) Someone objective must decide whether you are disqualified and if so, i win.

(2) Someone needs to go through all your picks and see which ML favs you took and void out all of those bets, even if you lost them all. you would then need to replay those numbers.

Maybe Ken or Oceanboy or someone else can decide this.

Best Wishes...ID:+waving-5

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Well bottom line is that if you really believe that NHL sides are considered ML favorites, even though there are no spreads in NHL, then I will make 12 additional plays to take the place of the 12 nhl favorite plays I already made. When we agreed upon the rules and put the ML favorite rule in place we did it because we didnt want either of us taking the Colts -1200 when they were 12.5 favorites or the Spurs -780 when they were -11 favorites. The NHL (and MLB) doesnt have spreads and you knew that. I am not sure why you woke up now, when you have been in this thread competing for the last 2 weeks.

Heres the breakdown of the 12 NHL favorite plays I made.

NHL Favorite Picks That I LOST
Pick 6. (-131)
Pick 24. (-115)
Pick 26. (-104)
Pick 29. (-166)
Pick 44. (-115)
Pick 53. (-119)
Pick 85. (-120)

Total. (-870)

NHL Favorite Picks That I WON
Pick 30. (-157)
Pick 33. (-142)
Pick 57. (-131)
Pick 60. (-104)
Pick 72. (-146)

Total. (+500)

Difference. (-370)

So that means If we decide that I should make the 12 plays over again, then I am really an extra 3.70 units ahead of you.

Even though I would rather do them over because I will gain more units on you, I still firmly believe that NHL favorites are not considered the ML Favorites that we discussed when making the rules. But if you believe they should be considered the same as NBA and NFL favorites then A. I have no problem making another 12 picks, and B. Why did you wait until now to mention it when I have been playing hockey since day.

Best Wishes.....Fili :+waving-5

Wow Fili...

What a move on your part, you are a fucken piece of total shit.

All the plays should be counted as a loss. That's that, ask Glaken how all this works in the Hockey contest. You violate the rules as in try to gain advantage you pay for that shit. Don't try to spin this you fucken scammer. I bet everyone will agree with me that all of those plays should be graded as a loss.

i just noticed it for the first time yesterday. you posted so much in the first week (like 80 plays). i dont even look at your plays at all. i rely on oceanboy to grade it. last night i was online and saw your pick after i posted my MNF picks.

coco - would glaken grade a play as a loss if you violate the rules? that actually sounds like the fairest way to proceed.

I know Fili might think i'm siding with you. This kid as been violation that rule for some time. Tires to comeout clean and say oh ok so they don't count so i will make new plays.

All monyline favorites should be graded as a loss, it only makes sense. I'll ask Glaken to check on this and he will prolly agree.

Be a bigger man here Fili, why are you even trying to incorporate your scammer ways into this challenge?

IDENTITY said:
i think this is how we should proceed....

(1) Someone objective must decide whether you are disqualified and if so, i win.

(2) Someone needs to go through all your picks and see which ML favs you took and void out all of those bets, even if you lost them all. you would then need to replay those numbers.

This is my take on this issue...... Filibuster posted the rules on day 1 and even though I'm 100% that he did not try to cheat on purpose I do have to obey by the rules. Hence all plays should be counted as a 1 unit loss as I know this has been Glaken's policy when violating any rules at any of the EOG contests. But that its up to you guys as I'm not in the contest neither did I started it. I do believe that it was an innocent mistake by Fili as IMO he was not really thinking that Hockey favs will be considered ML favs. Having said that, the rules are pretty clear and stated no ML favs period. So either they are all losers or voided......either way I don't really care other than Glaken's has already set a precedent that they should be graded as losers.....

GLTA as always.......OB

So Glaken does not disqualify someone from a contest if they violate the rules of the contest? The play is only graded as a loss?

And BTW, I don't think we'll ever know what someone's intent was. That's why there should be a bright line rule here....

Oceanboy - thank you, sir, for your time and input.

IDENTITY said:
I would be willing to decide this if both sides agreed to abide by my decision prior to my rendering one.

I have no horse in this race.

IDENTITY said:
So Glaken does not disqualify someone from a contest if they violate the rules of the contest? The play is only graded as a loss?

And BTW, I don't think we'll ever know what someone's intent was. That's why there should be a bright line rule here....

Oceanboy - thank you, sir, for your time and input.

ID ... In the Hollywood Hockey contest in the beginning I would throw in puck lines which are not allowed; I did this just to make sure people were reading the rules. I always graded it a loss when a poster did this. In this instance I believe all ML fav pics by either of you should be a loss.

Glaken

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Jimmy, how can you say you have no horse in this race after you constantly bash me.

I wrote the rules up after discussing it with ID. We put the ML fav rule in place so no one takes big NBA, NCAA and NFL favorites on the ML. We never considered hockey plays to be ML plays as there are no spreads in the NHL. Bottom line is if you guys really think that I am blatantly cheating by taking the NHL favorites then so be it. Out of my 88 plays 12 have been NHL favorites and 7 of them were losers. My 6th play overall was a hockey fav. Obviously I am not paying attention to anything coconutman says, as his allegance and agenda is obvious. I dont understand why Identity waited until she was 7 units down to mention this, but not many of us understand Identity altogether.

Rules are rules, that's the only thing we have on the forums. You made em' follow em. But you did take NHL -1.5 spreads didn't you.

Now be a man. Take a -5 units hit to your total and finish off the damn challenge.

Filibuster said:
Jimmy, how can you say you have no horse in this race after you constantly bash me.
I am an equal opportunity basher, thus my impartiality...

<TABLE class=tborder id=post69602 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"> 11-11-05, 11:46 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right> #8 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Jimmy Hoffa<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_69602", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Veteran

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_69602><!-- icon and title -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I met ID back in oh, must have been '83 or '84. It was in Milwaukee, probably January as I remember. It was cold out.

It happened behind the Greyhound Bus station real late around 3AM and over by the dumpster out back. Everyone had been drinking heavily, me included. It didn't last too long and I don't remember very much about it other than she paid me 30 bucks.
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2> </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

fili - please do not try to twist this. you came up with the rules. i don't remember them being based on us not betting -700 and -1200 favorites. we agreed on the rules. the rules stand. glaken has spoken. the plays are all losers. you are lucky the contest is not over for your violations.

also, who knew you were going to be playing german and european soccer and mostly NHL plays. i thought this was going to be a basketball and football capping contest. you did not see me complain when you went 7-2 on your first 9 plays, most of which were soccer plays. because those plays did not technically violate the rules. your ML hockey plays 100% violate the rules. no way around it, sir.

Oceanboy - would you be so kind as to re-grade the contest? Take your time, sir. and take the OVER in the clemson game tonight....

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
also, who knew you were going to be playing german and european soccer and mostly NHL plays. i thought this was going to be a basketball and football capping contest. you did not see me complain when you went 7-2 on your first 9 plays, most of which were soccer plays.

2 soccer plays in my first 9.
5 soccer plays total in the contest.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Bottom line...

Looks like you will win.

I will make my last whatever amount of plays the last day of this challenge.

I will check back then.

Best Wishes.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
this is bullshit...the ML faves rule is to weed out large NFL or NBA chalks...obviously NHL and BAseball is different since there is no spread...I get along with both contestants, so i am not biased..u guys are trying to railroad FIlibuster here...

Lawrence said:
this is bullshit...the ML faves rule is to weed out large NFL or NBA chalks...obviously NHL and BAseball is different since there is no spread...I get along with both contestants, so i am not biased..u guys are trying to railroad FIlibuster here...

I get along with both of them as well..... and I really don't care what the decision is other than the rules are very clear and if the NHL was an exception it should have been noted....Now with that said, Glaken has put his point of view in the matter and he is the one that runs most of the contests here at the EOG so I will back his decision but I know if it was me I would just void them all and make him re-pick as I would want to win fair and square but I do understand the rules and the decision should be made upon them.....I also think that we should let Hoffa's input in this situation as he is as fair as it gets when it comes to posters in forums......So I think Hoffa's decision can be helpful in this situation......

OB

Ok, well looks like MC has basically given up and we dont want that. So we will let Madcapper redo all of those plays that he bet ML favorites. I believe justice will serve in the end.

With that said, Ocean, can you please, sir, tally what the totals are including last night?

IDENTITY said:
Ok, well looks like MC has basically given up and we dont want that. So we will let Madcapper redo all of those plays that he bet ML favorites. I believe justice will serve in the end.

With that said, Ocean, can you please, sir, tally what the totals are including last night?

Yes ID, I will do just that and will try to get them up by tomorrow night.....I also agree with you 100% as justice will be serve in the end so a fair game is a fair game.......will be back with the totals tomorrow after I recap all the plays.....

GLTA as always......OB

62. 1h OVER clem/col 23.5 -108
63. OVER clem/col 47.5 -109
64. 1 qtr OVER 7.5 -140 col/clem
65. asu 1h -4.5 -117

12/27/2005 1:33:14 PM - PST

:+waving-5

Just stop this shit now.

ML favorites are ML favorites? They are still favorites to win the game. I could care less who goes now. Prolly nobody will leave at the end.

Coco- I agree. plus it looks like MC has retired.

Madcapper - are you still in this contest? Or do you quit? Please respond.

:+thumbs-2

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
I said I will make my final plays at the end of January. I am up by about 10 units on you. I wont be back in the thread until then.

MC - are you going to leave without resolving how we are going to proceed? Please dont act like ur in bush league and state how many more plays you will be making and where you stand at the moment.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
IDENTITY said:
MC - are you going to leave without resolving how we are going to proceed? Please dont act like ur in bush league and state how many more plays you will be making and where you stand at the moment.

IDENTITY said:

See ya later. Good luck coming back.

Sicne you refuse to answer directly, i believe you need to be disqualified. i don't want you to renege at the end of this thing and claim "this is what i meant" blah blah. sorry, i am not going to get scammed like that.

Contest is over because MC is leaving and refuses to deal with the issue at hand. Glaken, is it right MC needs to be disqualified?

:hung

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Are you really this dense. You just said a few posts back that, and I quote, "So we will let Madcapper redo all of those plays that he bet ML favorites. ". So that is exactly how we are proceeding.

Since there were 12 NHL bets that I made that would leave me with about 25 more plays to make. Just waiting on OCEANBOY to tally up the records.

Good luck the rest of the way and GROW THE FUK UP!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Seriously IDENTITY.....GROW THE FUCK UP! Enough of your shit already! First you wait until you are 7 units back to say that I am cheating by betting on NHL favorites. You claim you didnt realize until you were down 7 units because I made so many plays. When in fact my 6th fuking play was an NHL play. What a crock of SHIT! Then you say that I should redo the plays and then you realize that you are down by alot more than you can probably come back with the little plays you have left, so you start this SHIT again. I dont have to make plays when you want me to. I have until the SUPERBOWL to finish with my plays. So stop asking where I am. Make your own plays and try to make a comeback. But the main thing is GROW THE FUK UP.

Now you can say whatever you want from here on out but I will not be reading or posting in this thread until the end of January when I make my final set of plays. You and your 21 year old friend COCONUTMAN can continue to talk shit in this thread. I am sure many get a kick out of it.

Now try to do some capping. 3 or 4 winning days all contest is pretty damn pathetic.

P.S. Stop fuking Instant Messenging me!! I dont want to talk to you!!!!!

MC - LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. was that last post for real?

Guys, this MC guy is a PATHOLOGICL LIAR!!!! LOL oh well, no need to say more. We all know his reputation...

:hung

Fili take it easy, go read a law book or something to take your mind of the spreads and sports man. You are fucken burning out man... you can't do this for a living man.