IF DELMAR WAS STILL ON THE DONBEST SCREEN IT WOULD BE THE MOST RESPECTED OFFSHORE BOOK IN THE WORLD:

rainbow

EOG Master
When I was working there and they were on the Donbest screen, no book in the world was even close to Larry, and thats including Pinnacle... it got so bad with all the copying we had to throw some PHONIES out there, Donbest at the time was getting so many complaints about the phony lines, then finally one morning Donbest took all our lines off the screen and the ceiling hit the fan when two other books that were on the screen called Donbest and told them if you don't put them back on the screen take us off too. Donbest then put us back on the screen... a few months passed and Larry start thinking about how all the hard work he put into having these ROCK SOLID numbers wasn't WORTH being on the screen no more, he was CATERING to just about everyone, they were scared to bet us if we had an off number because they WISED up that sooner or later before the day was out everyone would be at that same number. you couldn't even put another book in the same sentence as Delmar back in those days, we DEFINTELY had the SHARPEST lines in the world by FAR, I remember little Oscar calling in one morning telling me on the phone that your numbers are the best in the world, and they were by far. WISEGUYS that knew Delmar back in those days all knew Larry had the SHARPEST numbers in the WORLD by FAR, he is the SHARPEST guy by FAR that I've EVER worked for OFFSHORE...

rainbow

EOG Master
Re: IF DELMAR WAS STILL ON THE DONBEST SCREEN IT WOULD BE THE MOST RESPECTED OFFSHORE BOOK IN THE WORLD:

The three books that most look at these days on the Donbest are, Cris, Greek, and Pinnacle...............

Re: IF DELMAR WAS STILL ON THE DONBEST SCREEN IT WOULD BE THE MOST RESPECTED OFFSHORE BOOK IN THE WORLD:

nice inside info here thks for sharing..checked out the site..do they cater to US ? thks

rainbow

EOG Master

nice inside info here thks for sharing..checked out the site..do they cater to US ? thks
Thats not the same book you seen on the website... I have no idea about that book...

ok thks Rainbow..Yeah SBR dont even rate that site I was looking out. Does not necessarily mean they are bad

I`ll stick to the fine list of sponsor books we have avail now

newport2

EOG Dedicated

I used to play "early" with your buddies when they were in the States.Their "opinion" on a certain Arkansas team was mighty fine.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

I would think that Grande would be up there as well. Catalina to a lesser extent?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Is DelMar "Rio Sports" in the book The Smart Money?

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

agree...delmar was always number one when i ran the shop
pinny, cris and grande, then greek
i had a consensus formula.
my bosses made me move on air--didn?t want an obsolete number
i tried to compromise and move to a compromise number..
at least till we got hit a few times.
money wasn?t an issue, just didn?t want a "bad" number.

my first boss before don best believed in taking a hit at every number

High Times

EOG Master

When I was working there and they were on the Donbest screen, no book in the world was even close to Larry, and thats including Pinnacle... it got so bad with all the copying we had to throw some PHONIES out there, Donbest at the time was getting so many complaints about the phony lines, then finally one morning Donbest took all our lines off the screen and the ceiling hit the fan when two other books that were on the screen called Donbest and told them if you don't put them back on the screen take us off too. Donbest then put us back on the screen... a few months passed and Larry start thinking about how all the hard work he put into having these ROCK SOLID numbers wasn't WORTH being on the screen no more, he was CATERING to just about everyone, they were scared to bet us if we had an off number because they WISED up that sooner or later before the day was out everyone would be at that same number. you couldn't even put another book in the same sentence as Delmar back in those days, we DEFINTELY had the SHARPEST lines in the world by FAR, I remember little Oscar calling in one morning telling me on the phone that your numbers are the best in the world, and they were by far. WISEGUYS that knew Delmar back in those days all knew Larry had the SHARPEST numbers in the WORLD by FAR, he is the SHARPEST guy by FAR that I've EVER worked for OFFSHORE...

You made my point

Being on the Don Best screen is the dumbest thing a sharp sports book can do! Period!

I wonder where he got that idea? 12io4j2w90

High Times

EOG Master

:+textinb3

playersadvocate

EOG Senior Member

I have diagnosed rainblow.

Complete narcissist.

"WINNING"

"TIGER BLOOD"

carry on

rainbow

EOG Master

I have diagnosed rainblow.

Complete narcissist.

"WINNING"

"TIGER BLOOD"

carry on

I'm SMARTER than you in my sleep...LOL... You must LIVE one MISERABLE LIFE, because it shows in your posts.... you are DEFINTELY missing some MARBLES.... I would say your BRAIN plays with a half a deck of cards, but I wouldn't be SHOCKED if you only played with a QUARTER...LOL...

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

From a player's standpoint I wish the DOJ would make it illegal for Don Best et al. to broadcast offshore numbers. It made it too easy for books to see what each other was doing. Once they synchronized the age of clonism happened and it became a lot harder to get good prices. I have never thought there was such a thing as a live feed as books play games with the release of the numbers - Don Best no doubt plays games with delays on numbers - injury information definitely has a delay. In my mind you have to beat Don Best to any information as their information is useless because everybody has it.

What are Del Mar's limits in the NFL?

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

Rainbow, totally agree, Del Mar Larry..Larry Del Mar..was the most respected in the biz in that era. My old man was on the phone with him at least a few times per day(you and/or some of your brothers at times also), and hung on Larry's every word as religion.

Who was Orlando Larry..Larry from Orlando?

On the topic of Arkansas teams, Terry, and also Lowball, had the goods too.

P.S. Watching this VCU-ODU barnburner come to the wire..can't help but think of Shrink.