If I were to place a futures on Federer for the French Open...

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
would that be voided? Should it be voided because it was announced that he is withdrawing but his odds are still up

Now if I were to pound Djokovic after it gets out that Nadal is withdrawing but before the odds adjust, it surely would be voided.
I might even get a sternly worded email...

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I thought with futures, you are betting on if they win or not. He withdraws, he doesn’t win. Therefore bet graded a loser. Thought that was the consensus when this topic was discussed before.

In any case, hope that’s wrong and 5 Dimes refunds you as well. Good luck.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
If you bet on RFed to win the French you don't deserve your money back. He had no shot if 100% so what would make anyone think he stood a chance if healthy

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I thought with futures, you are betting on if they win or not. He withdraws, he doesn’t win. Therefore bet graded a loser. Thought that was the consensus when this topic was discussed before.

In any case, hope that’s wrong and 5 Dimes refunds you as well. Good luck.

This is the case with most books....buyer beware

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Must start first round

Any book that would grade otherwise is fucking scamming

Horse futures the only market left where this doesn’t apply

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Must start first round

Any book that would grade otherwise is fucking scamming

Horse futures the only market left where this doesn’t apply

No. I lost wagers on people who withdraw before the tournament began---- and that is the rule nowadays, I would imagine at all the books

My only issue was that they left it up after it was already announced that he withdrew.

Its a top guy, not some dude that is barely in the top 100