If the Patriots were your survivor pick this week......

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
A poor decision by Brady at the end of the first half and a poor decision by Belichick at the end of the second half.

Brady and Belichick are the best of their generation but they're not perfect.

kane

EOG master
A poor decision by Brady at the end of the first half and a poor decision by Belichick at the end of the second half.

Brady and Belichick are the best of their generation but they're not perfect.

The Hoodie out smarted himself, putting Gronk on the field in place of McCourty reminded me of the time a few years ago when the Spurs were playing the Heat in the finals, at the end of one of the games Pop took Tim Duncan out and replaced him with Boris Diaw to better matchup with the Heat's lineup, it backfired and might have cost them a championship that year.

MrTop

EOG Master
pinny closed ML -367.

people were standing at the window to collect. Money line backers may think twice laying the juice next time. Tough way to lose.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
First off that is a piss poor pick given the Patroits history in Miami.....but besides that..... have a drink!

Taking the Pats would have violated 2 of my 3 Survivor pool "guidelines"

**Avoid Divisional Games: There are only 6 for each team and they mean so much - avoid them if you can
**Avoid Road Teams: Funny things happen when you play away from home
**Avoid Underdogs: If Vegas doesn't think you can win - neither should I

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Hoodie out smarted himself, putting Gronk on the field in place of McCourty reminded me of the time a few years ago when the Spurs were playing the Heat in the finals, at the end of one of the games Pop took Tim Duncan out and replaced him with Boris Diaw to better matchup with the Heat's lineup, it backfired and might have cost them a championship that year.

Love the analogy.

Too cute for their own good.

kane

EOG master
Love the analogy.

Too cute for their own good.

I just looked it up, it was game 6 of the 2013 finals, the game where Chris Bosh got a late offensive rebound and passed it out to Ray Allen for that memorable three point shot. Pop was widely criticized for Duncan not being on the floor at the end of the game, and he might have gotten the rebound that would have probably sealed the game and the championship for them. Yesterday was the Hoodies "Popovich moment" and I have to assume Gronk will never be put in that situation again.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Kawhi Leonard and Manu Ginobili, two of my all-time favorites, missed some game-clinching free throws late in that game.

I remember because I bet UNDER in that overtime game.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Taking the Pats would have violated 2 of my 3 Survivor pool "guidelines"

**Avoid Divisional Games: There are only 6 for each team and they mean so much - avoid them if you can
**Avoid Road Teams: Funny things happen when you play away from home
**Avoid Underdogs: If Vegas doesn't think you can win - neither should I

You had me at avoiding division games....

The next two scenarios are bullshit....JMHO

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I liked all three general rules.

Then again, the only NFL "Survivor" pool I entered, I was eliminated when my team was involved in an overtime tie.

At the time, the rules did not stipulate what happened in the case of a tie, so I argued I "survived" a loss.

My argument fell on deaf ears.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I liked all three general rules.

Then again, the only NFL "Survivor" pool I entered, I was eliminated when my team was involved in an overtime tie.

At the time, the rules did not stipulate what happened in the case of a tie, so I argued I "survived" a loss.

My argument fell on deaf ears.

I feel the same way. To me if your team doesn't lose - you should advance