if the playoffs started today

Sober Leprechaun

EOG Enthusiast
washington
chicago
tampa bay
miami

would all be division champs

a win tonight and throw the 49ers in the mix.

scenarios don't seem all that unlikely for all four to win their divisions, either.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Sober Leprechaun said:
washington
chicago
tampa bay
miami

would all be division champs

a win tonight and throw the 49ers in the mix.

scenarios don't seem all that unlikely for all four to win their divisions, either.

Leprechaun, out of those 4 teams, do you consider Tampa Bay a surprise?

Hache Man

jjgold said:
Griese has to cut down on INT's and they will be great

NFL very weak this year

He does still make a few mistakes JJ, I agree, but overall getting much better, especially in the most complex offense in the league......

Tampa lost so many games last year by missed FG's, missed XP's, and just bad breaks. This year they have upgraded just enough to put those things in their favor.

Tampa should of been in playoffs last year but Griese so some critical late game INT's/

I do like him though

Sober Leprechaun

EOG Enthusiast
yes, i would consider tampa a surprise both from a handicapping standpoint and a personal standpoint.

i believe the over/under on their season wins was at 7.5 or 8. so you would say they were not projected to be a playoff team.

personally, i thought they had a horrible offensive line which would result in no running game (much like today's game), just one adequate receiver (clayton) and an aging defense who's stars were years past their prime.

the only reason i didn't pull the trigger on the bucs under for the year is i was a fan and didn't want to have to root against them all year.

their schedule has been extremely easy so far, they have beaten a hapless minnesota, a terrible buffalo, one of the worst teams in the league in green bay, and detroit who still has no identity.
they are by far one of the worst 4-0 teams i have seen.

Hache Man

Sober Leprechaun said:
the only reason i didn't pull the trigger on the bucs under for the year is i was a fan and didn't want to have to root against them all year.

QUOTE]

Pretty sure the early number was 6.5, because Journeyman and myself tried in vain telling everyone it would go over. Even though it hasn't yet, it looks like it is a given.........

Sober Leprechaun

EOG Enthusiast
i could be wrong hache, i don't remember the exact number. whatever it was, at 4-0 the over sure looks sweet now. but like i said, there schedule has set up perfectly and this team is not nearly as good as it's record.

Hache Man

Sober Leprechaun said:
i could be wrong hache, i don't remember the exact number. whatever it was, at 4-0 the over sure looks sweet now. but like i said, there schedule has set up perfectly and this team is not nearly as good as it's record.

Yeah, I agree Leprechaun, but the parity in the NFL is as high as it probably has ever been, so I'm not sure if we can really judge any teams too much based on their schedules this year.......