IF this doesnt motivate the Braves today...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Look at what I just read....

This is exactly the sort of thing that tends to happen when you start apologizing for who you are to people who never cared about you anyway instead of listening to those who do. The Braves and Liberty Media should have been focused on catering to the needs of their fans and rallying support for the home team in the most crucial game of the season instead of sneakily removing the foam tomahawks and curtailing the Chop to appease a few people who used the playoff stage for a platform to say how they're "offended". I've no idea whether it would have made a difference in the outcome today, but their actions are a greater embarrassment and disgrace than the final score will be.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Look at what I just read....

This is exactly the sort of thing that tends to happen when you start apologizing for who you are to people who never cared about you anyway instead of listening to those who do. The Braves and Liberty Media should have been focused on catering to the needs of their fans and rallying support for the home team in the most crucial game of the season instead of sneakily removing the foam tomahawks and curtailing the Chop to appease a few people who used the playoff stage for a platform to say how they're "offended". I've no idea whether it would have made a difference in the outcome today, but their actions are a greater embarrassment and disgrace than the final score will be.
Actually it was one of the Cardinal players who was offended, he is a Cherokee Indian.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Another reason why Flaherty shouldnt be in. Why have your stud pitcher throw 90 plus pitches in a game like this? No doubt dumb decision.

Valuist

EOG Master
I like Amal Shah's idea of using the previous games' starting pitcher in the current games' pitchers spot IF you are the visiting team.. If you reach a point where his position is to bat in the first inning, you pinch hit with a regular hitter and have a chance to blow the game open. If the inning ends before the he was to come up, you remove him and have the regular expected starting pitcher replace him. I'm surprised nobody hasn't tried it.

The Cardinals could've done this and had the pitcher bat in the first inning today, but needless to say, they didn't need any more help in adding runs.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I hope Cardinals win it all. I'm not angry.

I feel like I got owned by Atlanta in this series. Wasted money and opportunities. They should have handled St. Louis. Baseball a cruel game.

I'm really not sure if you sign Donaldson to big money. Gotta have a talk with Acuna and figure out where his head is at. Need some pitching of course.

What does it really matter to win almost 100 games during the season?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Or they can make excuses and say Freeman was injured, Acuna was just being stupid, so many stranded runners on the basepaths during the series... and keep the same team and give it a go again next season but I highly suggest not to do that..

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Dont think I've seen an official baseball team twitter feed go completely silent throughout the whole game, postseason game to boot. Braves twitter is dead silent. Mop. Historic things tonight.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
This is a team built for multiple runs in the future announcer just said.

Is it though? Is it really though?

We say shit like that all the time just because people are young.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Tyler Mason
@tymason16
The Braves have nothing whatsoever to be proud of. They should be ashamed for the embarrassment they showed throughout this series. That was disgraceful. The Braves won 97 games this year, and to be honest I still see them as the biggest laughing stock in baseball. Pitiful

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
@EthanRice26
·
4m

Replying to
@Braves
Went from being a favorite to make the World Series to yet another nlds lost. This is absolutely embarrassing. We do all this in the regular season just for this to happen. Pathetic.disgusting. Now in the offseason we got to deal with Donaldson Keuchel and Markakis In offseason

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
McCann just retired after completion of his 25th ml season. Not a bad career. 282 hr for s catcher.

Bad decision for the Braves manager to pinch hit for McCann with two outs in the ninth...should have let him bat so that the crowd could have given him an ovation for the yeas he was in Atlanta...he is retiring