If WVU hires CMU coach Butch Jones...

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
then Pat White and Steve Slayton should leave WVU.

CMU has an explosive offense but the coach refuses to use it!

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: If WVU hires CMU coach Butch Jones...

kinda thinkin the same thing myself.....they have alot of talent, and they have just been running vanilla running plays, and qb carries the whole game...not even trying to stretch this average at best Defense....

weird..

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

But in his defense, at least he reads the EOG forum....LOLOL

don't think WVU would go with this guy...he doesn't seem like a big enough name, and the fact that they announce the 2nd interview + currently getting blown out doesn't make things better.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

The way he calls his defense i wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. There is nothing more horrible to watch then these coaches rushing three, dropping back eight and still your guys can't cover crap. If you can't cover with eight then blitz two or four more, what the hell you have to lose? gets some pressure on the quarterback and maybe your guys in the secondary won't have to run around as much. this is the same crap Shanahan does with Denver. Another guy who should have been fired three years ago.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

don't think WVU would go with this guy...he doesn't seem like a big enough name, and the fact that they announce the 2nd interview + currently getting blown out doesn't make things better.

The other possibility is that his team has quit on him already thinking that he is leaving. They sure look like a team that doesn't want to play football, now whether that's the coach's fault or the team, I don't know.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

The other possibility is that his team has quit on him already thinking that he is leaving. They sure look like a team that doesn't want to play football, now whether that's the coach's fault or the team, I don't know.
Pioneer you may have a point but when i was this young i just loved playing and don't think anything would ever make me lay down.

looks like he's back in the running due to Dorien Bryant's invisible hands/phantom receptions that end up in CMU's hands

pvcpipe

EOG Master

if it is butch taking over at WVU, hopefully he'll delegate special teams duties a little more wisely than in his current regime.