If you are Kyler Murray...

Valuist

EOG Master
Do you take the $5 million guaranteed and go to training camp in Arizona with the A's and forget about football? Or roll the dice with the NFL?

With MLB, there's no guarantee he ever gets to the major leagues, let alone become a star and make big money. We know he can run and throw but have no idea if he can hit MLB pitching. Much more variance in the MLB draft. But $5 million still should set him up for the rest of his life even if it doesn't work out. And he's far less likely to suffer a debilitating injury playing baseball.

NFL? He's only 5'10" so that will be held against him, even though most say Russell Wilson is only 5'10" and Brees and Mayfield likely only 5'11". I haven't seen the draft projections, but a possible jackpot payday would be more likely in the NFL if he could go in the first 2 rounds. There have been a few Oklahoma QBs who had giant numbers in college but never made it in the NFL. Mayfield looks like he will, and that can only improve Murray's draft stock. Biggest downside to the NFL is obviously the potential of a life impacting injury.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm more confident he can hit MLB pitching than throw against NFL defenses.

And I've never seen Kyler Murray in a baseball uniform.

Heim

EOG Master
He'll make more money in the NFL however he looks smaller than Wilson to me. I'd definitely stick with mlb if I was him. He's a can't miss prospect. Beane was gushing over him the other day in the winter meetings.

Valuist

EOG Master
But hearing Boras' comments, it makes me wonder. He softened a bit regarding Murray definitively going to baseball. If you are Murray's advisors, don't you have to see as many mock drafts as possible?

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
But hearing Boras' comments, it makes me wonder. He softened a bit regarding Murray definitively going to baseball. If you are Murray's advisors, don't you have to see as many mock drafts as possible?
Perhaps. Because NFL teams do stupid shit during drafts

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
He'll make more money in the NFL however he looks smaller than Wilson to me. I'd definitely stick with mlb if I was him. He's a can't miss prospect. Beane was gushing over him the other day in the winter meetings.

Murray is listed 5-10 which means he's 5-9 at best.

Eager to see the documented height at the NFL combine.

railbird

EOG Master
Says the guy who said wilson was too short and was a mistake starting him over a washed up hasselback

railbird

EOG Master
He can play both, he can back up Mahomes in KC, he plays a lot like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
If I'm him, I follow my heart, I choose the sport that I enjoy playing the most, money wouldn't determine my future