If you don't go to your boss's party is it considered an insult???

OZIMANDIAS

EOG Member
I don't like partys and when they are office parties I like them less, I have been wondering if your boss gets upset or hurt if you don't show to their parties.

I think it depends on WHO your boss is...

At the very least, I'd try to make a cameo appearance, then leave and blame it on my wife...:doh1

THE SHRINK

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
That is an awesome question. Yes, it is an insult. He is your boss, and is throwing a party to have people show up. If everybody flaked like Sick Gambler, how would the boss feel. The slang term is ticket punching. It is a time to prove yourself away from the workplace. Actually an opportunity. There will be the drunks, the fools, clowns and baffoons. Not to be confused with balloons. But they do deflate, or let the air out when making fools of themselves.

My advice, show up early, help set it up. Say you have a later pressing engagement, but wanted to contribute. You comes across as considerate and thoughtful. The boss will not forget that. As soon as someone starts acting foolish, the time to leave has been offered. You will look dignified, while other person looks like a party pooper, acting the fool, drawing the scorn of others, especially the boss. Do not get drunk. Do not be rude. Make the rounds, be the social butterfly then bail. You punched the ticket, shmoozed the boss and left with dignity. Expect the raise soon after.

Best Wsihes...oF:+waving-5

I would show up and then just shake his hand and mingle a little and then leave and go to the track or whatever your into guy

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
I'd get liquored up real good, tell the boss what an asswhole he is and then then the next day tell The Shrink it was the booze talking!