If you were Magic Johnson, would you trade LeBron?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Good question, you have to get 85% of the contract in return I believe. The Lakers are one of the few teams who could take on expiring contracts and lure a big name FA.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I fear LeBron's time has passed.

I don't believe he will win an NBA title serving as the team's best player.

From here on out, I think he's a complementary piece.

Father Time wins yet another battle.

kane

EOG master

The GOAT's career numbers:
Pts 27.2
Rebs 7.4
Assts 7.2
FG% .504
3 Pt .344

The GOAT's numbers this season
Pts 27.1
Rebs 8.6
Assts 8.1
FG% .513
3 Pt .346

Obviously the GOAT's time has passed, the Lakers should just release him

kane

EOG master
It's amazing how many LeBron threads there are here, seems like everyone is obsessed with him #GOAT

railbird

EOG Master
Its much easier to make a basket and get a rebound than it use to be. He is only kanes goat because lebron is a flaming liberal

MrTop

EOG Master
going up against 23 y/o kids playing the same game when you are 35 only lasts a short while. The wheels come off at the end. Lebron is probably thinking about retirement.

Heim

EOG Master
There are reports that Laker brass wanted to sign Brooke Lopez and keep Julius Randle however Magic over-ruled
everyone. Both are having career years. Let's not forget the Magic Man was the only one who liked Lonzo at number

MrTop

EOG Master
finally won a game. Pigeons started to hang out on his shoulders.

31 wins 2019
35 wins 2018

what was magic thinking besides the gate?

sad.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The GOAT's career numbers:
Pts 27.2
Rebs 7.4
Assts 7.2
FG% .504
3 Pt .344

The GOAT's numbers this season
Pts 27.1
Rebs 8.6
Assts 8.1
FG% .513
3 Pt .346

Obviously the GOAT's time has passed, the Lakers should just release him

I know. This is the silliest topic to date. Trade him? Trade him? For what? Golden State's starting 5.... maybe :)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

WTF are you basing this on and are you being serious? He was an MVP candidate pre-injury w/ the Lakeshow rolling.

Who's better than he is right now? First it was Rose dethroning him, then it was Curry, Durant, even some Harden talk and LBJ has kept the crown on his head and vanquished those pretenders..... now it's Giannis and I admit, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown but LBJ is still the best. Time reveals all things so let's see what the future brings. LBJ holds the title at least until Next years All Star break.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
WTF are you basing this on and are you being serious? He was an MVP candidate pre-injury w/ the Lakeshow rolling.

Who's better than he is right now? First it was Rose dethroning him, then it was Curry, Durant, even some Harden talk and LBJ has kept the crown on his head and vanquished those pretenders..... now it's Giannis and I admit, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown but LBJ is still the best. Time reveals all things so let's see what the future brings. LBJ holds the title at least until Next years All Star break.
Well 35-YO’s whose game is reliant on quickness get hurt more. They need to make two major moves to be in serious title discussion. Even if they get AD and GS loses Durant, GS is still 10 games better.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
When was the last time the team with the best player in the league failed to make the playoffs?

That's a legitimate argument for him not being the best player but they were ravaged by injuries and LBJ was a terrible leader this year. Look what happened when he broke MJ's record. I fear to use phrase, "poor guy," in any sentence w/ LBJ but the poor guy was basically celebrating alone save a sincere hug from KCP and I know he and Rondo hang out off the court. That shows that the Team Chemistry is so fucked it's almost irreparable.

My point is, it was his leadership, not his play, that fucked this team.... Magic and Polinka or whatever his name is are more to blame but LBJ bears alot of it to, but less than them, IMO.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
And I do think he is a good leader, I've heard 14+ year Vets talk about him being the best leader they have ever seen and I know he hangs out after practice and has shooting contests w/ guys on 10-day contracts, etc. Jordan Clarkson was asked what he learned about LBJ and he said that he is just a regular dude.

However, I just report what I see and I saw terrible leadership this year. That doesn't mean that he is not far and away the best player I have ever seen because he is.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Do you even understand why he has all this power? Why he is the GM and Coach. et al?

It is because he is the best player in the fucking world. Make no mistake, that's why. They are not giving Carusso this power for a reason. LBJ has earned this power by dominating this LG.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
36 points (15-23) from the field, 10 boards, 4 assists #GOAT

yeah, let's trade him and blow up our 4-year plan to bring a title to LA. Fucking genuises, Kane, I swear. Listen, not a great look missing the playoffs but his legacy will be helped or harmed by one thing... does he bring a title to LA and thus win a title everywhere he has been?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I was never a rondo fan, but he was pretty solid in Chicago. He could be a nice piece off the bench for a championship team.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
yeah, let's trade him and blow up our 4-year plan to bring a title to LA. Fucking genuises, Kane, I swear. Listen, not a great look missing the playoffs but his legacy will be helped or harmed by one thing... does he bring a title to LA and thus win a title everywhere he has been?
I don’t see them passing up GS without AD (or equivalent), and another impact player in the draft like Zion,

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I don’t see them passing up GS without AD (or equivalent), and another impact player in the draft like Zion,

LBJ and AD would whip on their ass w/out KD. Are you forgeting what LBJ did to those guys starting next to 4 guys who came off the bench for the majority of their careers?

kane

EOG master
I was never a rondo fan, but he was pretty solid in Chicago. He could be a nice piece off the bench for a championship team.

I posted this in another thread, but Tom Haberstroh said the main reason for the Lakers struggles this year is due to Rondo, I'll try to find it and bump the interview

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
LBJ and AD would whip on their ass w/out KD. Are you forgeting what LBJ did to those guys starting next to 4 guys who came off the bench for the majority of their careers?
The point is moot until the Lakers get a big 3, and I only hear one who wants to play there. The nba will have to rig a lottery for them.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The point is moot until the Lakers get a big 3, and I only hear one who wants to play there. The nba will have to rig a lottery for them.

Give me AD and proper role players and I'll take my chances. This years Lakers team was more talented than LBJ's Cleveland team LY but that Cle team was a much better fit around him.