In this sports betting company, the winners are called "problem customers"

Lol, pretty much the same thing William Hill does. The rest aren't much better. Its shitty, but there really is nothing illegal about them refusing to take large bets. We need exchanges now.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Losers only.

Terrible policy.

The house should "sell the dream" to the players.

So you pay a few winners, the large number of losers will more than make up for it.

Losers only.

Terrible policy.

So you pay a few winners, the large number of losers will more than make up for it.

They do when they post the parlay winners and talk about how they had a bad day and the public beat them. This is just greedy, but exchanges will change the market. Line moves will be mostly real and not sharps trying to cross the books up. Of course even with tighter spreads it will be harder to beat.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Losers only.

Terrible policy.

This is the method state lotteries use with great success - sell the dream.

Unfortunately BetFair exchange is no longer an option for Canucks.

Who wants to start up a new business?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
exchanges will change the market. Line moves will be mostly real and not sharps trying to cross the books up.

Incorrect.

Ever heard of, 'Spoofing."

Of course even with tighter spreads it will be harder to beat.

Incorrect,

Tighter spreads means less Overround and easier to beat. Sports investing is more about what you pay then who you pick. Even factoring in the commission, you'll get much better prices than all these square shops and thus win more when you win and lose less when you lose.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Good points, Bill.

Incorrect.

Market manipulation occurs in Exchanges and it's not tougher to win at them.

Just think about, you're pretty much always going to get a better price than at US Square shops... how is that harder to beat?

The Market is macro-efficient w/ micro-inefficiencies, same rules apply,... Adverse Selection.... reprimand mispricings by betting into them and you'll be getting better prices.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
It should be added that Bet$3.65 and other shops of their ilk are impossible to beat simply because they will not let you beat them. Sad but true. In theory, they are very easy to beat, in practice, not so much.

Years ago square shop SIA would let customers beat them up to about 10 or 20K. I wonder if that policy is still in effect.

The Greek was another good one to play at till they retired, & bet3loonies&65cents till their crackdown.

It didn't take 888sport long to severely reduce limits, but not to the level of bet365 & still a useful out to have.