Irish Tim - Kid needs help

Sausage Fingers

EOG Member
Listen son You sound like an angry,know it all,pain in the ass, in every post. (No offense)We get it. You want to be smarter and more impressive in every post. Instead though you come off like an asshole.You have some time though to adjust which is the good news. Slow down and laugh once in a while. Laugh at yourself. You sound like one of those guests at a party that may be bright but they do not realize no one wants to fucking sit near them. Ramble on and on and people start making up that they got to take a piss or need another drink to get away from your "intelligence". They would rather sit by the Gyno type that is there so at least you can laugh at them when you watch the home movies later.This shit is not life or death and in 30 years do you want to end up being Fishhead or WVU and think where did it all go and trying to impress kids on a forum?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Irish Tim - Kid needs help

Oh, and I wish IT the best tonight. I don't always agree with him, but he's good folk. I'm kinda hoping WVU advances, though, because his explanations are pure gold. But it's
great to see four posters in the semis... they all deserve it.

Mammon

EOG Master

"SF" here is like a cross between Meathead and Rusty James.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

Has there ever been a guy more jaded by the forums ? Was such a nice kid when he first appeared, never a negative thing to say.

J

joeybagadonuts

I don't get why Irish Arithmetic rubs people that wrong way so much. I don't see the horrible arrogance people claim either. He seems to be willing to both teach and learn, though I believe he recently stated he had nothing left to learn from the forums, which I disagree with.

He has however in my eyes proven his ability to apply the things he talks to to winning results in contests and offers his opinions on games as often as anyone else, which seem to do well. I think many are stuck in their ways that math isn't the biggest part of handicapping, yadda, yadda, when in reality it is if you want to win longterm. If you take the time to learn and understand the sorts of things IT is doing, especially the stuff related to option trading and its applications to gambling, it is actually very interesting regardless if you agree with it/him or not.

I do also realize that IT isn't the only one doing these things, and that he didn't come up with the ideas, but he puts his money where his mouth is and bets what his #s w/o emotion. Hard to for anyone to argue that they would have be doing WORSE if they removed their own emotions.

I wish him the best tonight vs WVU and hope he takes it down since the $5k would mean much more to him than to WVU.

GL

Teddy kgb

Banned

I remember one night at SP I was drunk off my ass and calling IT every name in the book and he would just come out of chat and ask me to join and I just continued to talk shit and he pressed about me joining chat which I did and had a very pleasent conversation with him and he didn't even metion my tirade in the main forum...

Good kid and I do now believe that he beats the game like no other......Kids a BEAST!!!!

lap18

EOG Dedicated

I don't get why Irish Arithmetic rubs people that wrong way so much. I don't see the horrible arrogance people claim either. He seems to be willing to both teach and learn, though I believe he recently stated he had nothing left to learn from the forums, which I disagree with.

He has however in my eyes proven his ability to apply the things he talks to to winning results in contests and offers his opinions on games as often as anyone else, which seem to do well. I think many are stuck in their ways that math isn't the biggest part of handicapping, yadda, yadda, when in reality it is if you want to win longterm. If you take the time to learn and understand the sorts of things IT is doing, especially the stuff related to option trading and its applications to gambling, it is actually very interesting regardless if you agree with it/him or not.

I do also realize that IT isn't the only one doing these things, and that he didn't come up with the ideas, but he puts his money where his mouth is and bets what his #s w/o emotion. Hard to for anyone to argue that they would have be doing WORSE if they removed their own emotions.

I wish him the best tonight vs WVU and hope he takes it down since the $5k would mean much more to him than to WVU.

GL

Here's the deal with me. I think IT is probably an OK kid, but if you want to argue with everybody about math and the probabilities of x and y, prove it. Granted he has advanced in the tournament, but rumor has it he is using somebody else's picks.
Simple solution: Start a 30 /30 thread after the tourney and lets see if IT's math works.
If it was as easy as using stats, there would be some pretty wealthy gamblers. The team that is playing better than previously,or peaking, won't show up in the math equation that is drawn out over several games. Injuries are also important.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I remember one night at SP I was drunk off my ass and calling IT every name in the book and he would just come out of chat and ask me to join and I just continued to talk shit and he pressed about me joining chat which I did and had a very pleasent conversation with him and he didn't even metion my tirade in the main forum...

Good kid and I do now believe that he beats the game like no other......Kids a BEAST!!!!

What game is he beating?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

IT beats all sports year around, I'm serious when I say he will be talked about on these forums years from now the same way Billy Walters is.......But he will looked at as better!!!!

If he's beating the games, than we need him around. Honestly, if you win and you're willing to share any knowledge you have that pertains to winning, i can't imagine too many people here care or not if he's a pain in the ass or a know it all (except the OP) . I know i don't.

IT's a good kid. He just doesn't realize how little that he really knows in the gambling world. He does know his economics.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Here's the deal with me. I think IT is probably an OK kid, but if you want to argue with everybody about math and the probabilities of x and y, prove it. Granted he has advanced in the tournament, but rumor has it he is using somebody else's picks.
Simple solution: Start a 30 /30 thread after the tourney and lets see if IT's math works.
If it was as easy as using stats, there would be some pretty wealthy gamblers. The team that is playing better than previously,or peaking, won't show up in the math equation that is drawn out over several games. Injuries are also important.

Math can work because not eveyone uses it in their handicapping. Its sort of like in moneyball where a walk is as good as a hit....in real life however, hits are more 'valuable' than walks. A guy hitting .300 is percieved as more valuable than a guy hitting .250 even if they get on base the same amount of times.

Also, 30/30 is a really small sample, you would need 300/300 to even come close to a representative sample imo.

Mammon

EOG Master

I had a contest with him at -110 lines and he treaded water after 400 plays. I think he can win with reduced outs and more leached picks. It looks like in the last year he has more connections for those leached picks.

lap18

EOG Dedicated

come on you can't seriously think a 30 for 30 thread in any way indicates how good a capper someone is. those threads are ridiculous.

True and you are right..... my point s I don't see him backing anything up....just a lot of talking about math... I am not saying he is or isn't right. I just know there is a lot more t it than math.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Nobody likes someone that thinks they are better/smarter than everyone. He is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. You cannot teach the most important thing of all...COMMON SENSE. A true well rounded, good ,smart kid would be more humble and down to earth and not so willing to tell you how smart they are.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

EOG is better off with him expressing his views and thoughts than without him....even though I don't agree with everything he says, I still listen and take notes...

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Anybody that thinks he's arrogant is just less intelligent than him.

This particular Sausage Fingers ghost is a moron.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I have a question about this battle between Tim and WVU. Is this just a 'picking winners' battle or is there more to it?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'll reference this thread on tonight's show so IrishTim can respond to both the compliments and the criticisms.

I like the Sausage Fingers moniker nearly as much as I like the name Joeybagadonuts.

Good for a chuckle every time.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I'll reference this thread on tonight's show so IrishTim can respond to both the compliments and the criticisms.

I like the Sausage Fingers moniker nearly as much as I like the name Joeybagadonuts.

Good for a chuckle every time.

I was going to suggest to pick a racehorse in the competition, that way you can add a +200 or +300 to your 'score' but i see its not that type of tourney.

mofome

Banned

IT has class, brains, talent, a brilliant future, a lovely girl by his side, and is a much better handicapper than 99% on the forums.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

IT has class, brains, talent, a brilliant future, a lovely girl by his side, and is a much better handicapper than 99% on the forums.

Joe, i think that some are suggesting that IT isnt really a 'handicapper' he's just a person who puts numbers into a computer and bets what the computer tells him. I don't know IT from a hole in the wall, but some are suggesting he's not putting any 'feel' into his picks and he's just using raw data to make picks.

Maybe he can discuss this on the show.

mofome

Banned

Joe, i think that some are suggesting that IT isnt really a 'handicapper' he's just a person who puts numbers into a computer and bets what the computer tells him. I don't know IT from a hole in the wall, but some are suggesting he's not putting any 'feel' into his picks and he's just using raw data to make picks.

Maybe he can discuss this on the show.

That is not handicapping? He has his system and thats what he feels comfortable putting his money behind. IDK - I must be missing something.

As far as the guy - stud character.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

That is not handicapping? He has his system and thats what he feels comfortable putting his money behind. IDK - I must be missing something.

As far as the guy - stud character.

Im not suggesting its wrong, if you win, you're doing something right, i applaud him, not being critical at all, winning is hard, anyway you can win is the right way.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

You need to get into the 21st century, bud. Pimply-faced computer-geeky Zuker-slugs run everything, especially the line.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You say this like it's a bad thing.

You need to get into the 21st century, bud. Pimply-faced computer-geeky Zuker-slugs run everything, especially the line.

Didnt mean it to sound like a bad thing....its a good thing, if you can remove human emotion out of the equasion and win, its absolutely the right thing.

Didnt mean it to sound like a bad thing....its a good thing, if you can remove human emotion out of the equasion and win, its absolutely the right thing.

That was fast.

...Hey, I'm better at modeling when I DON'T watch the game. Knowing anything about the game simply biases you.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

That was fast.

...Hey, I'm better at modeling when I DON'T watch the game. Knowing anything about the game simply biases you.

I think that knowing something about the game will bias you if you believe the wrong thing. Its tricky to use 'human emotion' in betting decisions because most times, the human biases will hurt rather than help.

I think that knowing something about the game will bias you if you believe the wrong thing. Its tricky to use 'human emotion' in betting decisions because most times, the human biases will hurt rather than help.

Jesus, I think you live here...

...anyway, if you don't believe knowing a ton about a game biases the sh*t outta you, follow the record of the so-called pros that yap on TV every week. Nary a damn one of them knows a lick about the underlying numerical structure of the game. All formulaic stuff, and mostly all wrong.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Jesus, I think you live here...

...anyway, if you don't believe knowing a ton about a game biases the sh*t outta you, follow the record of the so-called pros that yap on TV every week. Nary a damn one of them knows a lick about the underlying numerical structure of the game. All formulaic stuff, and mostly all wrong.

Im just trying to get you to post more than once a year. :houra

No doubt that the 'pros' on tv talking about the games have zero idea about how to pick 55-60% winners on a consistent basis. They're called 'experts' but they never really tell you what their 'expertise' is in.