Is LBJ the best defensive player in the NBA?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
What was he last year?

That's not an asnwer but I will answer your question; unqetionably a +Defender; I witnessed it.

Second Spectrum had him in the 90th Percentile, look it up.

Stop believing the BS you see on ESPN; they exist to sell advertising, not to inform you. Those guys need to have an opinion on everything.... American Football, NBA, MLB, NHL, Boxing, MMA, Tennis, etc...

Their so silly, it's silly. Max Kellerman, the other day ,was defending his, "I Can't Believe it's Not Kawhi," is the best player in the LG by citing how good Toronto is doing without him. Mercury is in retrograde w/ these Clowns.

Brick played no defense last year at all. He was the laziest player in basketball. This year he's been playing great and playing defense. I don't know what he would have done in the 80s and 90s. Just watching today he's getting layup after layup and not getting touched. It's a totally different game.

Jokic played bad at the end there. Brick can't hit water from a boat. He missed the game winning shot but gets a ton of uncontested layups. AD won the game burying those two 3s.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Brick played no defense last year at all. He was the laziest player in basketball. This year he's been playing great and playing defense. I don't know what he would have done in the 80s and 90s. Just watching today he's getting layup after layup and not getting touched. It's a totally different game.

Did you just see him D up Jokic in the post to close out the game, whose shot was wildily way off despite being 3 feet from the basket? He can go 1 through 5.

Once again, he was a +Defender last year.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Jokic played bad at the end there. Brick can't hit water from a boat. He missed the game winning shot but gets a ton of uncontested layups. AD won the game burying those two 3s.

No one picks on LBJ defensively and you just saw why. Not sure why they even tried it; he was Demonesque that game.

That game never should have went to OT, Frank has got to be better, although I did love his closing lineups, both in the 4th and OT. The point is if he's better w/ his rotations earlier, it precludes (may) all the late dramatics.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Who's the best basketball player in the game today?

Giannias
Harden
Doncic
Jokic
Brick

HomeBoy was pulled from the game late for Defensive purposes. Smart move becuase instead of LBJ taking that garbage shot at the end of regulation, they would have forced a Jokic switch on LBJ who would have proceeded to go right around him like he blew by him earlier in the game.

I was dissapointed when I saw Jokic on the bench becuase had he been on the floor, I'm going to that switch, which also set's up a UniBron PnR.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
HomeBoy was pulled from the game late for Defensive purposes. Smart move becuase instead of LBJ taking that garbage shot at the end of regulation, they would have forced a Jokic switch on LBJ who would have proceeded to go right around him like he blew by him earlier in the game.

I was dissapointed when I saw Jokic on the bench becuase had he been on the floor, I'm going to that switch, which also set's up a UniBron PnR.

It was a good look, it just didn't drop, I just wasn't expecting that.

kane

EOG master

32,12,and 14, just another masterful performance from the best to ever do it

kane

EOG master
Who's the best basketball player in the game today?

Giannias
Harden
Doncic
Jokic
Brick

The thought that James Harden is better at basketball then LeBron James is laugh out loud funny, it really is. LeBron can play the game left handed and be ten times the player Harden is

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The thought that James Harden is better at basketball then LeBron James is laugh out loud funny, it really is. LeBron can play the game left handed and be ten times the player Harden is

LMAO. Let's not get crazy :)

Maybe 9 times better, tops :)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Good. I hope he does it 4x's in the Finals.

FYI: AD said himself that LBJ is their best player.

Same as the thought that Brick is better than Jordan. Brick was awful last year as far as effort. Even in the finals Brick takes games off. Last night the only way Brick could score was layup or dunk. The defense just let him go. And you still don't realize that point forwards stats are inflated yet you keep using it.

Jordan once played a little PG and scored a triple double in 10 of 11 games. The one game he didn't get a triple double was 40, 11, 7. He averaged 30.2 pts, 9.2 boards, 10.7 assists and 2.4 steals in the 24 games he played PG.

kane

EOG master
The GOAT leads the league in assists, in his 17th season, beyond amazing the things this guy can do

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Jordan once played a little PG and scored a triple double in 10 of 11 games. The one game he didn't get a triple double was 40, 11, 7. He averaged 30.2 pts, 9.2 boards, 10.7 assists and 2.4 steals in the 24 games he played PG.

We all know how great MJ was but if you're tellling me he was a better all-around B-ball player then I'm telling you that you're on fucking drugs. I've never heard one person argue that, their main argument is, "6-0 in Finals," If that is how you want to judge it, then we are both wrong, Russell is GOAT.

kane

EOG master
Nope, Jordan never led the league in assists, the GOAT is doing things in his 17th season that Jordan never did in his prime

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
So getting to the finals should be no problem then?

I thought you were hiding in the weeds to avoid prosecution in the Heim Trials?

MJ didn't play 17 seasons and in his last two he didn't even make the playoffs. LBJ's leading a 1 seed, thus far.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Well, the Clippers have a better overall team imo, so of course it won't be easy

I'm not following how what you said relates to what FW said. What does one have to do with the other? Anyway, wasn't MJ's last playoff appearance in his 13th Season?

kane

EOG master
I'm not someone who uses championships to judge a player's greatness. Dan Marino was one of the greatest QB's of all time, the things guys are doing today numbers wise, Marino was doing in the 80's, only better. Mike Trout is baseball's best player and has been for a long time, by the time his career is over he'll go down as one of the all time greats to ever play, and whether he wins a WS or not won't change that fact. I could go on, but that's my point. The odds of LeBron catching Jordan with 6 is unlikely to happen, but that will never change the fact that he's the better overall basketball player, I respect you FW, but you're a Bulls fan, so let's say you're not exactly impartial when comparing the two of them. Back when I was a kid, before Jordan, the debate was always Bird or Magic, well being a Celtics fan guess which side I came down on, but even though I would of course always go with Bird, I would also know that I was a bit biased in my opinion

kane

EOG master
I'm not following how what you said relates to what FW said. What does one have to do with the other? Anyway, wasn't MJ's last playoff appearance in his 13th Season?

FW said the Lakers should have no problem getting to the finals, but obviously they have one major obstacle in their path

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
FW said the Lakers should have no problem getting to the finals, but obviously they have one major obstacle in their path

I meant your 17th year leading in assists comment to FW jumping to his Finals comment. It's neither here nor there, just curiousl

kane

EOG master
I don’t think they are coming out of the west.

Okay, as of right now I would go Clipps as well, but that has nothing to do with LeBron having an amazing season this deep into his career, any other player at this point in their career would be coming off the bench maybe getting a few minutes and getting ready for retirement, this fucking guy is still playing at an elite level, with as many minutes as he's played (including all those deep playoff runs), and all the wear and tear a basketball player puts on his body and especially his joints, it's nothing short of remarkable he can still play at an elite level, he's a one of a kind athlete, and until proven otherwise I still contend he's half human half cyborg, he's something not of this world

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Okay, as of right now I would go Clipps as well, but that has nothing to do with LeBron having an amazing season this deep into his career, any other player at this point in their career would be coming off the bench maybe getting a few minutes and getting ready for retirement, this fucking guy is still playing at an elite level, with as many minutes as he's played (including all those deep playoff runs), and all the wear and tear a basketball player puts on his body and especially his joints, it's nothing short of remarkable he can still play at an elite level, he's a one of a kind athlete, and until proven otherwise I still contend he's half human half cyborg, he's something not of this world
To me, I’m betting against the Lakers in the craps analogy. I don’t know who will take them down as of yet. I’m factoring health as a big part of the equation though.

MrTop

EOG Master
the only reason LBJ went to LA was to be closer to his private business and get more plugs for his hair loss. Should be like jordan and shave it or wrap it around and around like trump.

;)

kane

EOG master
I meant your 17th year leading in assists comment to FW jumping to his Finals comment. It's neither here nor there, just curiousl

Yeah, the things LeBron is doing on the court this year has nothing to do with whether or not his team reaches the finals or wins a championship. If his team wins the title, the haters will give all the credit to AD, and if they don't win the title, the haters will place all the blame on LeBron, but winning a title or not doesn't change the fact that the guy is doing things this late in his career that are amazing. The other star in LA is 28 and in his 8th season, and he decides to sit out every other game, LeBron is 35 in his 17th season, and he's out there every fucking night, I don't think there will ever be another like him, who knows maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine a basketball player replicating his career and doing it an elite level this deep into a career

kane

EOG master
To me, I’m betting against the Lakers in the craps analogy. I don’t know who will take them down as of yet. I’m factoring health as a big part of the equation though.

Okay, but that has nothing to do with what we've been talking about, nothing can take away from LeBron's greatness, it makes no difference if he wins another title or not, nothing can take away from his greatness on the basketball court

kane

EOG master
the only reason LBJ went to LA was to be closer to his private business and get more plugs for his hair loss. Should be like jordan and shave it or wrap it around and around like trump.

;)

He went to LA to expand his post basketball career, once he retires he'll have his hand in a lot of different projects, also if you had a choice to live in Cleveland or LA, where would you choose?