Is LBJ the best defensive player in the NBA?

kane

EOG master
Brick hasn't been the best player in the NBA for a few years now yet some call him the GOAT.

Jordan wasn't the best player in the NBA his last few seasons, yet at the time he was known as the GOAT, it isn't about the last few years of a players career, it's his career as a whole that gets judged, and judging LeBron's career as a whole, he's the best all around player to ever step foot on a basketball court, deal with it

kane

EOG master
Brick's two from tying the record for Finals lost.

So what? The guy with the most losses in the finals is Jerry West, he also happens to be one of the greats of all time, all those losses don't diminish his excellent career, and neither do LeBron's

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
What skill is there in playing a zone D against 4 players behind the 3-point line? The shooting is obviously better now, but in terms of hoops smarts, no way. The entire first round is one and done players or some 18-YO from Europe. They just don’t have the experience like the players had 20 years ago.

Some 20-year old just kicked the ass of, "I can't believe it's not Kawhi," up and down the court last night; I saw it, he kicked his fucking ass. What does age have to do w/ anythiing? Your refering to Donic, that MoFo has been playing profressionally for years. That just shows you the development of the game; the guys are flat out better basketball players today. Do you really think skills have atrophied since 1980? No, they've developed.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Some 20-year old just kicked the ass of, "I can't believe it's not Kawhi," up and down the court last night; I saw it, he kicked his fucking ass. What does age have to do w/ anythiing? Your refering to Donic, that MoFo has been playing profressionally for years. That just shows you the development of the game; the guys are flat out better basketball players today. Do you really think skills have atrophied since 1980? No, they've developed.
I didn’t watch the NBA last night. I think they have to be 18-19 to be drafted from overseas, no? No one is questioning that they are better athletically. It’s just not a better game overall. It’s not a LBJ thing or any specific player thing. The NBA looks like a eurotrash league now.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I didn’t watch the NBA last night. I think they have to be 18-19 to be drafted from overseas, no?

I don't know. Donic is what, 20? 21? I think he is 20. I'm not sure at what age they are draft eligible.

I tuned in to watch Marcus and "I can't Believe it's Not Kawhi," but I couldn't find the latter in the 4th or either OT :)

kane

EOG master
The game is much different today than it was 20 years ago, back then the game was more physical, scoring 100 was a lot, today the game is more wide open, you don't see any post play anymore. Personally I preferred the more physical style, I remember the Heat playing the Knicks in the playoffs when the first team to 80 usually won. But there's no doubt today's players are more athletic, so the game has become a wide open three point shooting game. A 7 footer like Porzingis would have been put on the low block and taught post moves 20 years ago, now he's on the perimeter shooting three's to stretch the defense, I love the NBA, imo they're the best athletes in the world, it's a different game than it used to be, but that's only because of today's freakish athletes, 7 footers like Porzingis and KD have the shooting touch of 6 foot point guards

MrTop

EOG Master
the players are more athletic ...better at handling the ball . I miss the post up game , I will never get use to a big man shooting the 3..The physical part of the game had to go cause of the fights. Looked bad on TV

Heim

EOG Master
The Lakers play great team defense...Lebron is just a beneficiary of that. They double team almost everything and Vogel makes
some great substitutions, i.e Howard on Jokic. I'm really impressed. Complete different mind set than last year. Even Caruso
is showing some skills on 'D'

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't know. Donic is what, 20? 21? I think he is 20. I'm not sure at what age they are draft eligible.

I tuned in to watch Marcus and "I can't Believe it's Not Kawhi," but I couldn't find the latter in the 4th or either OT :)

International players who are at least 22 years old are automatically eligible for selection, while the players younger than 22 have to declare their eligibility. ... No player may sign with the NBA until he has been eligible for at least one draft.

The game is much different today than it was 20 years ago, back then the game was more physical, scoring 100 was a lot, today the game is more wide open, you don't see any post play anymore. Personally I preferred the more physical style, I remember the Heat playing the Knicks in the playoffs when the first team to 80 usually won. But there's no doubt today's players are more athletic, so the game has become a wide open three point shooting game. A 7 footer like Porzingis would have been put on the low block and taught post moves 20 years ago, now he's on the perimeter shooting three's to stretch the defense, I love the NBA, imo they're the best athletes in the world, it's a different game than it used to be, but that's only because of today's freakish athletes, 7 footers like Porzingis and KD have the shooting touch of 6 foot point guards
Brick wouldn't be as good years ago when the game was physical. Brick scores on all layups and dunks. He'd get hammered.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The Lakers play great team defense...Lebron is just a beneficiary of that. They double team almost everything and Vogel makes
some great substitutions, i.e Howard on Jokic. I'm really impressed. Complete different mind set than last year. Even Caruso

Once agian, you know absolutely nothing, please stop talking UniBron. You should be preparing for your trial.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

I told you before the Season the starting lineup, they'd be a sick defense, they have the best dup in the NBA, 13-Klaws is more injury prone and they should be favored to win the West and win it all.

Only an ignoranrt person didn't know Caruso was a defensive demon; here's a hint, just watch a fucking game instead of coming on here and making a compete ass of yourself.

Vogel has to be better w/ his substituitons, he just has to be. That game never should have seen OT; never should have happened.

Your signature is so ironic, your NBA opinion should be completely ignored. I'm being cruel to be kind. Stop having an opinion on things you know nothing about, it's the very definition of ignorance. It's OK to say, I don't know the guys game.